Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proud to be a Geek
While I can't claim to be a "cool" geek like El Matador, I am proud to be a D&D player, a Browncoat, space and science nut, NPR listener :o, and free thinker.

I can also say that I don't live in my parent's basement, have had sex with a real woman, and don't eat my boogs. (Suck it, Zane!)
Well I am in the same general area, I play Magic the gathering, and am an NPR listener. D&D is a little too far for me though, tried to play and after rolling dice for like the 25th time in 10 minutes i felt like slamming my head against the wall. On top of it I am firmilliar with a few different programming languages.

However I live with my wife and 2 children, I don't eat my boogs, and contrary to popular belief I have a life.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I'm a baseball geek. I play Out Of The Park Baseball (OOTP) with friends, and get all excited and tell my wife about trades I make, or players I have.
Mister Five Wrote:While I can't claim to be a "cool" geek like El Matador, I am proud to be a D&D player, a Browncoat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browncoat, space and science nut, NPR listener :o, and free thinker.

I know what a Browncoat is without looking it up.

I love Buffy.

I saw Return of the King 17 times in the theatre.
Wowie Groovie !
I'm a software designer, which is usually considered a geek by default. I still love video games and I'm a big Star Wars and LOTR fan.

I also run 4 miles a day at least 4 days a week, work out 3 times a week, and I love sports (football, baseball, and basketball mostly). I'm also married to a real woman and live in my own house.
My degree is in computer science - So I hear you on the "geek by default" tag. I also love video games, I like reading...Played EQ and currently still play WoW...No kids so we stay up drinking Mountain Dew and play PS3 all night.

I love lolcats - icanhascheezburger.com

On the flip side we don't look geeky, plus we own our home and have good jobs. The geek is on the inside hiding.
I am a beer geek and a technology geek. Unfortunately i only get paid for being one of the two, and ill give you a hint, its not the more fun one of the bunch.
I'm a geek, sure, I think, too many kinds of geeks. Build computer gaming systems, old school and new school nintendo addict. But I do leave my house and have a social life that doesn't always include something to do with "Oh look I can now buy my new HHD DVVDD BVD Player that can now play MP 48s." But just because I prefer to shoot random people few more than several hours on a computer everyday when I get the chance , that makes me a geek. I refuse to recognise PWNED as a word though. (( Take that Dirtbag Zane ))
I knew what a browncoat is, i Effing love firefly and serenity.

I program at a large corporation.

I freelance websites in my free time.

I have built 12 computers, and I am actually flying out to california to tour Frys and Newegg's warehouses. Yay.
Oh I forgot to mention, you guys have to check out the awsome new Battery powered vacume cleaner skates that also play MP3's ,everything had to play MP3's except you MP3 player which has to play MP4's becasue MP3 are a DEAD TECHNOLOGY. -Power to the geeks that can crush you shiznos
I majored in statistics in college. I'm a math geek, glasses and all.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:I majored in statistics in college. I'm a math geek, glasses and all.

Math/CS Double Major here
Derek Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:I majored in statistics in college. I'm a math geek, glasses and all.

Math/CS Double Major here

I challenge you to a calculator war!

[Image: flying-cat-fight.jpg]
That's what she said.
<<<<--------looking for some geek glasses and a pocket protector so I can fit in here.

I majored in Criminal Justice in college and minored in English.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I like sports and don't understand a word in this post:

majorcinnimonbun Wrote:Oh I forgot to mention, you guys have to check out the awsome new Battery powered vacume cleaner skates that also play MP3's ,everything had to play MP3's except you MP3 player which has to play MP4's becasue MP3 are a DEAD TECHNOLOGY. -Power to the geeks that can crush you shiznos
I appologize for grammatic errors due to a letter left out on a few words... but it was just mock to the rather needless formats of certain things, as well as techonogical devices that do one thing, and as well as do another... So if you can't gather get it the irony of htat previous post. Either one or two things need to be simply explained, or you just aren't going to get the commonly conceived geeky type person in society. I feel dead now for even choosing to post this.
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:I appologize for grammatic errors due to a letter left out on a few words... but it was just mock to the rather needless formats of certain things, as well as techonogical devices that do one thing, and as well as do another... So if you can't gather get it the irony of htat previous post. Either one or two things need to be simply explained, or you just aren't going to get the commonly conceived geeky type person in society. I feel dead now for even choosing to post this.

It was merely an attempt to show how stupid I am. No big whup.
Philly Mike Wrote:I play Magic the gathering....D&D is a little too far for me though,

Yes. Wouldn't want to appear nerdy or anything.
Eh, nah, not stupid. You just don't kno what's going on. It's common to you dirty dirty shizonos. ^^
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:Eh, nah, not stupid. You just don't kno what's going on. It's common to you dirty dirty shizonos. ^^

I feel I've been insulted. Fortunately I use my stupidity as a self-defense mechanism.
Fistor Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:I play Magic the gathering....D&D is a little too far for me though,

Yes. Wouldn't want to appear nerdy or anything.

