Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weed
Woah, woah, woah. A fact?! And where on earth is the science to back that up?

Just because you think or believe something is true, doesn't make it so. Case in point, "70% of America's oil comes from Alaska." Sound familiar?
weed should be legalized, it is healthier than cigarets and actually makes you a better more aware driver but if it was legalized then i could see how gang violence would rise
Haha, potthole is totally right, what are you guys on about saying weed makes you a better driver? In all seriousness, I think the crazy grass should indeed be legalized, but acting like it heightens your senses and makes you a better driver is absurd.
You should realize that there are plenty of drinkers out there who say they drive better when either drunk or "a little buzzed," thinking it's some kind of skill or talent. Even if marijuana doesn't inhibit your ability to drive quite as much as alcohol, you all sound like just as much of a dick as those people.
hotzester Wrote:I don't advocate driving high at all. The same restrictions that are on alcohol should be in place for weed.

And as for high sex - wahwah weewah.

That's a good point Zesty. Can a person be tested for how high they are? The legal limit for alcohol here in West Michigan is .08, is there a way of measuring how much weed a person as in their system ?
Wowie Groovie !
I don't know if you can test QUANTITY. That could be a flaw in my plan. lol
What you'd do is give the person in question a bag of chips and a box of twinkies, and then you'd use a formula based on how much they munched to determine their level of intoxication.
kab00bie Wrote:weed should be legalized, it is healthier than cigarets and actually makes you a better more aware driver but if it was legalized then i could see how gang violence would rise

Not really because if its legal then the gangs are out of the picture. Instead Phillip Morris would take their place (i think they are the ones that hold the patent on marijuana cigarettes, cant remember for sure though)
Yeah potthole, they may be absurd. I remember that 70% statement, the reason I said that was because 3 different people told me that, including someone who lives on the oil pipeline, so I believed it. So now I retract that statement, so sorry, can't we drop it?
Kate Wrote:Yeah potthole, they may be absurd. I remember that 70% statement, the reason I said that was because 3 different people told me that, including someone who lives on the oil pipeline, so I believed it. So now I retract that statement, so sorry, can't we drop it?

You know what the problem is? You're upset because I'm calling you out and telling you that you are wrong. You've probably never been told that before.

I'm willing to bet that in high school, you'd make comments, and nobody ever challenged you on them. Nobody ever said they disagreed or that they thought you were wrong. And now that somebody is, you don't know how to deal with it.

People probably never called your statements out before either because they didn't have the guts to, or because they were taught not to. Seeing as you live in Kentwood, I'm going to guess that you were to school at East Kentwood. Knowing what I know of that school, from growing up and living in the Grand Rapids area, I'm going to guess you were never called out because of the latter idea- that people didn't call you out because they were taught not to. They probably taught kids at your school to respect the other thoughts and ideas of people, and that it's rude to tell somebody that they are wrong or that you disagree with them, that it was ignorant to disagree with what somebody else thinks.

You've said that you will be taking classes at GRCC soon. Guess what. People will call out absurd comments you make there, too.
Happy Fourth of July.
I used to be really for the lealization of it along with all other drugs. I think taking it off the streets would decrease crime and would also decrease our prison population, also the government could get taxes from it. Really I don't see a downside to it.
hotzester Wrote:I used to be quite the aficionado years and years ago, but I haven't gone near it in quite some time. Not because I'm all anti...far from it. Sometimes I want to, sometimes I don't. I'm just not in that crowd anymore, so it's a non-issue.

That out of the way, I COMPLETELY support legalization. If you do some easy research, it was criminalized in the early 20th century as a part of a larger political move, nothing more.

Marijuana has been classified by the federal government as non-addictive. You simply can not get addicted to pot. Also, no one has EVER died from pot, because you can't OD on it. Sure, there are idiots who drive stoned, and they died in a wreck, but the WEED didn't kill them.

Reasons to legalize:

~ Dealers will be forced out of business, which means many will get real jobs, and pay real taxes.
~The product will be regulated, quality control standards will be in place, and the cases of laced pot will decrease.
~Taxes will be collected.
~Prohibition has never worked, historically. This is no different.

I'm obviously not advocating the use of marijuana by anyone under 21. It would have to be regulated exactly like alcohol, and the same penalties for driving stoned would be in place.

