Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
atheist how many here ?
Also, everyone has too remember here that the bible is an ancient book written by people every bit as intellegent and crafty and emotional as we are today trying too make sense of their world just as we are. All they had too work with was conjector as fact. I don't belive they set out to lie to people, but obvously they were not working with all the facts in hand. Neither do we, but we have 2000 plus years of observation and science and dinosaur bones and space exploration that say if God really does exist, He has hidden himself really, really, well.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:I don't belive they set out to lie to people, but obvously they were not working with all the facts in hand.

I think it is a combination of both. They probably came up with some general stuff, then the smarter guys said "Hey people are believing this 100%, we can put anything we want in here and people will obey".

I'm sure some of it is allegory, some of it was perceived as fact when it was written, and some was word smithed in there to help control people.
Ibelieve that there is no "god", and plus the bible is ancient. Thing arent the same. Yes, I had read some of the bible and back then even there words are different meaning. The bible was mostly lost in translation and a cooked up fairy tale as believable as jack and the bean stalk. The whole idea of christianity is a false hope sort of thing. I will not waste my time for a guy to take me away from this world because honestly "heaven" can't be any better than earth. I have gone to church and even studied the good book but, still I dont believe until I get proof of something greater.
Well the deal is quite simple, you either believe in God and Jesus Christ the lord and savior, or you can not believe n then be sent to Hell because of your owns sins that weren't forgiven due to the lack of acceptance of the forgivness given freely to you.

And yes that is a fair deal, say whatever you want, doesn't matter.
shaggytheclown17 Wrote:Well the deal is quite simple, you either believe in God and Jesus Christ the lord and savior, or you can not believe n then be sent to Hell because of your owns sins that weren't forgiven due to the lack of acceptance of the forgivness given freely to you.

And yes that is a fair deal, say whatever you want, doesn't matter.

Shaggy sorry dude you suck. You need to go hang out with 8ball"quarter"pocket. Thanks for judging us wanton and sending us all to hell you illiterate SOB.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
see its people like shaggyclown that are giving us Christians a bad rap. It's not our place to judge (it's GOD's). It's our purpose to show love and compassion and what being Christ-like is all about. Hospitality, love, and compassion are what we are supposed to show the world and with places like WBC, it's making us look bad. I'm just sick of people who call themselves Christians, but judge and condemn everyone who dosen't believe. Don't get me wrong, I would love to try and convert every person I see. But telling everyone they are going to hell if they don't repent is not the way to do it. Just my thoughts
kaboobie92 Wrote:see its people like shaggyclown that are giving us Christians a bad rap. It's not our place to judge (it's GOD's). It's our purpose to show love and compassion and what being Christ-like is all about. Hospitality, love, and compassion are what we are supposed to show the world and with places like WBC, it's making us look bad. I'm just sick of people who call themselves Christians, but judge and condemn everyone who dosen't believe. Don't get me wrong, I would love to try and convert every person I see. But telling everyone they are going to hell if they don't repent is not the way to do it. Just my thoughts

I will agree with you on that for the most part (only from the opposite side of the fence), but i can sum that all up in two sentences:

It doesn't matter what you do or do not believe in, some people are just self-righteous douche bags. It doesn't matter if you are PETA trying to get people to stop eating meat, or if you are in the WBC trying to get people to....(im still not sure their angle is other than general asshattery), a douchebag is a douchebag.
Everything they're talking about right now, they SHOULD be applying to their belief in God. The main reason that they can believe in God and not in Bigfoot is because they were raised to believe in God, they were not raised to believe in Bigfoot. Childhood indoctrination is a powerful thing...
[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/TZfocZ_LDQc&hl=en[/flash]
The funniest thing about that video is the Scientology advertisement to the right of it.
Dane cook is such an unfunny douche, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/5C2_TLoLB0Y&hl=en[/flash]
Relax guy, u dont have to try and start a youtube religious comedy montage battle, im sure some people like different comedians. thats not supernatural, especially when i waited for 7:30 to laugh in that video.
I'm plenty relaxed, I just thought the comedy that I posted was a lot funnier and smarter.
Sorry you had to wait until 7:30 to laugh, but I didn't get a laugh at all out of the Dane video, so we'll call it even.
lovegrenade Wrote:I'm plenty relaxed, I just thought the comedy that I posted was a lot funnier and smarter.
Sorry you had to wait until 7:30 to laugh, but I didn't get a laugh at all out of the Dane video, so we'll call it even.

Dane Cook sucks. He got where he is 'cause he's a pretty boy. All is material is lifted from others. He's a white Mencia.
jus' P Wrote:
lovegrenade Wrote:I'm plenty relaxed, I just thought the comedy that I posted was a lot funnier and smarter.

