Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, the show really stays on time nowadays, doesn't it?
I really enjoy the fact that nowadays like clockwork every segment ends up being between 10-20 minutes. Long gone are the days of "We're back! We took too long on the last break. So... we'll take a break! This is the Free Beer and Hot Wings Show."

Although (cue my typically nitpicky bullshit) does anyone else get a little irked when Zane is in the middle of a story and they HAVE to take a break? Or how about when a caller finally gets a chance to talk and Free Beer says they have like 40 seconds and have to cut them off after that?

This is more of a general wonderment about the interworkings of the show. Can someone explain to me why keeping the breaks an exact length nowadays has become such a massive issue?
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Yah, you're being nitpicky.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
While this is definantly nit-picky, IMO it would be better to either not take the call with 40 seconds left in the segment or just ask them to hang on if the call is that interesting.
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
mayorofawesometown Wrote:Can someone explain to me why keeping the breaks an exact length nowadays has become such a massive issue?

My guess is that one of the affiliate stations started to complain about time issues.
Probably the same one that wants to keep the fact that the show is based out of GRAND RAPIDS MICHIGAN a secret.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Being a podcaster, this doesnt affect me, but I probably would have hated how they don't have time for What Hot Wings Thinks and it gets moved all around instead of at the same time everyday. I miss the 30-40 minute segments and how it's rushed at times
WHWT always seems to be at basically the same time, give or take a couple of minutes, the first time each morning. It's always the last thing I'm able to hear as I'm pulling into the parking lot at work.
I do miss the 20-30 minute segments like the old CWTTAB, when they would go off on a subject. I podcast, and I keep a personal Best Of, and I'm finding that since they started staying so on time, I've saved fewer segments. I like when they get in big dumb debates, and it seems like they don't even have time to get much momentum going before they have to take a break.

I'm probably being nitpicky too, and I still love the show and will continue to pay to listen to it. I'm just saying...
Complain all you want. It's not going to change.
Mark the Valet Wrote:Complain all you want. It's not going to change.
It will if we bitch enough! theres a reason they call us the spite board dammit and if you cant get behind our complaining and fighting against any minor change to the show then you can gtfo! Wink
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
Mark the Valet Wrote:Complain all you want. It's not going to change.

Thank you...

[Image: captain+obvious.jpg]
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I'd blame the syndicator.

I hate the new clock. It really seems to ruin the flow of the show. Seems like it takes 4-6 minutes to really get into something, and then by that time, it's nearly time to take a break.

It also makes it seem like the commercial segments are more often, and longer.

12 min of show, 5-6 min of commercial, 12 min of show, 5-6 min of commercial.

I don't necessarily make FBHW a must listen anymore, and that is directly a result of the new clock making everything lay a little more "flat".
I wonder if someone was actually getting pissed off that they kept running late. Who would complain about more show? The only time I can think of that it may have been an issue was during that Friday Top 5 (back when it was still 5) and they went way over in the last segment and the satellite dropped the signal for all the affiliates.
they didnt run late at the end, there were just shorter segments. now it looks like every segment is between 10 and 15 minutes, and it's probably even more planned out than that. There's the same about of segments as always, I can assure you that. I'm sure the only ones that complained were the radio stations that had to run the commercials or something.
I have no doubt that they're more planned out now, with all the times Zane has said they're "up against it".