Think pot is a killer? Take a look at those "anti-weed" commercials. Not one of them tells you how marijuana will harm you. They all highlight people making bad CHOICES and doing things while they're high. Driving, babysitting, etc. None of those things should be done after smoking.

But if you want to smoke a joint some night around a campfire, who cares?

And for those of you citing various state laws legalizing - remember, federal law trumps it. So even if a state allows it, you're breaking federal laws. Why state's have the right to control cigarettes and alcohol, but not pot, is a completely different debate.

This is an awesome argument. But i will say this, eventho i'm for legalizing weed and s**t. Weed is one of the reasons my daughters father isn't in her life because he's too stoned 3/4 of the time to see her. Weed and I have a vendetta right now. but maybe if it was legalized it would be less appealing because it's legal. I started smoking ciggarettes when i was 16 for the thrill of it, and now that i'm 19, it's not appealing to me anymore.

Besides the government would only legalize the crappy weed anyway so honestly whats the point?
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
Titan ! Wrote:
hotzester Wrote:I don't advocate driving high at all. The same restrictions that are on alcohol should be in place for weed.

And as for high sex - wahwah weewah.

That's a good point Zesty. Can a person be tested for how high they are? The legal limit for alcohol here in West Michigan is .08, is there a way of measuring how much weed a person as in their system ?

There is not a way to measure the amount of weed. You just have to pee in a cup. But i'm not gonna pull down my pants and pee in a cup on the side of the road with a po-po watching. you'd hafta be nuckin futs
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
Legalizing marijuana would definately make it less appealing. Driving while high is way safer than driving drunk!!! Ask an expert...
stalker Wrote:Legalizing marijuana would definately make it less appealing. Driving while high is way safer than driving drunk!!! Ask an expert...

Still doesn't mean it should be done.
True, but it is being done everyday. I would rather drive with a passive and mellow stoner than an aggressive drunk...
I agree, pot heads 1, drunks zero
Bo Nerdasuck Wrote:I agree, pot heads 1, drunks zero

Wrong sir:

Herb + Liquor = awesome
I wonder how much of the 50 states individual budgets are spent on prisoners whose only crime is marijuana possession ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:I wonder how much of the 50 states individual budgets are spent on prisoners whose only crime is marijuana possession ?

100 billion dollars!!

[Image: Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg]
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Titan ! Wrote:I wonder how much of the 50 states individual budgets are spent on prisoners whose only crime is marijuana possession ?

I don't have the exact figures but it more than likely is on www.norml.org . Either way its absurd. Instead of focusing on pot, lets focus on crime people. If i buy a sac of weed, go home, smoke it on my couch, eat some funions, and pass out, then I am not hurting anyone, why should i be labeled as a criminal.

For every 1 person i know that smokes, i have seen about 30 cars that are driving well below the speed limit. One of those two groups of people are actually putting other people in harms way. I'll give you a hint, it doesnt involve drugs in anyway.
providencecrow Wrote:

I don't have the exact figures but it more than likely is on www.norml.org . Either way its absurd. Instead of focusing on pot, lets focus on crime people. If i buy a sac of weed, go home, smoke it on my couch, eat some funions, and pass out, then I am not hurting anyone, why should i be labeled as a criminal.

Ya know... I'm pretty damn conservative, but I gotta agree with you here bro. Smoke up, anjoy your funyuns, and don't drive, and weed is ok with me.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:I don't have the exact figures but it more than likely is on www.norml.org . Either way its absurd. Instead of focusing on pot, lets focus on crime people. If i buy a sac of weed, go home, smoke it on my couch, eat some funions, and pass out, then I am not hurting anyone, why should i be labeled as a criminal.

Ya know... I'm pretty damn conservative, but I gotta agree with you here bro. Smoke up, anjoy your funyuns, and don't drive, and weed is ok with me.

See thats how you know that weed is not as big of a deal as its made out to be. Most people regardless of their political leanings if you told them "I know someone who was arrested" and then when you tell them it was for like possession, 9 times out of 10 you get this response "For pot, thats it?"

it isnt a big deal, yet for some reason its still a life ruiner if you get caught with some on you
Medical Marijuana is on the ballot in Michigan this November. I don't believe for a second it'll get passed, but at least it's there.