Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sara Palin Pic
Okay now this pic was shown on the news because there was some stupid breach of contract with runners world or something... I don't care about that. I also couldn't care less about anything this woman does or will do because she will go nowhere. But am I the only one that is bothered by this pic?
[Image: palin-in-runners-world.jpg]

Now conservative, liberal, or in between you have to agree that this is truly disrespectful to the flag. It is not only draped over a chair and crumpled on it, she is leaning on top of it like it's nothing. If anyone should know better it should be her. one of the things that piss me off more than anything is disrespecting the flag, it is the flag of our country and it stands for those who gave their lives and those fighting for it, not to mention every single person that lives under it. It is utter bullshit that a once VP runner would be seen in a pic like this.

*edit*
by the way just in case anyone wants to say anything in this manner about what i said. I understand there are people out there who do things to the flag and it's not illegal, freedom of speech and all. However this woman is supposed to be the "all american" hockey mom, super woman thing. that plus anyone in politics should know enough about how to properly treat a flag.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
That is nothing:

[Image: bush911.jpg]

I know this is on a mat...but it is still a flag and still should follow the flag code and it was done by the current president at the time...

or even worse:

[Image: bushflag.jpg]
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
yeah the mat is one thing and is somewhat a grey area so can be understood. but the signing a flag, no matter how small it is, is still disrespectful.
I don't believe there is a grey area, a flag is a flag is a flag. The display law includes wearing flag clothing such as shirts and shorts as well (as in you are not susposed to wear them), so I believe a mat with a flag on it is even more disrespectful because you are then stepping on the flag.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:I don't believe there is a grey area, a flag is a flag is a flag. The display law includes wearing flag clothing such as shirts and shorts as well (as in you are not susposed to wear them), so I believe a mat with a flag on it is even more disrespectful because you are then stepping on the flag.

That's how i look at it too, it's just there are some people who don't.

That's why I was highly annoyed by all the people buying the flag stuff after 9/11.

Jackets with it on the back, or even jackets with the flag design on it, flag patches, flag shoes, flag on cars(by on i mean on the hood or things like that), flag hats, flag shirts, and so on. it's one thing to wear a pin but another to do something that makes it a fashon statement.

This year when i went down the outer banks with my in-laws it was around 4th of july. There were so many places that had the flag hanging out, some actually had it properly on a pole and proudly flying, but some had it draped over something dragging on the ground, hanging a big flag from a small pole, and my biggest peeve with this subject, flying one that is tattered and torn. Oh yeah i almost forgot there was actually a couple of places that had like a banner for thier business or a jolly roger flying ABOVE the flag. That's an even bigger insult than anything else you can do.
This dosn't look photo shoped at all...

[Image: palin-in-runners-world.jpg]
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:This dosn't look photo shoped at all...

either way she had to give the final okay on the pic, photoshopped or not. and it is still a huge disrespect to the flag.
The people who don't like Palin are going to raise a fit about it.

Everyone else thinks the people raising a fit about it are being ridiculous.

Yes, I'm looking at all of you who are raising your eyebrows at it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Biff Wrote:The people who don't like Palin are going to raise a fit about it.

Everyone else thinks the people raising a fit about it are being ridiculous.

Yes, I'm looking at all of you who are raising your eyebrows at it.

I would be complaining about it if it was anyone. Hell if it were any of the guys from the show i would be pretty peeved about it. I don't agree with someone disrespecting the flag. But if it's a politician i hold them to a higher standard because it is our country's flag that they represent and they should know better.