Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Dagwood . . .
Roaming around the boards I see a lot of people asking you questions about 102.9 the Buzz and things relative thereto. There seems to be a heck of a lot of people from Nashville on these boards, and I thought I would start a thread that would be convenient for you to go to when someone wanted to ask you a question.

My questions - how long have you been at the Buzz and where else in the Nashville market have you worked?
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Hell yes! My own thread!

I've been at The Buzz since day one. Good Friday 1999. KDF went counrty and there we were. I've actually worked for the company since 1994. My first radio job was at WDBL in Springfield, TN. I started there in 1991. I'm a Middle Tennessee native. I grew up in LaVergne... so fellow Wolverines get extra love...

Any Buzz listeners who wanna hit me up can do so through here...or text the buzz studio at 49375...or call the buzz lines 737-1029 (I try my best to answer as much as I can in the morns)...or e-mail <!-- e --><a href="mailto:dagwood@1029thebuzz.com">dagwood@1029thebuzz.com</a><!-- e -->... or myspace.com/dagwoodbuzz (i need some more friends). I'm easy to find and I work for you guys, so don't hesitate to get in touch with me anytime.
And thats why we love you Dag!
Much love from Springfield!
Did you work with Tom Beasley?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I don't have a question...I'm just trying to get close to MY queen....(yeah, I'm in the doghouse..)
jus' P Wrote:I don't have a question...I'm just trying to get close to MY queen....(yeah, I'm in the doghouse..)

Baby don't stoop that low . . .you are better than that.
Queenie Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:I don't have a question...I'm just trying to get close to MY queen....(yeah, I'm in the doghouse..)

Baby don't stoop that low . . .you are better than that.

sheez...jus' playin'.... ;D
Hey Dag! Fellow Wolverine here. Woot Woot! Class of '96. I'm a bit younger than you though Big Grin
That's not at all what I thought you looked like Dagwood.

And I remember seeing Zigz at a concert about 3 years ago. He got up on stage to introduce one of the bands and wouldn't shut up.
residentialevil Wrote:That's not at all what I thought you looked like Dagwood.

And I remember seeing Zigz at a concert about 3 years ago. He got up on stage to introduce one of the bands and wouldn't shut up.

Imagine that!!
Queenie Wrote:Did you work with Tom Beasley?

"I'm Tom Beeeeeeeeesley (long pause) WDBL news..."

Wow! That's a name from the past. I worked with him for about a year, then he took a job with the Robertson County newspaper.
mistyrain419 Wrote:Hey Dag! Fellow Wolverine here. Woot Woot! Class of '96. I'm a bit younger than you though Big Grin

Yep. I graduauted in 1989. The very first year they were open. My sophomore and junior years were at Smyrna High.
Boo UofM. Yeah Spartans. Just kidding. I had no idea you were as old as I am Dag.
Oh Dagwood.. your so cool Wink I wanna be like you. HAHA.
peytonwqlz Wrote:Oh Dagwood.. your so cool Wink I wanna be like you. HAHA.

Keep reaching for those stars, Peyton! Smile
LOL Thanks Dagwood!
Hey Dagwood......tell me how my taint looks!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
dagwood Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Did you work with Tom Beasley?

"I'm Tom Beeeeeeeeesley (long pause) WDBL news..."

Wow! That's a name from the past. I worked with him for about a year, then he took a job with the Robertson County newspaper.

Two of my boys played football at Jo Byrns and Tom did the play by play with Kenneth Holman at all the home games, and he did a lot of the away games via remote. He definitely has a distinctive voice.

Hey you remember Swap N Shop?
Dagwood,

Do you know Peyton? Just curious.
Queenie Wrote:
dagwood Wrote:"I'm Tom Beeeeeeeeesley (long pause) WDBL news..."

Two of my boys played football at Jo Byrns and Tom did the play by play with Kenneth Holman at all the home games, and he did a lot of the away games via remote. He definitely has a distinctive voice.

Tom doing Red Devils games... I bet that was a snoozefest.

Do I remember Swap N Shop? I used to do it! I hated it, too! I didn't hate it as much as reading the obits, though...brought to you by The Robertson County Funeral Home... I did it everyday.
outkast1914 Wrote:Dagwood,

Do you know Peyton? Just curious.

Not personally.
dagwood Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Two of my boys played football at Jo Byrns and Tom did the play by play with Kenneth Holman at all the home games, and he did a lot of the away games via remote. He definitely has a distinctive voice.

Do I remember Swap N Shop? I used to do it! I hated it, too! I didn't hate it as much as reading the obits, though...brought to you by The Robertson County Funeral Home... I did it everyday.