Dane Cook sucks. He got where he is 'cause he's a pretty boy. All is material is lifted from others. He's a white Mencia.

I couldn't agree more. I started watching one of his shows and turn it after 5 minutes. That was all I could take.
"I'm funny beCAUSE I GET REALLY LOUD!!!!!!!" - Dane Cook
lovegrenade Wrote:"I'm funny beCAUSE I GET REALLY LOUD!!!!!!!" - Dane Cook

More like "Im funny because i take a good comedians jokes, like Louis C.K., make them unnecessarily complicated using words i dont particularly seem to understand, and then strip the funny out of them" - Dane Cook
Louis C.K. is awesome.
it wasnt so much that im trying to pull for dane cook, hes not my favorite comedian by any means, i just remembered he had a joke on atheism. i agree he is more of a performer than comedian, a white mencia is actually right on. would def rather go with carlin, hedberg, or seinfeld any day.
I'm a Christian and very conservative.
lokizilla Wrote:I'm a Christian and very conservative.

I'm sorry, but that just sounds like a statement at an addiction support meeting. ;D ;D

Hi my name is Joe. I'm a Christian and very conservative.
HI JOE!!!
airhornahole Wrote:

I'm sorry, but that just sounds like a statement at an addiction support meeting. ;D ;D

Hi my name is Joe. I'm a Christian and very conservative.
HI JOE!!!

Got to say that made me laugh so hard when I read it. Oh yeah, also very blunt and to the point...say no more than the point needs to get across...isn't that the way of those meetings lol.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...7743189197

Its a long video but if people would take the time to watch it it may open a few eyes. Organized religions are about power, control, and often $$$. If you want to individually express your spirituality and faith in something in your own private way, that's great, it probably will fill a void and may inspire you to a better life. If people with similar feelings get together as a community to worship or whatever, that's fine too, but its not for everybody and doesn't put you up on a higher level than say, atheists, or any other religion. Faith is personal, trying to argue with or convert others is not virtuous.

I think true atheists are more open than most people think, they basically do not believe in something for which there is no proof. They are not the same as satan worshippers, etc. not that I have anything against that either, I don't believe in god and thus I don't believe in satan either, personally. Atheists believe that humans can be innately moral without religious affiliation.

I actually think if you are moral because you just THINK IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO BE, is more commendable than doing it because you think it will get you into heaven or get you a zillion pretty virgins when you die, or what have you.

I was raised catholic- had to go to the classes until high school, did the whole baptism/confession/communion/comfirmation thing and by the time I was 10 or 11 it sickened me. My strongest feelings about god at that time was anger- that if he existed, he certainly didn't give a damn about all the suffering. And the whole afterlife promise does not make everything gravy in my eyes.

When you die your body rots and is absorbed by the earth. Does anything else survive, a soul? I'd LOVE to believe that, I don't want to just end and go black when I die, but I personally can't create some crazy scheme with no proof just to make myself feel better.

Oh, and I'm pretty "conservative" so I guess that makes me somewhat of a paradox in many eyes.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
As an atheist i hate the Zeitgeist movie personally. It is a bit alarmist and does stink of "conspiracy theory" quite a bit. Even though i agree with at least the very first part of the film, i can't in good conscience recommend that anybody watch it.
providencecrow Wrote:As an atheist i hate the Zeitgeist movie personally. It is a bit alarmist and does stink of "conspiracy theory" quite a bit. Even though i agree with at least the very first part of the film, i can't in good conscience recommend that anybody watch it.

In general I actually agree with you, I think a chunk of it's very useful though in showing how each religious sect who thinks they have it right and came up with it first are all pretty similar though
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.

I understand that you are answering the question so this is not directed at you personally, but all too often I hear the words, "I am a Christian" or "He's a good Christian Man." Every time I hear these wretched statements my judgmental side rears it's ugly head. Most of the people that are referred to as "Good Christian (men or women)" are usually some of the biggest douchebags to ever walk the earth (see George W. Bush). Those that feel the need to start a conversation with "I am a Christian" usally are morons as well.

I attended a "Christian" college and after that experience, you can keep the CRC bullsheet that goes on there and in the rest of the typical CRC's. I have never seen a bigger bunch of hypocrites and brainwashed a-holes than I did there. Talk about sheeple following blindly. I realize it's called faith for a reason, but there comes a time when common sense should step in. If that doesn't happen, natural selection should step in and cure the situation, but all to often those people keep walking around saying dumb things like "I am a Christian" or talking about what a "good Christian" some douchebag they know is.

I am not an atheist, I am not a christian, I am a human being and will define my own existence by my actions, not by a label of whether or not I believe that some long haired hippy died for my sins.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"