Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Michigan Beaches ! Your Fave ? ? ?
What's your favorite beach in West Michigan ?

;D
Wowie Groovie !
Duck Lake State Park
http://www.wildernet.com/pages/area.cfm?...&CU_ID=165
Warren Dunes in Sawyer. The beach is pretty nice, it's not too rocky in the water, there are dunes to climb on and paths to walk. I think they even have camping and places to grill. My boyfriend and I are driving down there July 5th.
So long as you don't mind the short hike, Saugatuck Dunes State Park is a very nice place.
Grand Haven
silvermelinda Wrote:Warren Dunes in Sawyer. The beach is pretty nice, it's not too rocky in the water, there are dunes to climb on and paths to walk. I think they even have camping and places to grill. My boyfriend and I are driving down there July 5th.

I was there two weeks ago, they are very nice and I walked the sand dunes for two hours.
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
potthole Wrote:So long as you don't mind the short hike, Saugatuck Dunes State Park is a very nice place.

Yes, they do have a nice place.

I also like Holland State Park, or my friend that has a house on the beach, that is pretty nice too.
Derek Wrote:
potthole Wrote:So long as you don't mind the short hike, Saugatuck Dunes State Park is a very nice place.

Yes, they do have a nice place.

I also like Holland State Park, or my friend that has a house on the beach, that is pretty nice too.

You think your friend would be up for hosting a photo shoot ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Derek Wrote:Yes, they do have a nice place.

You think your friend would be up for hosting a photo shoot ?

Haha maybe
kaboobie92 Wrote:Grand Haven

i agree.
Laketown township park, in between holland and saugatuck. the only bad part about this beach is that the stairs keep going up and up and up....and then you have to go down as many stairs as it takes to climb up the dunes. Definitely a workout! I see people jog up and down the stairs, they're crazy Big Grin. The beach is very nice, and when you get to the top of the stairs you can see out for miles or so it seems. Very nice to take pictures and also this beach is not nearly as populated as state parks.
Holland Tunnel Park. Parking is 10 times easier and it's free.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Growing up, my family always went to Kirk Park, sort of between Holland and Grand Haven. At one point along the boardwalk back to the beach there are some stairs you can take up to the top of a hill. At the top is an old gravesite. That used to creep me out when I was little.
Grand Haven and South Haven are both great because they are right near the nightlife. Holland State Park is 5 miles from town on the other side of Macatoilet.
wingospagettio Wrote:Grand Haven and South Haven are both great because they are right near the nightlife. Holland State Park is 5 miles from town on the other side of Macatoilet.

it's right down the road from my place. i can walk to it. Smile
Pere Marquette in Muskegon
Duck Lake, Ludington, and Orchard Beach
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
I'm still not used to there being no ocean water.

Lakes, psh.
P. J. Hoffmaster State Park FTW!