Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS
I'm thinking of buying a gps systems and was looking for some help on what would be good. I am looking for something that I can map out mulitple destinations at once. Any help would be great. Thanks!
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
I don't have any advice but those are some nifty products for people who travel or make deliveries.

When they get down to the price level of dvd players I will pick one up.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I don't have any advice but those are some nifty products for people who travel or make deliveries.

When they get down to the price level of dvd players I will pick one up.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I have a Garmin Nuvi and love it. Very easy to use, and with a widescreen, very easy to see. It also allows you to put in a location, then add another and get directions to the different places.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
The Garmins and TomTom's tend to be the best GPS units, you just have to look at the different features each one has and pick out the one that suits you because there are many different options out there. I'd make a list of 5 or so features out there and rate each one you like based on those, the best one wins.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
This is the one that I have and I absolutely love it:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-780-Widescreen-Bluetooth-Navigator/dp/B0011UEUNG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261887061&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-780-Widesc ... 061&sr=8-1</a><!-- m -->

It has the fm transmitter to send the audio over the airwaves to your stereo in your car. It also has an MP3 player built into it as well as Bluetooth connectivity for your phone. Its nice to take phone calls hands free and have the audio go through the car speakers.

It also has voice prompted turn by turn directions.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
I have a Tom Tom XL, and I love it.

With Tom Tom you can download different user created voices, some of them are lame, but it is pretty cool having a Cylon give me directions.

You can also download "Official" celebrity voices for 10-15 dollars. I bought the Homer Simpson voice.

You can also create your own voice and upload it for all to enjoy.

Oh yeah, it's a pretty good navigator too
Wowie Groovie !