Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last At Bats
I think Free Beer is screwing up the last at bats rule.

Let's assume Zane chooses to go second.

L = Listener, Z = Zane

1: L -> Z
2: Z -> L
3: L -> Z
4: Z -> L
5: L -> Z
6: Z -> L
7: L -> Z
8: Z -> L

So, in round 8, if Zane wins with the first question in round 8, he'll have been given more questions than the listener.

Thoughts?
elegor Wrote:Thoughts?

I have a thought and that thought is that math isn't your strong point.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
doesn't it go

1 L-Z
2 L-Z
3 L-Z
4 L-Z
5 L-Z
6 L-Z
7 L-Z
8 L-Z

it's like basball dummy...hence the use of the term 'bat' they don't actually swing a bat around during DTZ
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I disagree, and thank you for answering like a dick rather than proving I'm wrong with analysis.

At the end of every round, Zane and the listener will have had the same number of questions, what differs is who goes first. Again, assuming Zane has elected to go second, in odd-numbered rounds, the listener will go first, in even numbered rounds, Zane goes first.

So, if you look at total accumulated questions in the "top" and "bottom" half of the round, it goes like this:

Top1: L1, Z0
Bot1: L1, Z1
Top2: L1, Z2
Bot2: L2, Z2

You'll notice that after the top of the second, Zane has had one more question. If Free Beer applies the "Zane gets last at bats" principal, Zane could win by having one more question than the listener in even-numbered rounds.

I would ask for thoughts again, but I'll be insulted. So now, I'll ask for reasoned arguments about what I'm missing.
Never mind, you're right... I was getting confused with steals and whatever...
elegor Wrote:I disagree, and thank you for answering like a dick rather than proving I'm wrong with analysis.

Sorry. I should have used a smiley.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
??? I was wondering how the stealing a question would factor into the number of questions.
Look at this for instance:

LI - CORRECT ZANE-MISS
LI - CORRECT GETS NEXT L1 - CORRECT ZANE CORRECT

SCORE 3 TO 1 The listener got 1 more question seemingly but it's a steal of Zanes miss so still they got 4 questions each and assuming this was two question match, it would be over with Listener winning. So this would demonstrate how you would think that one person gets more questions but they really don't.

How F'ing amazing is that? Yea, I had to work that in somewhere.

Oh, and I am PhanTom and that's what I think. 8-)
elegor Wrote:Never mind, you're right... I was getting confused with steals and whatever...

ahhh ha ha ha

'Yeah Eat it' (in my best Zane voice)

sorry i had to ;D
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"