Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imus and Zane will both be fired read on
What Don Imus said was disrespectful but this is not the problem here. The problem is that if we take him off the air for what he said or will say then were do we draw the line. At cuss words, raciest, or sexist comments? How about every time some ones feelings are hurt. Just last week Zane was sexist agents women. Now don't get me wrong i am not one of those thin skin a-holes. I think you should be able to say what you want. Should Zane be next? How far dose this go? How much free speech can we afford to lose because someone might not agree or like what someone said. Personally i don't like Imus but i can change the station.
It doesn't seem that the general feeling here is that imus should be fired. I don't really remember anyone saying so, and if they feel that way that is thier opinion, however it does seem imus is racist in a way. I am sure that for the most part at least people don't think Zane is racist.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
7kaos7 Wrote:Personally i don't like Imus but i can change the station.

You hit the nail on the head here. Agencies should not be controlling what is said on the air. If you don't like what you are hearing, just don't listen. No one is forcing the public to listen to Imus or anyone else. For that matter, if Imus is taken off the air then Al Sharpton should not be allowed to speak publicly. I may not like what he says, but I don't throw a tantrum. I just roll my eyes and think, "Oh he is silly." End of story.
That's what she said.
7kaos7 Wrote:What Don Imus said was disrespectful but this is not the problem here. The problem is that if we take him off the air for what he said or will say then were do we draw the line. At cuss words, raciest, or sexist comments? How about every time some ones feelings are hurt. Just last week Zane was sexist agents women. Now don't get me wrong i am not one of those thin skin a-holes. I think you should be able to say what you want. Should Zane be next? How far dose this go? How much free speech can we afford to lose because someone might not agree or like what someone said. Personally i don't like Imus but i can change the station.

I think one of our major problems as a nation is that we're all too damn sensitive. Anytime anyone says something offensive the whole world gets in an uproar. Freedom of speech means you're allowed to say things that might hurt someone elses feelings. I think we all need to thicken up our skins, grow a pair, and quite being such whiny sissys
Wowie Groovie !
I think it's crazy that a guy like Al Freakin' Sharpton can get a a guy fired from his job for being "racist".

That's like Pac-Man Jones criticizing someone for being at a strip club at 3:00 AM.
Zane needs counseling and parenting classes, but I still like him on the show. Usually,Zane adds a fair amount of contention that is good for the show and funny. For my taste, Zane has has only crossed the line a couple of times. Although Zane and Imus can both be asses, the difference is Zane is generally likeable, and Imus in unlikeable. Zane needs to be sure not to cross the line to being unlikeable, as that would be counterproductive to show ratings. Zane should be careful to not cross the line of healthy contention , while still maintaining likeability factors. For the most part, he does that.
I think Zane is honest. I think he tells it like it is and that includes his home life. I think he, unlike MOST others, can grab his sack and tell us what really happens in his world. That takes a lot of guts and people are going to talk shit about him for it. I admire that because MOST people don't have the guts to do it and it's interesting. If most people talked honestly about their lives you would see a lot more of this. People aren't perfect, and it's easy to throw stones when you are hiding behind a keyboard.
Good for him because he is making the world a more interesting place. Don't be a dick and judge him for it. ;D
Titan ! Wrote:
7kaos7 Wrote:What Don Imus said was disrespectful but this is not the problem here. The problem is that if we take him off the air for what he said or will say then were do we draw the line. At cuss words, raciest, or sexist comments? How about every time some ones feelings are hurt. Just last week Zane was sexist agents women. Now don't get me wrong i am not one of those thin skin a-holes. I think you should be able to say what you want. Should Zane be next? How far dose this go? How much free speech can we afford to lose because someone might not agree or like what someone said. Personally i don't like Imus but i can change the station.

