Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show Video Buffering
Lately I've noticed problems when trying to watch show videos (i.e. Joe Stunts and stuff shot/uploaded by FBHW). The videos don't want to buffer properly.

In the past they worked much like a Youtube video would-- I'd be able to see a buffer line fill as the video either played or was paused. For about the past week, however, that buffer line has only gone about 1/8 of the way, and then stopped all progress, regardless of how long I let the video sit.

Anybody else having this problem? Anybody have any ideas what the problem might be?
potthole Wrote:Anybody have any ideas what the problem might be?

Probably whichever dipshit / intern they put in charge of uploading the videos
Wowie Groovie !
The videos are now uploaded differently because a bunch of people were having issues with the amount of time it took for the videos to load. They're now streaming. I was told by the tech nerds that it should only take a couple of seconds to buffer, and then it will play. You won't actually see the "buffer bar" fill. You can even jump around in the video now without having to wait for anything to load. You couldn't do this the old way.

I've had no problems whatsoever with the new method, even on my shitty internet connection at my apartment.

-steve
Crap, this new streaming method isn't all that great on my connection. It'll play for about ten seconds, stop and buffer for a couple, play for ten seconds, stop and buffer....

Sure, it did take sometimes five to ten minutes to let videos buffer completely with the old method, but I'd just let it buffer and do other stuff while it worked. Oh well, can't make everybody happy.
potthole Wrote:Crap, this new streaming method isn't all that great on my connection. It'll play for about ten seconds, stop and buffer for a couple, play for ten seconds, stop and buffer....

Sure, it did take sometimes five to ten minutes to let videos buffer completely with the old method, but I'd just let it buffer and do other stuff while it worked. Oh well, can't make everybody happy.

Let it buffer and then hit pause. Go do other stuff and then check back again.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I've had this problem too. Even letting it sit won't work. I had no problem before.
I followed Biff's advice and things work better now. Every few minutes or so during a long video I still need to pause and let it sit for thirty seconds, but I can tolerate that.