Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is WHWT getting kind of old?
does anybody else get sick of this? ... sometimes I think they're clever, but overall, It just seems like the same old thing everyday.
kaboobie Wrote:does anybody else get sick of this? ... sometimes I think they're clever, but overall, It just seems like the same old thing everyday.

I've never really thought it was terribly funny, but at least he knows when to cut it off and not let it run too long.
Wowie Groovie !
No, it's not old.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
No way! I look forward to it every day!
It's old. Not Eric Zane old but still very old. Hate WHWT.
I hate to get touchy feely but does anyone remember Hotwings' 5 year Anniversary WHWT for 9/11? I think he should adopt that style a little more often. That was some of his best writing and delivery ever!

But when the topic isn't that good then it becomes the same thing: Old Man Hotwings getting pissed off about something that doesn't really matter.
Does anyone remember when Hot Wings returned from his honeymoon and the intro changed to "Here's what Hot Wings' wife lets him think........"?

They were using a different intro before then. The "what Hot Wings thinks.....Hot Wings" had a lot more echo and in fact the current version they're using still catches me off guard as I wait for the deeply echoed version.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
If they dont get rid of it altogether, they at least need to drop whwt to a once a week thing. It's boring.
OMG, you guys need to get a sense of humor. WHWT is a hilarious segment! Who cares that it's old man hot wings' off the cuff response to something no-one really cares that much about, his writing is just frickin funny! How about stop telling them to drop the segment and spend more of your time trying to get a sense of humor!
If u dont laugh at dumb shit it doesnt mean u dont have a sense of humor.
He had me at "butt slurry".

hehadmeatbuttslurry
sorry, I still love it.
I still look forward to it everyday
I like it most of the time, but this mornings was kinda corny.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I love WHWT
Brian Wrote:I love WHWT

I love Rice Krispy treats.
Queenie Wrote:I like it most of the time, but this mornings was kinda corny.

They can't all be winners.
You all realize that he writes these EVERY DAY, right?

I couldn't do that for as many years as he has, that's for certain.
Go Hotwings! Long live WHWT!
Mark the Valet Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:I like it most of the time, but this mornings was kinda corny.

They can't all be winners.
You all realize that he writes these EVERY DAY, right?

I couldn't do that for as many years as he has, that's for certain.
Go Hotwings! Long live WHWT!

trying to both funny and topical on a daily basis has got to be some grueling pressure. Gary Larson ( The Far Side) did it for 14 years before retiring.
jus' P Wrote:trying to both funny and topical on a daily basis has got to be some grueling pressure. Gary Larson ( The Far Side) did it for 14 years before retiring.

While I agree there's probably some pressure involved, that's a pretty shitty analogy. There was nothing topical about The Far Side.
Sometimes HW's insults are a tad too long to be funny...overall he does a great job but sometimes I think he could shorten some of the descriptors...
I heard a phone caller say that too and I guess I don't really understand. Here and there are a couple that aren't that entertaining but for the majority, I love listening to it. Just like that, you must be one of the few that don't like it and us in the majority win. What Hot Wings Thinks must live.
I love it. I've always been a fan of hilarious analogies and The Wings is king of analogies. He always comes up with new, interesting material too. So NO, WHWT is not getting old, at least for me.
duffman Wrote:If u dont laugh at dumb shit it doesnt mean u dont have a sense of humor.

WTF?
Its like Letterman's or Leno's monolouge, sometimes it gets dull if there isn't that much going on, but when you hear "what hot wings thinks" you know its either 7 or 9 est and your going to get atleast a chuckle
I love WHWT. Hot Wings has a great talent for coming up with good analogies and he excels at complaining about all the same things that drive me nuts. They aren't all great, but I find that most of them are.
Sometimes I enjoy them and other times I find them dull but hey u gotta like it cause its HotWings
I am not really a fan of WHWT either. I am a podcaster so I usually just skip right over it. When I do listen though I always think that he needs some new clever insults. Using "window-lickers" and "mouth-breathers" EVERY TIME to fling insults is definately old. I thought those two were funny at first but come on...mix it up a little.
I do really love the show though so I guess not everthing can be a winner.
yeah your right
yes.. window lickers and mouth breathers is a little drug out... but so is giving a dirty sanchez.. and im pretty sure no one has ever seen someone with poop on their upper lip and not laughed!! whwt is hilarious and always will be... not all of them are 500 foot bombs out of the park, but their all home runs!! keep it up hotwings! dont let these rectal spelunkers get ya down!
i usually think they're pretty funny and the dumber and more outlandish his rant is the more amusing it is to me. i wouldn't want them to take it away. i'm like zane in the respect that change messes with my head.

keep it up hotwings Smile
Best show in GR in a longtime,,,any buddy remeber Rick, Darla and Scott the Morning Zoo? and their tons better than Bob and Tom..
what?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
No what scratch that I like what hotwings thinks so anyone who doesnt like what hotwings thinks is a huge douchbag
since they got rid of "idiot of the day" WHWT is all i got now
kaboobie Wrote:does anybody else get sick of this? ... sometimes I think they're clever, but overall, It just seems like the same old thing everyday.

I look forward to it every day! The man has a great point of view. I'd like to see you come up with something as clever as "I'm happier then Rosie O'Donnell at a fish market."
I love WHWT!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to it everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F everybody else that don't like it.
zeke1080 Wrote:I love WHWT!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to it everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F everybody else that don't like it.

Way to bring it strong Zeke. Post on !
Wowie Groovie !
I still look forward to them and I hope he doesn't stop, although I would understand if he did. They usually make me smile, and remind me that I am late to work!

I miss idiot of the day too, and it seems like such an easy segment too.
Honestly, when I hear it come on my iPod I usually skip it. Not that I don't enjoy it from time to time, I just get sick of hearing it the second time.
I think that it has it's moments, but overall it's still a good part of the show. But where are the quotes