Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show Pet Peeves.
I know we all love the show, but I am sure there are things that all of us don't like.

I'll go first!

First, your website BLOWS chuncks. I know nothing about html or building a site, but my little podunk carpet business in nashville has a better site than that. Serious, it looks like my dog took a steamer on it. Get a decent site!

Second. Let's cut the crap about location. That was a huge peeve of mine with Bob and Tom (Whoa! Big Secret! We are in Indianapolis..oooooh), and equally as bad with FB&HW. I don't think anyone, at least in the Nashville market, is stupid enough to think they are sitting in the studios over on Murfeesboro Rd. You are in Grand Rapids, admit it and don't be so dang top secret when talking about things going on "around this area".

Third. Bring back the Eric Zane "GOD DAMMIT!" Holy crap that was always funny when he ripped that line out during Dumber than Zane.
I agree with all three. WIN.

Also, I think the show really needs a chick on there full time. Today's local broadcast (after the syndicated broadcast) they had a chick in there and it was fantastic.
The website does suck.

Personally I'm glad Zane stopped saying GD. I thought it was pretty hypocritical for him to talk about his Catholic faith yet do that. That's one of the few things he says that I thought crossed the line.
residentialevil Wrote:The website does suck.

Personally I'm glad Zane stopped saying GD. I thought it was pretty hypocritical for him to talk about his Catholic faith yet do that. That's one of the few things he says that I thought crossed the line.

Which made it even better!! LOL.
I love it when Zane crosses the line. Hell, I love it when anyone crosses the line on that show, it's just extra funny when Zane and Joe cross it.
Zanes constant bitching about noisy phones on the call in segments.

I swear Joe just puts the calls thru to push him over the edge.
zack Wrote:
residentialevil Wrote:The website does suck.

Which made it even better!! LOL.

I totally agree. LOL I love when he says 'gee dee it!' One of my favorite 'Zane-isms'
mermantiger Wrote:I love it when Zane crosses the line. Hell, I love it when anyone crosses the line on that show, it's just extra funny when Zane and Joe cross it.

Zane is such a bad ass he crosses the line just walking in the studio
Wowie Groovie !
mermantiger Wrote:Also, I think the show really needs a chick on there full time. Today's local broadcast (after the syndicated broadcast) they had a chick in there and it was fantastic.

The chick was Stephanie Webb, she used to be on WGRD and is now on WZZM's Take Five. She's about the only chick I can imagine would actually work on the show.
zack Wrote:I don't think anyone, at least in the Nashville market, is stupid enough to think they are sitting in the studios over on Murfeesboro Rd.

I've never heard the show outside of Grand Rapids, but do they actually make that claim? Sounds like something the station might try to do to 'localize' the station a bit, but yeah, that is dumb.
zack Wrote:I know we all love the show, but I am sure there are things that all of us don't like.

Second. Let's cut the crap about location. That was a huge peeve of mine with Bob and Tom (Whoa! Big Secret! We are in Indianapolis..oooooh), and equally as bad with FB&HW. I don't think anyone, at least in the Nashville market, is stupid enough to think they are sitting in the studios over on Murfeesboro Rd. You are in Grand Rapids, admit it and don't be so dang top secret when talking about things going on "around this area".

I didn't realize it was a secret. I don't recall them ever making an issue out of not letting listeners know where they are. ???
I can't stand when they talk about NASCAR. Enough said.
To me the most annoying thing is when Hot Wings is agreeing with somebody and he makes an annoying "mmhmm" sound.
i hate while one talks the other two "uh huh" WE GET IT YOU GUYS ARE IN THE ROOM TOO!
This thread is stupid. Here's what all of your comments equate to....

"Hai2u guiz, i <3 yuor showw, butt i hatz ur shiz, BITCHBITCHMOANBITCH...."

qqmoar?
oooh know what I hate? During the second airing of What Hot Wings Thinks when he makes a funny and the others laugh or act surprised.

It's somewhat annoying on the first airing, but when they do it on the second run-thru as well, when you KNOW they've already heard it...
mermantiger Wrote:I agree with all three. WIN.

