Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verbal Crutches! - what do you HATE the most?
Being in radio and talking for a living - we all would have "verbal crutches" i.e. things we say ALL THE TIME, repetitive use of phrases... Who's drives you crazy?

Free beer often says "So on and so forth..." and often starts off thought (especially during recorded or live commercial spots) with "Like we said..." which drives me crazy because they usually never "said" it yet....

more?
"1 800 947 3979, or you can email the show at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:freebeerandhotwings@hotmail.com">freebeerandhotwings@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->."

"so guys"
It's not really a crutch but Free Beer and Hot Wings both use the word "intrinsically" way too much and often incorrectly. Zane would too if it had fewer syllables.
Hot Wings, saying "Ok", and "Um" during paired with an idiot
I love these guys, I have listen since day one. There was a time i did quite listening for a short period, ((like a week) it just seemed that everything was related to religion).

But anyways, straight to the point. HOTWINGS stop putting in your two cents everytime someone tells a damn story. No matter what the story is about or who told it you know somebody who has done it to if not yourself.

That drives me f'n crazy.

Remember pink is not just for wearing, its also fun to eat.
what i hate the most is when listeners ask "how are you?" they tell you how they are if you listen... they should just kick people off if they ask.
smarterthanhw Wrote:It's not really a crutch but Free Beer and Hot Wings both use the word "intrinsically" way too much and often incorrectly. Zane would too if it had fewer syllables.

now Zane sound it out in.....ri....
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
"I think that..." is a hot wings crutch, that if he cut that out he could maybe get 3-4 more minutes of talk time per show, "yeah" as an agreement by all on the show, but it all fits as the show is set around 4 guys hanging out and talking like they are at a bar.
Not totally on subject, but I wish Zane would look up "crux" in the dictionary. He always misuses that word, and mispronounces it as "cruxt."
freebeer says "That's for sure" ALOT
"thrown under the bus" and "ramped up" are their favorites. in every story or topic, some situation gets "ramped up" and then someone gets "thrown under the bus". they all say it but i think free beer says it the most.
I find it annoying how Freebeer feels it necessary to constantly self deprecate himself and the show. You guys are successful and no one is going to think you're arrogant if you don't always say that you suck.
cripplesarenotcool Wrote:freebeer says "That's for sure" ALOT
I've noticed this one more than anything. He uses it to wrap up every segment, and sometimes immediately after something ridiculous was said.
"ummm."
"uhhhh."
"yeah"
"that's awkward"
"well be right back after this. You're listening to the Free Beer and Hot Wings show"
Wowie Groovie !
I enjoy the verbal crutches. Beats Bob & Toms fake laughter every other minute. Ya' know?
saddlebags Wrote:I enjoy the verbal crutches. Beats Bob & Toms fake laughter every other minute. