Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maine fans
Is anyone from Maine on here? I haven't seen anyone yet Smile Does the Bone still cut off the last hour? I always listened until I realized I was missing some, so I bought the podcast and haven't listened to the station since.

Ashley
i listen in maine, but i started listening online since the reception was terrible where i work. then i figured i might as well listen to the grand rapids stream if i'm gonna do that. so i might not count.

also, if you switch to wqlz.com after the show ends, they replay the first hour.
I listen in Maine! I listen on the bone on my ride to work (45 minutes), then I listen to the rest on my computer from GRD.
Maine listener here. I listen on the Bone 104.7. I live in Springavle & listen every morning on may way to work in Portsmouth.
Since I wasn't born there, I can't call myself a Mainer, but I lived in Maine for a few years in the 90s. It's weird (for me) to be sitting in New York and hear people calling, saying they're from places like OOB, Cape Elizabeth, South Portland, Saco, etc...
i was born in skowhegan & lived in madison for 13 years. then i moved to nashville. so its cool to hear callers from maine and stuff. i miss it more than i ever thought i would. i'd move back in a minute, but to the coastal area!
I listen in portland on 106.7 the bone.

p.s. does anybody else think the bone sucks now that they play modern rock?
hotzester Wrote:Since I wasn't born there, I can't call myself a Mainer, but I lived in Maine for a few years in the 90s. It's weird (for me) to be sitting in New York and hear people calling, saying they're from places like OOB, Cape Elizabeth, South Portland, Saco, etc...

Yeah, not a real Mainer either. I was born/grew up in TX. Been here for about 11 years, though, does that count?
patfromportland Wrote:I listen in portland on 106.7 the bone.

The Bone is still in my station rotation when FB&HW isn't on. But I agree, I tend to switch it off when they play a lot of the newer stuff. It isn't that I don't like new stuff, but I just don't like some of the stuff they play...
enormousgenitals Wrote:
patfromportland Wrote:I listen in portland on 106.7 the bone.

The Bone is still in my station rotation when FB&HW isn't on. But I agree, I tend to switch it off when they play a lot of the newer stuff. It isn't that I don't like new stuff, but I just don't like some of the stuff they play...

when they start playin crap like nickelback thats when I switch to Frank.
Quote:Yeah, not a real Mainer either. I was born/grew up in TX. Been here for about 11 years, though, does that count?

Nope. I heard a story shortly after moving up there of an elderly man who moved to Maine with his family when he was like three months old. He then lived in Maine for the rest of his life, passing away at a very old age (in his 80s or 90s if I'm not mistaken)....and his friends wrote something like "Almost a Mainer" on his headstone.

I think Mainers are almost as protective as their title as Texans.
hotzester Wrote:
Quote:Yeah, not a real Mainer either. I was born/grew up in TX. Been here for about 11 years, though, does that count?

Nope. I heard a story shortly after moving up there of an elderly man who moved to Maine with his family when he was like three months old. He then lived in Maine for the rest of his life, passing away at a very old age (in his 80s or 90s if I'm not mistaken)....and his friends wrote something like "Almost a Mainer" on his headstone.

I think Mainers are almost as protective as their title as Texans.

Yeah, that's what I've been told, but then again, I still and will always consider myself a Texan.
I don't really listen to any radio anymore, I struggle to get through my FBHW podcast before I get too far behind. When there was a rumor that the Bone was going to switch to all sports, I bought my sister an ipod because I got her addicted to it too.

I wish FBHW would do a market visit though.
I listen to the bone for the first 3 hours and then listen online or I turn to the Hawk out of NH. I work and live on the border of the two states so it depends on where I am on which station comes in. I hate that the Bone cuts out from 9-10 am, its a bummer!
hotzester Wrote:I think Mainers are almost as protective as their title as Texans.

there's a range. i like living here, it's cool. but i don't call myself a "mainer," i just happen to live here.

ashleykme Wrote:I wish FBHW would do a market visit though.

i can remember someone reading a portland-listener letter on the air... and it was either zane or hotwings that mentioned on the air they wanted to get over here. it has come up, positively, but it was a pretty isolated incident.
You are not a true Mainer unless You were born in Maine AND your parents were born in Maine!!
what was with the whole thing about the bone switching formats last year? What were they going to switch to? Also, I heard they are only bqack for another year, is this true?
There was a rumor, it was even in the newspaper, that they were going to change to an all-sports format and get rid of FBHW. They weren't sure they were going to be back after the Christmas break, but something happened and they decided to keep i the way it was. I'm not sure of the whole story, but I e-mailed them and I'm sure many others did also. We should all call and e-mail them about getting the last hour of the show.
Does anybody know how the FBHW show does in ratings against shows like the captain and celest, tim and eva, opie and anthony, the morning show on the Q97.9(I forget the name), or other shows in maine?
I am from Maine, and listen for about an hour each day. I'm very happy they didn't replace FB&HW with sports talk !
patfromportland Wrote:Does anybody know how the FBHW show does in ratings against shows like the captain and celest, tim and eva, opie and anthony, the morning show on the Q97.9(I forget the name), or other shows in maine?

I wouldn't even know where to find information like this in Maine. The next best morning show in state is Tom-O and Mister Mike imo.
All I could find is ratings for Fall 07, and only the full-day's rating for the station. (6 a.m. - midnight) WHXR (The Bone) is 14th. I'm willing to bet that the ratings for the morning are different though, I bet the Bone jumps way up higher. Here are the ratings:

http://www.radio-info.com/content/arbitr...market=167
In case you guys haven't noticed....Maine was annexed to Croatia 2 weeks ago. You will now refer to this as the Croatia fans thread.
Will our taxes be lower?
No. Your taxes are going to be higher. You're also going to have to start going topless from now on, but only if you're female. And you're going to need to take lots of pictures too. Not just regular "topless" pictures either. It's a new kind of topless. If you're confused, send me some samples and I'll approve the appropriate ones.
Boy that's going to suck in the winter!
If the "Bone" left i'm sure "The Blimp" could be convinced to bring FBHW on board. Jezz have you ever listened to captain and celeste? Sucks! Well Celeste could be useful :-* but thats it. I've never been to sure that nassau broadcasting really cares, radio must=money... thats all that matters.
almostmainer Wrote:If the "Bone" left i'm sure "The Blimp" could be convinced to bring FBHW on board. Jezz have you ever listened to captain and celeste? Sucks! Well Celeste could be useful :-* but thats it. I've never been to sure that nassau broadcasting really cares, radio must=money... thats all that matters.

I dont think they would replace them, even though they do suck, but the captain has been there forever.

I bet Frank or WCYY would pick them up.
I'm in NH, so at work we listen to FB&HW on the hawk then switch to the mill when it's over 'cause hawk started throwing in garbage like Nickelback.
Hondo Wrote:I'm in NH, so at work we listen to FB&HW on the hawk then switch to the mill when it's over 'cause hawk started throwing in garbage like Nickelback.

I was in NH for a couple of days and listened to the hawk, and it seems to me that the hawk and the bone are the same thing just with a different name and different DJ's.
patfromportland Wrote:I was in NH for a couple of days and listened to the hawk, and it seems to me that the hawk and the bone are the same thing just with a different name and different DJ's.

Yeah, but the Hawk used to be great. One of their plugs said "why wait through songs you don't know or like just to hear a classic?" now they make you do just that. And you used to be able to go days without hearing the same song twice (with the exception of a few), now it seems I hear I'm a loser by Beck or some nickelback song every hour, even though they still claim they have no repeats all day.

The mill's great though, I just can't always get it since it's down in Manchester.
So do you guys in Maine eat lobster like every day?

Because that's what I would do.
I would if I had $10 something a pound to pay for it. We may have some for my mother's birthday though, I love lobster. I used to flip around to all the Maine morning shows, but after FBHW, nothing else is even close
ashleykme Wrote:I would if I had $10 something a pound to pay for it. We may have some for my mother's birthday though, I love lobster. I used to flip around to all the Maine morning shows, but after FBHW, nothing else is even close

Same thing with me. After you listen to FBHW everything else sounds terrible.
The one thing that sucks about the Bone is that they have the shittiest signal around. I commute to Portland every day from Lisbon, and the signal fades from the time I reach 295 almost until I reach Freeport. It's pretty sad when you're getting stepped on by a station in Boston, rather pick up a signal less than 40 miles away. Sometimes, the signal out of Kennebunk is better then that coming out of Portland. It frustrates the hell out of me that I have to switch every so often form one freq. to another. That, and they cut off the last hour.

Oh, and the rumor that they'd turn WHXB into an all sports format, that's kinda retarded, cause 95.5 has that covered like a fat kid on a jelly donut.
PorAgent Wrote:The one thing that sucks about the Bone is that they have the shittiest signal around. I commute to Portland every day from Lisbon, and the signal fades from the time I reach 295 almost until I reach Freeport.

Ha same here 8-) Lisbon to Buxton. Untill you get to gray the signal can be in and out.
Doesn't BLM have the same dj's that they had like 20 years ago?
Also the same from Raymond to Conway, NH. There was one spot in Fryeburg I lost it. If I timed it right, it would end up during a commercial, but the podcast was the best thing I could have gotten