Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be President?
please do, i enjoy you treating me like I know nothing. I'm sure you have so much experience, you should probabally run for president.
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:do they have a corrupt and extorted welfare system?...I really don't know

They have ZERO homeless, and their doctors are paid on performance so the better the doctor the more he or she makes.
I wish we had universal coverage... I hate how what really runs the US is big business... We no longer live in a democracy...
boizalynne Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:They have ZERO homeless, and their doctors are paid on performance so the better the doctor the more he or she makes.
I wish we had universal coverage... I hate how what really runs the US is big business... We no longer live in a democracy...

I don't want universal coverage I want to be able to decide what coverage i want and pay for it myself. i also don't want to have to pay for someone elses coverage. I'm already paying for illegal's babies, I'm already paying for woman on welfare to go to the ER cause they're sick only to find out they're pregnant with their 5th baby at 17. I'm already sick of all this shit.

I'm ready for a effing change and health care isn't the key. Parties is the key people need to shut up and vote for who they really want not the 'lesser a-hole/idiot/evil'

[/rant]
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Universal coverage would be a lot less expensive in the long run, even if you are spending a little cash on others. And I don
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
[quote="wienerpoopie"]Universal coverage would be a lot less expensive in the long run, even if you are spending a little cash on others. And I don
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I don
[quote="wienerpoopie"]I don
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
boizalynne Wrote:I wish we had universal coverage... I hate how what really runs the US is big business... We no longer live in a democracy...

I don't want universal coverage I want to be able to decide what coverage i want and pay for it myself. i also don't want to have to pay for someone elses coverage. I'm already paying for illegal's babies, I'm already paying for woman on welfare to go to the ER cause they're sick only to find out they're pregnant with their 5th baby at 17. I'm already sick of all this shit.

I'm ready for a effing change and health care isn't the key. Parties is the key people need to shut up and vote for who they really want not the 'lesser a-hole/idiot/evil'

[/rant]

You will still be able to choose your coverage and pay for it.
kaboobie92 Wrote:please do, i enjoy you treating me like I know nothing. I'm sure you have so much experience, you should probabally run for president.

I do have a lot of experience and education based on politics. Thanks! Wink

We'll see when I'm old enough.
kaboobie92 Wrote:please do, i enjoy you treating me like I know nothing. I'm sure you have so much experience, you should probabally run for president.

Read ratrad's article, please. Tell us what you think. He's posted it twice now, for your benefit. Least you could do is give him the time of day and read it. Nowhere in there does it say Obama plans on taxing every American 50%. If that were truly his platform, he wouldn't still be a presidential nominee.
im not trying to degrade you or anything, i respect your opinion.. i just have different ones
kaboobie92 Wrote:im not trying to degrade you or anything, i respect your opinion.. i just have different ones

AKA
kaboobie92 Wrote:im not trying to degrade you or anything, i respect your opinion.. i just have different ones

Dude. We're cool. Just messin with ya. 8-)
wienerpoopie Wrote:

AKA
[quote="kaboobie92"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]

AKA
wienerpoopie Wrote:

AKA
Fistor Wrote:
kaboobie92 Wrote:if you notice, fistor and I posted at the same time.. thats why I didnt respond to him

Okay. Would now be a good time for you to go ahead and read that article?

Don't hold your breath.
i read the article. While it is probabally from a biased source (as most are), I can see what you are saying. However, I think its unfair that the top income earner's after tax income decreases almost 20%? So now we are going to penalize the richest people in the nation? I would say thats a good motive for them to move out of the country. The richest people buy the most goods, which supports the economy. Granted, I believe the poor and middle class should get tax cuts, but tax cuts across the board. Instead of increasing government income taxes, kill some useless government programs to try to eliminate some of the wasteful spending. I dont doubt that what you are saying is true, but I think it's unfair to put that much of the tax burden on the wealthy.