Hey it's called proud to be a geek, posting here and admiting it is appearing nerdy to begin with, if you've ever tried D&D you would see how bad it is, it makes MTG look like competitive sport compared to it. Tongue
Fistor Wrote:
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:Eh, nah, not stupid. You just don't kno what's going on. It's common to you dirty dirty shizonos. ^^

I feel I've been insulted. Fortunately I use my stupidity as a self-defense mechanism.

Does your culture have an animal that deficates itself?
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I feel I've been insulted. Fortunately I use my stupidity as a self-defense mechanism.

Does your culture have an animal that deficates itself?

Don't.....all animals......deficate? Undecided

dammit i'm probably being insulted again. Eff.
closet geek here..If I wasn't busy trying, (repeat trying) to raise a family, I could easily be one of those people who play on-line RP games 24/7. As it is, I try to squeeze a lil' time to play my Total War or A of E games. By myself of course, I always play with myself...oops TMI....
[Image: 57367-simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg]

[drop] Oh look! Sargeant Dork! [/drop]
That's what she said.
:o I feel as though I might be one of, if not the biggest geek on the boards. Here's my proof, in no particular order.

I'm a drummer in a metal band.

I could probably drum out a general idea of a drum rhythm after hearing the song once or twice. (general idea being main beat, no fills. although, I could probably come close.)

I have both a Wii and an Xbox 360 and have beaten every game I own for both systems.

I am a huge fan of metal music. Anything from melodic metal, to extremely heavy death metal, you name it, and I'll probably like it.

I am still a huge fan of the Pokemon series of video games, and could probably list almost all 493 of them without help.

Since the beginning of this year, I've kept a log of the high and low temperature for every single day, and have yet to miss a day.

I'm extremely fascinated by space. I could stare at the stars for hours and wonder what's out there, and what it's like, etc.

I'm also fascinated by all things science. Always have been.

In total, I have 61 video games, for PC, Xbox 360, Wii, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, and Gameboy.

I'm currently in the process of building myself a gaming computer.

I know what the following abbreviations stand for, without having to look them up; NAT, GPU, CPU, RAM, HDD, BIOS, SATA, DDR SDRAM, KB, MB, GB, TB, PB, EB, ZB, and YB. I think you get my drift.

There's much more stuff, but I have to go help move a pool, so I'll probably update this later with more stuff. Let the attacking begin. haha Tongue
Kris!? Wrote::o I feel as though I might be one of, if not the biggest geek on the boards. Here's my proof, in no particular order.

I could probably drum out a general idea of a drum rhythm after hearing the song once or twice. (general idea being main beat, no fills. although, I could probably come close.)

I have both a Wii and an Xbox 360 and have beaten every game I own for both systems.

I am a Huge-a-Dumb-Ass fan of metal music. Anything from melodic metal, to extremely heavy death metal, you name it, and I'll probably like it.

I am still a Huge-a-Dumb-Ass fan of the Pokemon series of video games, and could probably list almost all 493 of them without help.

Since the beginning of this year, I've kept a log of the high and low temperature for every single day, and have yet to miss a day.

I'm extremely fascinated by space. I could stare at the stars for hours and wonder what's out there, and what it's like, etc.

In total, I have 61 video games, for PC, Xbox 360, Wii, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, and Gameboy.

I know what the following abbreviations stand for, without having to look them up; NAT, GPU, CPU, RAM, HDD, BIOS, SATA, DDR SDRAM, KB, MB, GB, TB, PB, EB, ZB, and YB. I think you get my drift.

There's much more stuff, but I have to go help move a pool, so I'll probably update this later with more stuff. Let the attacking begin. haha Tongue

no atacking from here, all you did was remind me that there is a lot of things I didn't put in.
Philly Mike Wrote:
Kris!? Wrote::o I feel as though I might be one of, if not the biggest geek on the boards. Here's my proof, in no particular order.

I am a Huge-a-Dumb-Ass-a-Dumb-Ass fan of metal music. Anything from melodic metal, to extremely heavy death metal, you name it, and I'll probably like it.

I am still a Huge-a-Dumb-Ass-a-Dumb-Ass fan of the Pokemon series of video games, and could probably list almost all 493 of them without help.

no atacking from here, all you did was remind me that there is a lot of things I didn't put in.

ha, that's awesome. 8-)
Fistor Wrote:
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:Does your culture have an animal that deficates itself?

Don't.....all animals......deficate? Undecided

dammit i'm probably being insulted again. eff.

But unless you know of a creature that deficates and then imediately always eats it's own defication... then you don't have a term for shizno... you shizno

I am a Huge-a-Dumb-Ass fan of metal music. Anything from melodic metal, to extremely heavy death metal, you name it, and I'll probably like it.

I am still a Huge-a-Dumb-Ass fan of the Pokemon series of video games, and could probably list almost all 493 of them without help.