How hicktown was that crap. I moved to Adams from Nashville and I heard my grandmother listening to Swap N Shop and thought I had died and gone to hell. Little did I know, Robertson County was one of the greatest places on earth and I still live there!!
Hey Dagwood! I love hearing your voice in the morning--always makes me smile. Especially when you come on the air and are still laughing about whatever stunt our boys just pulled...
itsalltrue Wrote:Hey Dagwood! I love hearing your voice in the morning--always makes me smile. Especially when you come on the air and are still laughing about whatever stunt our boys just pulled...

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy listening to the radio station! Smile
is anyone listening to this? Geez. Zane is killing his parents. Lol.
Thanks for the traffic reports, you've saved my rear a few times!
Hey Dagwood, what kind of perks do you get with your job?
barbarian Wrote:Hey Dagwood, what kind of perks do you get with your job?

Bitches, fame and money! Actually, I have none of those. But, I haven't paid for a CD or a concert ticket in 10 years. Oh, and usually free drinks. That's about it.
dagwood Wrote:

Bitches, fame and money! Actually, I have none of those. But, I haven't paid for a CD or a concert ticket in 10 years. Oh, and usually free drinks. That's about it.

Sounds like a pretty decent benefit package to me!
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dagwood Wrote:

Pssh. I drive for a living and get a better benefit package than that. Free gas! Worth more than your pussy-rock cd's and concert tickets though! Booyah In all seriousness though, your portion of on-air time at the Buzz is the only portion worth listening too. So much respect for a job awesomely done.
nukethekids Wrote:
dagwood Wrote:Bitches, fame and money! Actually, I have none of those. But, I haven't paid for a CD or a concert ticket in 10 years. Oh, and usually free drinks. That's about it.

Pssh. I drive for a living and get a better benefit package than that. Free gas! Worth more than your pussy-rock cd's and concert tickets though! Booyah In all seriousness though, your portion of on-air time at the Buzz is the only portion worth listening too. So much respect for a job awesomely done.

You have me beat. I'd rather have free gas than Def Leppard tickets.
dagwood Wrote:

Hey hook a listener up with some Journey tix!! I've seen them about 4 times, and been backstage 3 times. They are really nice guys and I love all of their music.

Journey used to (and still may) have a message board like this one. I really got to know a lot of other Journey fans and we got together for a cookout prior to a concert at Starwood. It was really neat. We also got really good tickets (front row) for being in the Journey Fan Club. I hope that if FB&HW comes to Nashville, all the locals that post to this message board should get together and do something similar.
Hey Dagwood . . . thanks for ruining my breakfast with the lougie <sp> story.
Hey Dagwood,

Have you been to the "Best of" threads?? not to repeat everything, but Sat mornings and Holidays would be cooler if ya'll would give it some love.
Queenie Wrote:Hey Dagwood . . . thanks for ruining my breakfast with the lougie <sp> story.

That's the first time in my entire life I had seen a female blow a snotrocket. I had to share! I owe you a biscuit, I guess. Smile
jus' P Wrote:Hey Dagwood,

Have you been to the "Best of" threads?? not to repeat everything, but Sat mornings and Holidays would be cooler if ya'll would give it some love.

Are you talking about mixing in music with FBHW segments? Unfortuantely, that's not my call. We used to not even play a "Best Of" on holidays. So I guess a few songs an hour isn't that bad if you look at it that way.

Next week it will be all FB&HW during the "Best Of". NO music there. I'll be off probably Wed- Fri. Tony Stone will take care of you guys! Smile
dagwood Wrote:I'll be off probably Wed- Fri. Tony Stone will take care of you guys! Smile

UNACCEPTABLE.
I will call and heckle this individual until you return.
Mark the Valet Wrote:
dagwood Wrote:I'll be off probably Wed- Fri. Tony Stone will take care of you guys! Smile

UNACCEPTABLE.

My thoughts exactly . . . holler if you need a backup.
DagWOOD
What's up bro!
I met you all down at the Goss Suzuki Ultimate Garage give-away down in Rivergate! Good times! Did you see that crazy long hair guy doing upside down push-ups? What a freak!

You dudes look nothing like I thought you would, always works that way!
Zigs however, he looks pretty much like I thought he would.
Cool cat though, he hung out with me and a couple other dudes for a few ten minutes.

Anyways, 102.9 rocks and I wouldn't listen to anything else.

Heath

p.s. I was the 31st person left in the Ultimate Man garage. Oh well.
Mark the Valet Wrote:

UNACCEPTABLE.

You guys leave Tony alone. He rocks! Smile