Also, I think the show really needs a chick on there full time. Today's local broadcast (after the syndicated broadcast) they had a chick in there and it was fantastic.
No chick needed,remember long ago, Rick Darla and Scott morning zoo, same station? anyway she was stupid just like whats her name on B&T..
If you get a chick you might as well start producing stupid ass songs, putting out CD's, tour,and kiss and blow smoke up every celebrity's ass you interview.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!
My pet peeve with the show is when Zane calls people with physical differences some pretty lowballed names or says some harsh things about their being different. I'll admit its a subject near and dear to me and I choose to not listen to those segments.

I think adding a girl would throw off the whole vibe they have. I like it just the way it is with the boys.
what Hotwings thinks.
sweetmom Wrote:My pet peeve with the show is when Zane calls people with physical differences some pretty lowballed names or says some harsh things about their being different. I'll admit its a subject near and dear to me and I choose to not listen to those segments.

I think adding a girl would throw off the whole vibe they have. I like it just the way it is with the boys.
Once again, I love it when he insults people who don't deserve it.

You are probably right about the girl thing though... although it would be really sweet if they all brought their wives in to do some segments every once in a while.
sweetmom Wrote:My pet peeve with the show is when Zane calls people with physical differences some pretty lowballed names or says some harsh things about their being different. I'll admit its a subject near and dear to me and I choose to not listen to those segments.

"Let me explain something to you, all right? Cripples are not cool."

/just kidding of course
free beer needs to stop saying how bad the show is all the time. the self deprication gets old. they're awesome and he needs to lay off the negativity.
Zane needs to stop saying "remember that Joe" or any other references to Joe in a story that doesn't involve joe.
mentioning bringing a chick in. please no. i am a chick and i love the lewd humor as it is...i don't want to hear an annoying female voice (and they're pretty much all annoying, i'm not excluding myself from that) first thing in the morning...
it's perfect. leave it alone pleeeeeeeeaaase.
Or even, leave it for the "lite" rock station next door...
My biggest peeve is that they take too long setting up clips sometimes. They'll prep it for an hour or so. When they finally get to playing the clip, they'll explain exactly what we're going to hear before they play it. Just play the clip and then tell us what you think.
Zane & his lip smacking, nose whistling A$$!
I hate it when they find the STUPIDEST crap to talk about, some annoying sound bite and play it over and over and OVER AND OVER AND OVER!! Then talk about how f in annoying it is!! We get it . . we are listening . . for the moment . . .okay we'll just turn it down.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
sometimes they talk about bob and tom to often
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Yeah, every once in a while they will cover something that just isn't interesting at all, but I guess you're going to get that with any radio show, no matter how good it is.
I never realized they try to conceal the location.
Only two things really bother me.
1) I haven't heard the DUDE in a while. (I can't listen every day so there might be a reason, but it can't be a good one)
2) Wings tends to stutter during WHWT and for some reason that drives me crazy.

I can't think of anything else really.
When they talk about politics. I am very politically active and rarely agree. I would like to keep "free" beer and politics separate.
I hate when they listen to a clip and then play it and talk about it OVER AND OVER AND OVER again....Drives me NUTS.
I listen purely for entertainment in the mornings so nothing they do really bothers me.
I don't mind when they intelligently discuss politics - but when they (and by they I mean Zane, since he does it most) go off about how President Bush is stupid because he can't speak, that really annoys me.
I love it when they talk about politics. Also, I think they are a little harsh on the President, even though I agree with them.
It's just an unintelligent perspective. If you have a legitimate policy complaint, fine. Let's discuss politics. But to resort to "he's a dummy because he doesn't articulate well", that's the idiot's way out.

I love political debate, but only when that debate is based on differing ideologies.
hotzester Wrote:It's just an unintelligent perspective. If you have a legitimate policy complaint, fine. Let's discuss politics. But to resort to "he's a dummy because he doesn't articulate well", that's the idiot's way out.

I love political debate, but only when that debate is based on differing ideologies.

See that is my point. They don't have the opposing viewpoint. When that happens and there are no challenges, it is as bad as listening to Limbaugh. I personally like it when they rip G-Dub.
Oh, trust me, they DO have different perspectives as I. Your comparison to Rush Limbaugh perplexes me, however. Rush bases his entire career on pointing out hypocrisies and ideological differences. How is that anything like calling someone stupid because he's not a good public speaker?