Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golf, Anybody?
This will mainly apply to the West Michigan folks, but others can chime in if they might have useful things to add.

Where are your favorite places to golf in West Michigan?
I've only been able to play there this past year because I know someone that works there but Egypt Valley is awesome.
I know someone else that works at Quail Ridge and I really like playing there.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Don't really get out as much as I'd like to....I am going out this weekend for a family Open. Don't have a favorite, but I AM sore from swinging my clubs for the first time this year. Eh...oh well. Funny this started, because I was thinking about a thread like this just last night.
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
I don't get to play much anymore, but my favorite courses were in Conroe, TX and Sandestin, FL. The only green time I see is on the Golf Channel or at the putt-putt.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I got to play Pilgrim's Run for the first time, earlier this year. Shot a 93, which for being my first time on the course and only second time out of the season, I was happy with. Hopefully I'll get out there again this summer.

The day before my wedding my best man and I played Thornapple Pointe, another first for me. I was hitting like crap, couldn't really put anything together, and still managed a 94, so I guess I can't complain. Anything under 100 for 18 holes on a good course is fine by me.

Boulder Creek is another West Michigan course I enjoy- the front nine is great, the back nine is decent. Diamond Springs, in Allegan, is a bit of a drive, but for the price, is a great place. Might have to go play some ghetto golf at Indian Trails sometime soon, too.
potthole Wrote:Boulder Creek is another West Michigan course I enjoy- the front nine is great, the back nine is decent. Diamond Springs, in Allegan, is a bit of a drive, but for the price, is a great place. Might have to go play some ghetto golf at Indian Trails sometime soon, too.

My girlfriend just played Boulder Creek on Monday. She said it was really nice.
I used to live just down the road from Indian Trails. People watchin' there is pretty fun.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
I love how the traps at Indian Trails seem to be filled with sandbox sand. Or wait, should I say, "trap."
That's where I'm playing Sat. I hate it....and I inevitably hit one over, or onto 28th st. Unfortunately the old aunts and uncles still plan that part of the open. Eh, guess I can't complain....my dad pays my entry, and I get to laugh my ass off with my crazy family all day.
vsangelchick Wrote:That's where I'm playing Sat. I hate it....and I inevitably hit one over, or onto 28th st. Unfortunately the old aunts and uncles still plan that part of the open. Eh, guess I can't complain....my dad pays my entry, and I get to laugh my ass off with my crazy family all day.

With your family or AT your family?? Wink
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Both...it's really quite amusing....wish I had a video camera to tape it.
Someone needs to meet me at Lake Cora Golf course, i hate going by myself :-[

http://www.golflink.com/Golf-Courses/cou...rse=543345
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Diamond Springs is in Hamilton and it's nice. Also The Ravines in Saugatuck. Grand Valley The Meadows isn't too bad either.
Crap, that's right about Diamond Springs. You'd figure after playing there for an entire summer I'd have gotten the location right.

I've played the front nine of The Meadows, back a few years ago. Really liked it. Sometime this summer I'll get out there for a full 18.
vsangelchick Wrote:Both...it's really quite amusing....wish I had a video camera to tape it.

Use your phone camera . . . come on vsanglechick . . you know we are worthy.
The awards at the end are the best part, and the 50/50 raffle and giveaways. Although, depending on who I golf with....the rounds themselves are a blast as well. I'll see what I can get.
For all you West Michigan people, I played at a few nice places. The Pines was pretty cool but probably the best course I played out here in Michigan is the course that Ferris State plays on. I played with my father in law at an amputee scramble...awesome place !

As far as the east coast, my buddy runs the golf course by Ocean City, New Jersey. I believe it's called Shore Gate. Check it out - from what I see...starting off a par 4 that's like 500 yds is truly insane!
drdirtybandage Wrote:For all you West Michigan people, I played at a few nice places. The Pines was pretty cool but probably the best course I played out here in Michigan is the course that Ferris State plays on. I played with my father in law at an amputee scramble...awesome place !

As far as the east coast, my buddy runs the golf course by Ocean City, New Jersey. I believe it's called Shore Gate. Check it out - from what I see...starting off a par 4 that's like 500 yds is truly insane!

The course at ferris was called Katke and as I remember, it was pretty nice. Ferris has a Pro Golf Management major and they keep it in pretty good shape. They had a short 3 hole practice course that I'd play after hitting a bucket of balls.
Quote of the Day:
vsangelchick Wrote:The awards at the end are the best part, and the 50/50 raffle and giveaways. Although, depending on who I golf with....the rounds themselves are a blast as well. I'll see what I can get.

So . . . how did it go. We had quite a bit of "family time" this weekend. I wished I had taken a camera . . . some really funny shit went down!!
well...I golfed like shit....but we laughed the whole way. My mom's cousin, a lawyer in town was telling dirty jokes throughout the round. Of course, my cousin decided to wear a pseudo-leisure suit....which was lost piece by piece as we went along (he wore shorts and a t-shirt under it). The mullets were out in force, and unfortunately they didn't have the beer cart out for us.....so it didn't get TOO crazy. I did sink a 45 foot putt towards the end though....which was sweet.
vsangelchick Wrote:The mullets were out in force . . . I did sink a 45 foot putt towards the end though....which was sweet.

Mullets . . . you know somebody who still has a mullet??

Kudos on your putt!!
I do...and they're related....scary....
I'll see at least one person a day with a mullet while I'm at work. People watching out the windows can turn up some interesting characters.
I just played wuskowhan this weekend, which was absolutely beautiful. It's a players club owned by the dutch mafia, and has really limited play for a private track.

Public courses my fav it Thousand oaks. Unfortunately, i'm stuck playing the shit tracks like Glen Eagle or Wallinwood Springs most of the time.
Glen Eagle isn't too bad for a condo course. From what I remember, they've got some very nice greens.