Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wingstock 2010
97.9 GRD presents Wingstock 2010, featuring Snoop Dogg, Pop Evil, Jackyl, and Richy Nix, Saturday, June 12, at Fifth Third Ballpark! Sample wings from the top restaurants that West Michigan has to offer! Eat, drink, and enjoy awesome music!

Tickets go on sale this Friday starting at 10am. Backstage Pass members will have access to an exclusive pre-sale this Wednesday!

Gates open at 4pm.

Tickets are $25 for the bleachers, $35 for the field, $45 VIP.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://wgrd.com/Wingstock2010/tabid/12938/Default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://wgrd.com/Wingstock2010/tabid/12938/Default.aspx</a><!-- m -->
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Yeah...I'll pass.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Haha, will Snoop call GR East Lansing this time like he did at Rothbury in 08...seriously the only one worth watching is Pop Evil...and I can see them at the intersection for less than that.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
The food and drink interests me. The musical acts, not so much. And what the crap is WGRD doing putting on a show with Snoop?
Anybody catch the announcement about who the new addition will be? Sure hope it's not as underwhelming as the other acts.
Drowning Pool.

I would have bet on Kid Rock.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Drowning Pool? What is it with bands that are years past their prime?
Quote:Regent Communications, a radio broadcasting company that operates 62 stations throughout the U.S., filed chapter 11 bankruptcy petitions in the Delaware Bankruptcy Court on March 1, 2010.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Rather than get multiple second-rate bands they should've just gotten one headliner. Bring in one or two lesser-known openers. Have 'em all play a full set, and viola, a party that lasts all evening and into the night.
Good, I'm glad other people think this will be terrible. The only one I'd remotely want to see is Snoop, and I don't even like rap.
The eating and drinking sounds awesome. The only reason I'm not too keen on Snoop is because WGRD isn't a rap station, so it makes no sense for them to bring in a rap artist. I'd be interested in seeing Snoop, but it's just goofy for im to be playing a show put on by a rock station.
I'd like to see Drowning Pool now that Ryan McCombs is their lead singer. I saw them once in the past and wasn't all that impressed but I liked McCombs when he was with Soil. I'll probably just wait until they are at the Orbit Room for free and then go and spend $10 per beer to see them there.

Otherwise I have no desire to see this show and I agree with Potthole on them bringing in a major headliner. They could have invited one major opener and then given a couple of the past winners of their local band contest a good audience and let them open for them as well.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"