Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey Harrington: Worst QB in NFL history
I know he's not currently in any of markets FBHW are on now but he spent enough time F'n up Detroit I find this to be sweet.

Here's the story

Chase Stuart of Pro-football-reference.com recently updated his list of the worst NFL quarterbacks of all time. He originally created the list in 2006, but updated it to reflect recent stats.

The list is made entirely off statistical evaluation. Here are the 10 QB's who topped the list:

1. Joey Harrington 2. Rick Mirer 3. David Carr 4. Ryan Leaf 5. Frank Tripucka 6. Mike Taliaferro 7. Gary Huff 8. Kim McQuilken 9. Alex Smith 10. Kent Nix

After the list, Stuart made this clarification about Harrington:

To be clear, Joey Harrington probably isn't the worst quarterback of all time in an absolute sense. But in terms of being so far below average, but far enough above miserable to earn more playing time, Joey Harrington hurt his team more than any other QB in NFL history.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
He is also the worst dancer in the history of the NFL. He was at my cousin's wedding over the winter and just wow... Nice down-to-earth guy though.
That's what she said.
dino Wrote:I know he's not currently in any of markets FBHW are on now but he spent enough time F'n up Detroit I find this to be sweet.

Here's the story
1. Joey Harrington 2. Rick Mirer 3. David Carr 4. Ryan Leaf 5. Frank Tripucka 6. Mike Taliaferro 7. Gary Huff 8. Kim McQuilken 9. Alex Smith 10. Kent Nix
I don't know. Any list that doesn't include the interception machine known as Bob Avellini is automatically suspect.
He's not even the worst Lions QB in history. Can you say "Andre Ware"?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:He's not even the worst Lions QB in history. Can you say "Andre Ware"?

I'd have to agree with that but at least the Lions didn't make him the starter for 3 years.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Can you imagine Harrington playing aganst Paul Krause ;D
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
How long before he starts to whine about this? Didn't take him very long to get all "Woe is me" after he left the Lions.
wienerpoopie Wrote:Can you imagine Harrington playing aganst Paul Krause ;D

Paul would TOTALLY kick his ass
I don't think David Carr is fair on this list. It's hard to be a good QB when you play behind a line that the d-line runs through like paper. I'm surprised he's still even walking with the beating he took in Houston.

I'd put Leaf at #1. And I think Alex Smith on the list isn't right, especially since I'm supposed to believe he's worse than guys like Andre Ware, Cade McNown, Akili Smith, and who can forget Heath Shuler. I know Redskins fans probably wish they could.
Admin Wrote:He's not even the worst Lions QB in history. Can you say "Andre Ware"?

Hell I remember when everyone freaked out when they got his rookie card..."omg, Andre Ware" that's 5 bucks already!! I bet if you try and turn his card in, the dealer looks at ya and punches ya in the nuts or something.
Rex Grossman has to be somewhere in there for worst QB in NFL History
dino Wrote:I know he's not currently in any of markets FBHW are on now but he spent enough time F'n up Detroit I find this to be sweet.

Here's the story

Chase Stuart of Pro-football-reference.com recently updated his list of the worst NFL quarterbacks of all time. He originally created the list in 2006, but updated it to reflect recent stats.

The list is made entirely off statistical evaluation. Here are the 10 QB's who topped the list:

To be clear, Joey Harrington probably isn't the worst quarterback of all time in an absolute sense. But in terms of being so far below average, but far enough above miserable to earn more playing time, Joey Harrington hurt his team more than any other QB in NFL history.

Don't see Heath Shuler on that list. I saw him in college and was a huge fan and thought he was a can't miss. Way to hold out Heath and ruin your career.
conebone69 Wrote:Rex Grossman has to be somewhere in there for worst QB in NFL History

You cannot be even on the list if you have taken your team to the super bowl. Trent Dilfer was nothing special but he won the super bowl. As much as I cannot stand Rex Grossman he did qb in the super bowl.
Too bad that list is based on statistics... Tim Couch never played enough to get stats.
"Is Joey Harrington the worst QB in NFL history?"

I believe the correct answer is, "DUUUUUUUH."
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I think he forgot brian Griese when he played for the broncos. god he was awful, but he did have big shoes to fill.
patfromportland Wrote:I think he forgot brian Griese when he played for the broncos. god he was awful, but he did have big shoes to fill.

I know Griese is not great but, I also think his awfulness is vastly overrated. I used to play fantasy football and had him on my team and he was a scoring machine for me. Then he got injured and started falling over dogs and so on and so forth.

Here's the story

How the hell is David Carr not #2 or #1? Effin' hate that guy. I looked at the site to see how they came up with the numbers so I guess its alright that he's in the top 3, but I F'n hate him!
I'm a Panther's fan and when I found out last year that they signed him and let him play instead of Chris Weinke (whom I think had the ability to be the franchise QB with time, old m-f'er or not) I nearly shat myself.

Looking at their seasonal worst statistically was shocking. Seeing names like Aikman (x2), Testaverde, Theismann, and Plummer were surpising. I can see why they're on there for those years, its just that you wouldn't expect them to ever have been THAT bad looking back.

And I'm glad to see Archie Manning on the seasonal worst list. People seem to forget he sucked.
Also, I'm shocked not to see K. Collins up there. The a-hole.

-=The Prynce
hooray for bad quarterbacks, let's add Dave Kreig (record for most fumbles by a quarterback), Scott Mitchell, Garo Yupremian(sp?), okay i'll digress on yupremian he's technically a kicker, but the only recorded pass he threw went straight through his hands after the kick was blocked.
tarvaris jackson is the worst in the league right now or brodie croyle. maybe matt cassell will take over though once he has actually started a game
Officially speaking, Cade McNown is hands down the worst Quarterback that has ever lived, Homer simpson summed up his Quarterback draft Class with "Wow... those guys are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked, man did they suck."
Trent dilfer qb in the superbowl so I think thats a pretty bad argument for rex. Andre ware and heath shuler are some good gems. Anyone watched tavaris jackson? yea he's a great find chili
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!