Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting the show off the internet w/o an IPOD
Okay, I don't have an IPOD and don't want one just for the FBHW show, but I would like to listen to the show after work sometimes, is there a way I can do that?
Yeah, the podcasts are just mp3s.

So you download them, and you can play them in your music program (or any mp3 player, not just ipods).

Just a warning if you decide to get an mp3 player - you look and feel like a real idiot when you're on public transportation and appear to everyone else that you're laughing hysterically to yourself, and you can't stop.

Horrible, yet awesome.
If you subscribe through I-Tunes you can play them right there. The controls are at the top. You should really get an MP3 player, though, so you can take the show with you. Don't need an IPod, any player will do. They're so cheap now you can get a .5 gig player for $30 or less. That's what I have and it's more than enough memory for a week's worth of shows.
I would recommend against using I-tunes if you don't have an iPod. It is one of the worst pieces of software I have ever seen (except maybe AOL). It's such a resource hog for no reason. There are tons of other applications out there for podcasts that wont make your computer run like a commodore 64
Ok, What do I use then? My brother appears to have something called MP3 Rocket, is it any good, it looks like Limewire. If you can't tell, I'm MP3 retarded.
providencecrow Wrote:I would recommend against using I-tunes if you don't have an iPod. It is one of the worst pieces of software I have ever seen (except maybe AOL). It's such a resource hog for no reason. There are tons of other applications out there for podcasts that wont make your computer run like a commodore 64
How's is it a resource hog? On my Mac, it is only using 31 MB of RAM 3.8% of CPU power. You must be using an older computer.
Check out Juice. It's a great podcasting software...and it's free, which is always a bonus.
What is the URL I'm supposed to type in to subscribe?
That's the part you pay for. Some say they've been able to get it free from iTunes, but I don't know what they did.
donkeyteeth Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:I would recommend against using I-tunes if you don't have an iPod. It is one of the worst pieces of software I have ever seen (except maybe AOL). It's such a resource hog for no reason. There are tons of other applications out there for podcasts that wont make your computer run like a commodore 64
How's is it a resource hog? On my Mac, it is only using 31 MB of RAM 3.8% of CPU power. You must be using an older computer.

The Mac version works well enough, i was referring to the Windows side of things, where its basically a programming abortion
I used to effing hate itunes, but i must admit it works really really well for my FBHW podcast's

if your computer is running slow because of iTunes...you most be one broke ass dude.

I'm not so sure I feel comfortable with throwing the n-bomb around, even in abbreviated form.

~p
maxer64 Wrote:Just a warning if you decide to get an mp3 player - you look and feel like a real idiot when you're on public transportation and appear to everyone else that you're laughing hysterically to yourself, and you can't stop.

Horrible, yet awesome.

OMG i hate this....I feel like a retard out in public when i listen to the podcasts!!
And yes it is horrible, yet awesome!!
I would use the zune software cause it orders it chrnoligcally, not by name like on iTunes.

And I maybe have a zune so yeah
schwance Wrote:

if your computer is running slow because of iTunes...you most be one broke ass dude.

I'm not so sure I feel comfortable with throwing the n-bomb around, even in abbreviated form.

~p

My computer doesnt run slow because of iTunes, my computer is beastly, and i dont have it.

However i worked in home computer repair for 3 years, ending last november when i switched jobs. When i started doing that stuff the majority of the peoples computers ran slow due to viruses and way too many startup entries. Towards the end of my repair run, the two main culprits for any computer slow down were: Norton and iTunes (Adobe Reader and AOL being tied for third).
providencecrow, i like you. you make me laugh.
theuninvited Wrote:
maxer64 Wrote:Just a warning if you decide to get an mp3 player - you look and feel like a real idiot when you're on public transportation and appear to everyone else that you're laughing hysterically to yourself, and you can't stop.

Horrible, yet awesome.

OMG i hate this....I feel like a retard out in public when i listen to the podcasts!!
And yes it is horrible, yet awesome!!
You know how you go into the family doc's office, and you sit there waiting for your name to be called? I missed hearing my name listening to FBHW Podcast.
schwance Wrote:providencecrow, i like you. you make me laugh.

My sarcasm detector is off the charts!
The itunes podcast of FBHW stopped updating for me as of 7/3. Does anyone else have this problem or know about it or how to fix it?
It was removed from iTunes. FBHW weren't the ones who put it on there, from what I know it was a pirated copy put up by a fan. Because it was a copyright violation for the fan to put it up without permission, it was removed.
potthole Wrote:It was removed from iTunes. FBHW weren't the ones who put it on there, from what I know it was a pirated copy put up by a fan. Because it was a copyright violation for the fan to put it up without permission, it was removed.

You can still use iTunes to get the feed though. I think that's what everyone assumed he was asking, although you're probably right in deciphering his meaning.