By cutting taxes, people will spend more. When people spend more it stimulates the economy and brings in business. This creates jobs, but also creates government revenue from the companies and on sales tax etc.
kaboobie92 Wrote:By cutting taxes, people will spend more. When people spend more it stimulates the economy and brings in business. This creates jobs, but also creates government revenue from the companies and on sales tax etc.

And how is that working out.
kaboobie92 Wrote:i read the article. While it is probabally from a biased source (as most are), I can see what you are saying. However, I think its unfair that the top income earner's after tax income decreases almost 20%? So now we are going to penalize the richest people in the nation? I would say thats a good motive for them to move out of the country. The richest people buy the most goods, which supports the economy. Granted, I believe the poor and middle class should get tax cuts, but tax cuts across the board. Instead of increasing government income taxes, kill some useless government programs to try to eliminate some of the wasteful spending. I dont doubt that what you are saying is true, but I think it's unfair to put that much of the tax burden on the wealthy.

By cutting taxes, people will spend more. When people spend more it stimulates the economy and brings in business. This creates jobs, but also creates government revenue from the companies and on sales tax etc.

Do you believe that the percentage of tax is the same for everyone across the board right now, no matter what class they are in? Because that would be wrong. The rich are right now enjoying a nice big tax break, courtesy of Dubya. If you're saying we should all be taxed fairly, I agree.

You are absolutely wrong to believe Obama's plan is to saddle only the rich with the bulk of the tax burden.

Also, I'd love to see some statistics to back up your repeated statement: the rich buy most of the goods. Because that's also lunacy.
Fistor Wrote:
kaboobie92 Wrote:i read the article. While it is probabally from a biased source (as most are), I can see what you are saying. However, I think its unfair that the top income earner's after tax income decreases almost 20%? So now we are going to penalize the richest people in the nation? I would say thats a good motive for them to move out of the country. The richest people buy the most goods, which supports the economy. Granted, I believe the poor and middle class should get tax cuts, but tax cuts across the board. Instead of increasing government income taxes, kill some useless government programs to try to eliminate some of the wasteful spending. I dont doubt that what you are saying is true, but I think it's unfair to put that much of the tax burden on the wealthy.

Do you believe that the percentage of tax is the same for everyone across the board right now, no matter what class they are in? Because that would be wrong. The rich are right now enjoying a nice big tax break, courtesy of Dubya. If you're saying we should all be taxed fairly, I agree.

You are absolutely wrong to believe Obama's plan is to saddle only the rich with the bulk of the tax burden.

Also, I'd love to see some statistics to back up your repeated statement: the rich buy most of the goods. Because that's also lunacy.

Most rich people are pretty stingy. Probably why they are rich.
ratrad Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Do you believe that the percentage of tax is the same for everyone across the board right now, no matter what class they are in? Because that would be wrong. The rich are right now enjoying a nice big tax break, courtesy of Dubya. If you're saying we should all be taxed fairly, I agree.

Most rich people are pretty stingy. Probably why they are rich.

And the vast majority of consumers are middle class.
Fistor Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:Most rich people are pretty stingy. Probably why they are rich.

And the vast majority of consumers are middle class.

Really, he doesn't want the super rich to have to pay more taxes, because that is mom and dad.
I have a bad feeling that if O'Sama Bin Bama wins he's going to be shot. That's bad I know, but there's a lot of hatred still left out there and I'm not sure if America (especially here in the south) is ready for that much history just yet. I'm not racist, I could give a shit less, but I sure know some that are and there's plenty that are even more crazy than them...

Just throwing that out there.
Bo Nerdasuck Wrote:there's a lot of hatred still left out there

Bo Nerdasuck Wrote:O'Sama Bin Bama

No shit?
haha
Yeah, that's just because I'm not big on politics, and to be honest I simply think his name is funny.
Wouldn't it be funny if Osama did win and at the inauguration he did one of those Scooby Doo-ish demaskings and it was Bin Lauden?? Ok...maybe just I would laugh. Hangovers suck and I want to go home.
ratrad Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:And the vast majority of consumers are middle class.

