Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Razor . . or not?
Ok they were talking on the show this morning, after the Norelco DTZ question, about whether to use an electric razor or not.

Zane said he doesn't like to use a regular razor because it gets too close and causes ingrown hairs (gross Zane . . .like we freakin need to know that).

How about you? Personally, I use a regular razor. My husband normally uses an electric one, but I love it when he uses a regular one instead. It just gets so much closer and is so smoooooth!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I was joking when I said you should thread this....
jus' P Wrote:I was joking when I said you should thread this....

I don't think it's a bad thread. Hey I got to diss on Zane!
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I use a rotary electric which does an OK job. The electrics with those crazy vibrating blades protected by a screen irritate the hell out of my skin. I agree regular razors leave a smoother final product, but the electric is quicker - no lubing up, rinsing, or band-aids needed.
dasbow Wrote:I use a rotary electric which does an OK job. The electrics with those crazy vibrating blades protected by a screen irritate the hell out of my skin. I agree regular razors leave a smoother final product, but the electric is quicker - no lubing up, rinsing, or band-aids needed.

My dad used to use a caustic <sp> stick. So I tried it one day . . . oh my God, I thought I was gonna die.
It's usually electric for me. Just so much faster and easier. When I've got an important event, I'll use the regular razor.
I use a regular razor...electrics just don't get close enough.
My husband just bought the old straight razor (not like the movies to slit someones throught but the ones that screw in the top) a month or so ago. It had amazing reviews and a friend of his uses one. He likes it a lot, it doesn't irritate his skin at all, plus a 10 pack of razors is like $3 which beats $20 for four Fusion ones that he was using.
desiree Wrote:My husband just bought the old straight razor (not like the movies to slit someones throught but the ones that screw in the top) a month or so ago. It had amazing reviews and a friend of his uses one. He likes it a lot, it doesn't irritate his skin at all, plus a 10 pack of razors is like $3 which beats $20 for four Fusion ones that he was using.

You just make sure you know where that razor is at all times . . . sounds dangerous to me. Oh, and hey, don't piss him off. Wink
I only use the electric on my butt...What? TMI? my bag! (yes ,I know it's bad)
I shave with a woman's razor and I highly recommend it for anybody with a thick beard.
jus' P Wrote:I only use the electric on my butt...What? TMI? my bag! (yes ,I know it's bad)

More of that useful information . . .
I have yet to find an electric razor that does anything to my massively manly facial hair. Even with a regular blade, if i want to look clean shaven i would have to shave 3 times a day.
I usually use a regular razor, but have an electric one for quick touch ups. I like the regular one better, since the electric doesn't really get close enough.

I wish I could get my husband to use any kind of razor! The scraggly mountain man look gets old after awhile. He hates to shave, but will do it under duress if we are going somewhere that we have to dress up, like a wedding.
I like to use one of those types of electric shavers they use for sideburns and such for everything. I shave my head and can hardly be bothered to use a normal razor which also tends to give me razor burn no matter what. I couldn't ever see myself shaving daily with a regular razor, and even then I'd have a constant 5 o'clock shadow.
I'm a man ! I shave with broken glass, and blood as my lubricant !
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:I'm a man ! I shave with broken glass, and blood as my lubricant !
You need lubricant? Pansy.
Electric razor, my beard is really really thin...not much hair...so i only use the sideburn trimmer on my Gooch

on ocassion when my buddies are over and are in a pickle i'll let them use the trimmer though...on their face bua ha ha ha
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"