I think one of our major problems as a nation is that we're all too damn sensitive. Anytime anyone says something offensive the whole world gets in an uproar. Freedom of speech means you're allowed to say things that might hurt someone elses feelings. I think we all need to thicken up our skins, grow a pair, and quite being such whiny sissys

I completely agree with you.
bluehawaiisurfer Wrote:I think Zane is honest. I think he tells it like it is and that includes his home life. I think he, unlike MOST others, can grab his sack and tell us what really happens in his world. That takes a lot of guts and people are going to talk shit about him for it. I admire that because MOST people don't have the guts to do it and it's interesting. If most people talked honestly about their lives you would see a lot more of this. People aren't perfect, and it's easy to throw stones when you are hiding behind a keyboard.
Good for him because he is making the world a more interesting place. Don't be a dick and judge him for it. ;D

You totally missed my point. what i was saying was that if we penalize Imus Zane can be next or you or me. personally i think Zane is a a-hole hell so am i. we need people like that on radio and TV.
things would be much less interesting if everyone tried appealing to everyone all the time...

the very second you spell the word AGAINST wrong, your opinion no longer counts. sorry, try again.
Honestly, who cares? This is the United States. We ARE allowed to say how we feel. This is a right guaranteed to all of us. People shouldn't take everything so seriously anyway. I am sure Imus's advertisers will pull and he will be gone again. Then he'll start up his own pocast or something which doesn't cost a thing. Who knows, who cares?
It disturbs me a bit that Sharpton said something about how they've been "monitoring" Imus since last year. To me that's so communist-KGB like it's not funny. Granted, he's not some official government official but he might as well be since everyone seems to give in to all his bullcrap. I hate how because Sharpton is some supposed "civil rights champion" that it makes all his actions ok.
Titan ! Wrote:

Tit, come on!!! There are so many spelling mistakes to comment on!!! Do it in red!!
sleazykeyz Wrote:

the very second you spell the word AGAINST wrong, your opinion no longer counts. sorry, try again.

Hay window licker your an idiot oh btw sleazykeyz i did not recall the letter z ever ending that word. if your going to coment on a how i spell and my mistakes dont spell keys with a z.
7kaos7 Wrote:
sleazykeyz Wrote:the very second you spell the word AGAINST wrong, your opinion no longer counts. sorry, try again.

Hay window licker your an idiot oh btw sleazykeyz i did not recall the letter z ever ending that word. if your going to coment on a how i spell and my mistakes dont spell keys with a z.

im not spelling keys... im spelling sleazykeyz... notice there isn't a space there... sleazykeyz cannot be spell checked, for it is not an actual word. It is a word I made up..

like this word areuadkfhjkas;fjkasfl

"HEY! there's no semi colon in areuadkfhjkasfjkasfl!"

minger

oh yeah, I want you to read this sentence really slowly to yourself...

if your going to coment on a how i spell and my mistakes dont spell keys with a z.

first of all... you're... not your... it's a conjunction meaning you are.

second... comment... not coment

dont... don't

sleazykeyz is spelled perfectly. prove me wrong. did you agree with hot wings in the naive thing too?
Unless the radio station has some policy about making comment like Imus did, then I don't believe there are grounds to fire him; however, if sponsors or there's also a decline in listeners then that could also merit his firing.
sleazykeyz Wrote:
7kaos7 Wrote:Hay window licker your an idiot oh btw sleazykeyz i did not recall the letter z ever ending that word. if your going to coment on a how i spell and my mistakes dont spell keys with a z.

im not spelling keys... im spelling sleazykeyz... notice there isn't a space there... sleazykeyz cannot be spell checked, for it is not an actual word. It is a word I made up..

like this word areuadkfhjkas;fjkasfl

"HEY! there's no semi colon in areuadkfhjkasfjkasfl!"

minger

oh yeah, I want you to read this sentence really slowly to yourself...

if your going to coment on a how i spell and my mistakes dont spell keys with a z.

first of all... you're... not your... it's a conjunction meaning you are.

second... comment... not coment

dont... don't

sleazykeyz is spelled perfectly. prove me wrong. did you agree with hot wings in the naive thing too?

good job window licker. you proved me wrong on a msg board that has noting to do with life. maybe you should be the new msg board grammar and spell checker or how about you work for walmart you can stand at the door greet people. oh yeah im is I'm for i am thanks anyway
.... no COMMENT... me > you
Well how about we stop bickering over spelling weather it be proper or improper and keep on topic. Any personal problems should be taken up in PM. Last time I checked the whole thing of a person speaking thier mind on a comparison between Imus' comments and Zane's has nothing to do with the proper spelling of against or someones name in the forum.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]