Really, he doesn't want the super rich to have to pay more taxes, because that is mom and dad.

Sorry, but my parents definately don't make over 2.5 million a year (top 0.1%) a few hundred k maybe... and all i'm saying is that everyone should be taxed fairly.. a consistent percentage of your income across the board. No heavy taxcuts for the rich, and no heavy tax cuts for the the poor/middle class
kaboobie92 Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:Really, he doesn't want the super rich to have to pay more taxes, because that is mom and dad.

Sorry, but my parents definately don't make over 2.5 million a year (top 0.1%) a few hundred k maybe... and all i'm saying is that everyone should be taxed fairly.. a consistent percentage of your income across the board. No heavy taxcuts for the rich, and no heavy tax cuts for the the poor/middle class

You seriously believe a widowed mother of three making $25,000 a year needs to be taxed the same as a single man making 2 million a year?
Fistor Wrote:
Bo Nerdasuck Wrote:there's a lot of hatred still left out there

Bo Nerdasuck Wrote:O'Sama Bin Bama

No shit?

I prefer 'Osama Yomama'
universal healthcare doesn't work. To coverup the cost, you are taxed in other areas. There is a town in northern Canada, where they hold a lottery to see who gets to see the doctor that week. With my disease, I would hate to be on a lottery system. I would probably be in a wheelchair before my name would be called. I would rather keep working as long as I can to support myself and my daughter. I want the choice of which health plan works for me.
You can come up with negative anecdotes about any health care system. That movie SiCKO is full of them. What about the guy who had to choose which finger to save because he couldn't afford the $30,000 it would have cost to save both? What about the woman who's husband died while fighting her insurance company because they didn't want to pay for the treatment he needed? What about the insurance companies who pay their claims people bonuses for denying coverage?

So you're either waiting to see a free doctor or you're waiting for your insurance company to find excuses to deny the coverage it agreed to give you. Neither system sounds all that great to me.

Statistically, Universal healthcare does work. If it didn't work, why does every industrialized nation except us do it? Why is it as non-controversial as the post office? The fact is, we have the money to do it. We just spend it all on the millitary so we can go kill brown people across the world.

The military is one of the most bloated, wasteful government budget expenditures there is. The money we pour into our army doesn't go to troops, it doesn't go to equipment, no it goes to pay overpriced contractor mercenaries like Blackwater. These contractors represent the United States but have absolutely no oversight and no regulation. The vast majority of those atrocities being committed in Iraq are being done by Blackwater and people like them. ANY private army in the United States is unacceptable. Corporate armies fight for corporate interests, not the people. Their loyalty is not to country, but the dollar. Blackwater has repeatedly attacked US soldiers in Iraq. They should have been classified as enemy combatants and thrown into Guantanamo months ago. But old Eric Prince is in big with the Republicans, so justice isn't done.
Admin Wrote:You don't want me for President. I'd do things that go against the common will of politicians such as:

Build all the prisons and jails along the Mexican and Canadian Borders to keep immigration in line.

I'd create Social Security accounts where the money is invested at the investor's will rather than being rifled through for politician's pet projects.

I'd scrap the current tax code and enact the Fair Tax.

I'd also eliminate the lifers on the government teat. You get welfare for 6 months. After that work or don't eat.

Lifetime benefits for one term politicians would go the way of the dinosaurs.

NPR and PBS can find their own monetary support.

That's right, finding a job is always SOOOO easy. People that don't have jobs, well, they're just lazy and don't want to work.

Bullshit.

Unemployment in Michigan runs out after six months. I actually was unemployed for six months at one time. Tried and tried to find a job, any job, but it didn't happen. All the jobs out there I was either underqualified or overqualified for. Unemployment ran out and thankfully I got called back from my lay-off.

