Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any chefs or cooks
are you a chef or cook? or know anybody that is?

i've been laid off the last 4 weeks now (construction). i really dig cooking and have always had some thoughts of taking a job at it (part time during my lay off time)or change in career even perhaps. just don't know how stressful or anything really about the profession. don't want it to kill the joy that i do have for it. do most dream of being a chef and turn out to be a cook a dennys or some shit like that. thats what i don't want.
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
Friend back in high school was the cook at a local "dive-ish" restaraunt. Maybe start there?
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Get the government to pay for culinary school since you're laid off.

You know you want to latch onto the government tit.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
krystal Wrote:Get the government to pay for culinary school since you're laid off.

seriously? this must be sarcasm yes
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
imatoolhed Wrote:
krystal Wrote:Get the government to pay for culinary school since you're laid off.

Well they actually will pay for retraining if that is what you mean. A lot of people that got laid off from GM plants in Michigan have done it. I know they will pay for Truck Driving school, so why not culinary?
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:
imatoolhed Wrote:

Well they actually will pay for retraining if that is what you mean. A lot of people that got laid off from GM plants in Michigan have done it. I know they will pay for Truck Driving school, so why not culinary?

It was sarcasm mixed with truth.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Since it sounds like you don't want to be flipping hash browns at a Dennys, and have "high" expectations, you'd probably be best to take a serious look at culinary school.