Well if you look anything like your avatar . . .
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:

I am a Huge-a-Dumb-Ass-a-Dumb-Ass fan of metal music. Anything from melodic metal, to extremely heavy death metal, you name it, and I'll probably like it.

I am still a Huge-a-Dumb-Ass-a-Dumb-Ass fan of the Pokemon series of video games, and could probably list almost all 493 of them without help.

Well if you look anything like your avatar . . .

Sad I only wish I was that attractive... haha. Surprisingly though, I'm not a "classic" looking nerd. I look more the part of a metal head (long hair and such)
I think long hair is the new nerd thing. I had it up until last year, and know some nerds with a mop top
Philly Mike Wrote:I think long hair is the new nerd thing. I had it up until last year, and know some nerds with a mop top

Long hair has been a "nerd" thing since the mid 80's at least o.o For an opinnion of mine I really don't think long hair has been more or less popular with the geek and or nerd organization. We tend to have a non-discrimination clause when it comes to hair. It's in a beta file.... or in my Electronic Housely magazine. You get to be technicaly updated and learn about hot pants!
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:I think long hair is the new nerd thing. I had it up until last year, and know some nerds with a mop top

Long hair has been a "nerd" thing since the mid 80's at least o.o For an opinnion of mine I really don't think long hair has been more or less popular with the geek and or nerd organization. We tend to have a non-discrimination clause when it comes to hair. It's in a beta file.... or in my Electronic Housely magazine. You get to be technicaly updated and learn about hot pants!

Well, my hair is longer than long. It's 2 feet or longer. My friends say I look like a homeless hippy at times.

[Image: l_2c29f48140e7468a5cb808eac1b0e03f.jpg]
This isn't the greatest picture of me because I'm behind my drum set, but it gives you a general idea of how long my hair is.

[Image: l_512503d019de1d098a7b28a645e35245.jpg]
I have no clue what the hell I was doing. I don't even remember this picture being taken. The only reason I'm posting it is because it's apparently the most recent picture of me.

There's some pictures for those of you who were curious.

Anyway time to continue my list;

I waited for 4 hours for the midnight release of Halo 3, even though I had reserved the game several months before hand. I also reserved the Legendary Edition of Halo 3, which came with the Mjolnir Mark VI Helmet.

I'm a Huge-a-Dumb-Ass-a-Dumb-Ass-a-Dumb-Ass Legend of Zelda fan, I've beaten every game, including the very first few.

I used to play trumpet in high school band and know how to read music very well.

I call people noobs, and pronounce pwn as "own." It also drives me nuts when people pronounce pwn as "pown."

I own a shirt that says - i pwn n00bs -.

I watch many different machinimas, including Red vs Blue, Arby 'n' the Chief, Pre-Game Lobby, etc.

I also watch a web series called Pure Pwnage.

I have a custom login screen on my computer that I made, and put there myself.

I get excited when a new computer part, video game, or console gets announced, or released.

I watch coverage of the E3 expo every year, like it's a major news event.

I have a sword collection, a dragon statue collection, a custom made Deku mask from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, a lava lamp, and an electric globe.

I do science experiments for the hell of it.

I'm in the top 600 players, on xbox live, on rock band, for drums.

I have old computer parts laying all over my room.

I'm almost transparent.

haha, I think that sums it up. There's more stuff, but I can't think of it right now.
Kris!? Wrote:[Image: l_512503d019de1d098a7b28a645e35245.jpg]
I have no clue what the hell I was doing.

I do . . .using your Joe donkey teeth to try and open that Pepsi . . .it's a screw off cap. Are you blonde too?
Queenie Wrote:
Kris!? Wrote:I have no clue what the hell I was doing.

I do . . .using your Joe donkey teeth to try and open that Pepsi . . .it's a screw off cap. Are you blonde too?

haha, probably. I really don't remember. ??? maybe I was eating it...

Nope, I'm not. ;D
You like holding sticks in your hands too? Cool!

okay sorry..

I'm a multifunctioning geek too. I feel left out and should make things more geeky.

I listen to random and obscure genre's of music including Cow-Punk for example.
Play accustic guitar and actualy own Death Metal Sound tracks from games. One being one of the best FPS for the PC of 2007 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. And I don't care if it 60 bucks when the prequel to this massive adavance AI game comes out to for this title in August I'm buying it.
Freelance build computer as well as my own... I hate Vista and want to kill them becasue Halol2 is for Vista only... until I crack the software codes...
Own high-cardbon steel handmade swords. And to end massive Anime junkie who hates the sun but can actualy at least lift 200 lbs... just mentioning cause I'm not the little weak geeky nerdy kid ^^
Stop trying to oraly rape the pepsi!! What did it do to you! And don't you know pepsi has carbs! You can't have carbs!
I am a huge metal fan. And I am getting my PhD, because I like to do research. Who likes to do research?!? Geeks, that's who.
Yay research! ... But why do you want a PhD... doesn't really do much besides look fancy in my opinion?