Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Rap Failure?
I could understand not being able to hear the music while you were doing such a kick ass job!!

Mark = One Rappin Dude!!

:clap: :thumbup:
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Mark is turning into the fifth Beatle over there.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Don't you think it's odd that I started on the same wrong beat every time?

That's because hearing it over the phone is about a half second behind. But hearing it back, it was an utter failure. Oh well.

I was more pissed at that asshole who called in after me whining about Marissa hanging up on him. What a baby.
The phone was the reason you couldn't keep with the beat? Is that the same as when "Name That Tune" players suddenly can't hear the songs whenever Zane and HW are dominating?

Are you sure you're not just mad that dude owned you? FB did say they got a bunch of e-mails right after that guy called agreeing with him. Marissa's cool and all but the evidence is against her.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Want to talk evidence now eh? That's fine by me.

The guy claims he called in during a CWTTAB segment where Zane was talking about his kid's hockey coach being an a-hole. Well, looking at the podcast listing, look at what I found:

10/26/09 - Segment 13 - A-hole coach at Zane's kid's hockey game, stupid intense coaches

Yeah, that's right: Segment 13. Not usually CWTTAB then is it?
Eff off.
Hell, I've had the opposite experience when Marissa's been answering phones. I've been on hold for a topic, and not gotten on, and rather than just dump my call, she picked up and apologized for them not being able to get me on the air.
potthole Wrote:Hell, I've had the opposite experience when Marissa's been answering phones. I've been on hold for a topic, and not gotten on, and rather than just dump my call, she picked up and apologized for them not being able to get me on the air.

did you pull the old "Don't you know who I am?"
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Nope. I just gave my name and city, never have indicated I'm from here or that we've met.

EDIT:

Which, BTW, Marissa, I'm very glad they didn't get my call this morning, because it was LAME. I'd have been asking for a beatdown had I gotten on.
I did call this morning about the pregnancy/birthing topic. I lost the call in a dead cell, but I wonder sometimes if they get tired of talking to me. It's almost like I hear a topic I want to contribute on, pick up the phone and call and then while on hold think "I bet they don't want to hear from me AGAIN."

Marissa is awesome. If she told that dude this morning that they were not talking about a specific topic anymore, i bet he called after the ICWTTA segment.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Mark the Valet Wrote:Want to talk evidence now eh? That's fine by me.

The guy claims he called in during a CWTTAB segment where Zane was talking about his kid's hockey coach being an a-hole. Well, looking at the podcast listing, look at what I found:

10/26/09 - Segment 13 - A-hole coach at Zane's kid's hockey game, stupid intense coaches

Yeah, that's right: Segment 13. Not usually CWTTAB then is it?
Eff off.

Ah. Now that's interesting. You should have said that the first time instead of getting all fussy.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I'm generally incredibly nice with listeners. But every once in a while someone (oh let's just name them Mike from... TN) will be offended by the fact that I can't force the guys to take their SUPER interesting call about how their child plays hockey. Oh great call Mike, I'm sure everyone really wants to hear that your child knows how to ice skate. Please tell us more.

And the fact that I only hang up on about 2% of callers is astounding when you think about how stupid so many of our listeners are. Plus, only the stupid ones feel the need to call in "just to say hi." The thing is, other interns might actually put them on hold and take up one of our 5 lines, I prefer to say "Great, I'll let the guys know that. Thanks for calling." I say the SAME thing everytime. I don't ever say "Oh... ummm... we're not really talking about that right now..." or "No one gives a fucking shit." Which would actually be incredibly satisfying. I'm tempted once in a while to question how someone is actually smart enough to dial a telephone or if they just drolled on their cell phone so much that it just randomly dials radio stations who don't give a shit about what they bought at the grocery store. "I'd rather take poison than listen to any more of your fucking crazy rambling toothless hick. No I can't understand what your name is because you're to busy eating your brother's dick."

So, what I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry if I have been rude to anyone on the phone. But maybe you should just take the hint. Your call sucks. That's why I'm not putting you on hold, or why the guys didn't take it. Call when the topic is relevent, and call with a comment that is actually worth saying on the radio.
My latest Free Beer-ism: "Did the light lamp up? ...Wait did I just have a sword cramble? AHHHHG"
MARISSA Wrote:I'm generally incredibly nice with listeners. But every once in a while someone (oh let's just name them Mike from... TN) will be offended by the fact that I can't force the guys to take their SUPER interesting call about how their child plays hockey. Oh great call Mike, I'm sure everyone really wants to hear that your child knows how to ice skate. Please tell us more.

And the fact that I only hang up on about 2% of callers is astounding when you think about how stupid so many of our listeners are. Plus, only the stupid ones feel the need to call in "just to say hi." The thing is, other interns might actually put them on hold and take up one of our 5 lines, I prefer to say "Great, I'll let the guys know that. Thanks for calling." I say the SAME thing everytime. I don't ever say "Oh... ummm... we're not really talking about that right now..." or "No one gives a fucking shit." Which would actually be incredibly satisfying. I'm tempted once in a while to question how someone is actually smart enough to dial a telephone or if they just drolled on their cell phone so much that it just randomly dials radio stations who don't give a shit about what they bought at the grocery store. "I'd rather take poison than listen to any more of your fucking crazy rambling toothless hick. No I can't understand what your name is because you're to busy eating your brother's dick."

So, what I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry if I have been rude to anyone on the phone. But maybe you should just take the hint. Your call sucks. That's why I'm not putting you on hold, or why the guys didn't take it. Call when the topic is relevent, and call with a comment that is actually worth saying on the radio.

YES! Thank you! I knew callers were getting dumber!

Oh, and Marissa, you should vent more often. It's not healthy to keep all of that inside. And it's entertaining for us.
And you know they get pissed when dumb people call anyway. I know I do. I say if they're dumb to the screener, they aren't allowed to get through. Keep up the good work, Marissa.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
potthole Wrote:Hell, I've had the opposite experience when Marissa's been answering phones. I've been on hold for a topic, and not gotten on, and rather than just dump my call, she picked up and apologized for them not being able to get me on the air.

Joe has done that in the past too.

I'm not taking away any of Marissa's awesome points............I'm just saying!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
upperdeckercourt Wrote:YES! Thank you! I knew callers were getting dumber!

Truer words have never been spoken. The intelligence spike has been definitely on the decline for the last few months.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Biff Wrote:

Truer words have never been spoken. The intelligence spike has been definitely on the decline for the last few months.

It's because of all those crazy non-Michigan markets they have been adding lately....oh and Flint...
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:
Biff Wrote:

It's because of all those crazy non-Michigan markets they have been adding lately....oh and Flint...

Hey now! I'm in a non-Michigan market.

and just happen to be from the fucking market that the call came from . . . DAMMIT!! Stupid hicks!! Please don't hold it against me!!
Marissa, when you're putting info into the call screener, do you interns ever put in comments about the caller?
potthole Wrote:Marissa, when you're putting info into the call screener, do you interns ever put in comments about the caller?

I do sometimes... The call screen is incredibly small, so it's pretty difficult to include much information. There are three columns: name, location, comments. The comments one is about big enough for "My husband is a pilot - I want to defend ALL pilots." And it doesn't allow for text wrap around, so if you write too much Free Beer can't read it.

IF I do put my own comment on there is looks like this "Not all CC runners are nerdy losers (but this guy definitely is)" or "I want to rap... (God I'm embarrassed)."
My latest Free Beer-ism: "Did the light lamp up? ...Wait did I just have a sword cramble? AHHHHG"