Contrary to the belief of you poor-hating conservative jackholes, being on unemployment is NOT fun. It SUCKS, and it's even worse when day in and day out you come home without a job, worrying how the rent is going to be paid and how food is going to be on the table. I don't think very many people on welfare will tell you they LIKE being on welfare and really don't want to work.

The problem is when you have 3,000 $15-$18/hr jobs sent to Mexico replaced with a few hundred $5-$8/hr jobs, there's going to be a deficit. No one is going to work for less than what they're making on unemployment, and even if they didn't have unemployment, $8 an hour is not enough to feed and raise a family, especially not when you're used to double that.

I am seriously getting sick and tired of this Effing Republican fairy tale that it's EASY to get a job in this country, that it's EASY to make money. NO IT EffING ISN'T.
hotsauce Wrote:universal healthcare doesn't work. To coverup the cost, you are taxed in other areas. There is a town in northern Canada, where they hold a lottery to see who gets to see the doctor that week. With my disease, I would hate to be on a lottery system. I would probably be in a wheelchair before my name would be called. I would rather keep working as long as I can to support myself and my daughter. I want the choice of which health plan works for me.

Serious? So Canada is just lying about how well their system works? The lottery system works with the ones in the most need getting care first, so I guess your right someone should die because I was in line first for a organ even though I could have waited 2 years for one. :Smile
scooterfanatic Wrote:
Admin Wrote:You don't want me for President. I'd do things that go against the common will of politicians such as:

Build all the prisons and jails along the Mexican and Canadian Borders to keep immigration in line.

I'd create Social Security accounts where the money is invested at the investor's will rather than being rifled through for politician's pet projects.

I'd also eliminate the lifers on the government teat. You get welfare for 6 months. After that work or don't eat.

That's right, finding a job is always SOOOO easy. People that don't have jobs, well, they're just lazy and don't want to work.

Bullshit.

Unemployment in Michigan runs out after six months. I actually was unemployed for six months at one time. Tried and tried to find a job, any job, but it didn't happen. All the jobs out there I was either underqualified or overqualified for. Unemployment ran out and thankfully I got called back from my lay-off.

Contrary to the belief of you poor-hating conservative jackholes, being on unemployment is NOT fun. It SUCKS, and it's even worse when day in and day out you come home without a job, worrying how the rent is going to be paid and how food is going to be on the table. I don't think very many people on welfare will tell you they LIKE being on welfare and really don't want to work.

The problem is when you have 3,000 $15-$18/hr jobs sent to Mexico replaced with a few hundred $5-$8/hr jobs, there's going to be a deficit. No one is going to work for less than what they're making on unemployment, and even if they didn't have unemployment, $8 an hour is not enough to feed and raise a family, especially not when you're used to double that.

I am seriously getting sick and tired of this effing Republican fairy tale that it's EASY to get a job in this country, that it's EASY to make money. NO IT effING ISN'T.

And now that the looney left has spoken....

If you want it bad enough you'll make it work.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
scooterfanatic Wrote:

Bullshit.

I am seriously getting sick and tired of this effing Republican fairy tale that it's EASY to get a job in this country, that it's EASY to make money. NO IT effING ISN'T.

The problem with them is that they never had to experience it. Privilege is blinding. It is very Christian of them to criticize huh?
Admin Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:That's right, finding a job is always SOOOO easy. People that don't have jobs, well, they're just lazy and don't want to work.

Bullshit.

And now that the looney left has spoken....

If you want it bad enough you'll make it work.

Wow! You sure got em there. :Smile
There's no arguing with lunacy. Successful people make their way. Always.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:There's no arguing with lunacy. Successful people make their way. Always.

You know from experience?
ratrad Wrote:
Admin Wrote:There's no arguing with lunacy. Successful people make their way. Always.

You know from experience?

Certainly everyone's situation is different, but if you really want something, you'll find a way to get it. Most people are lazy and are just looking for an excuse.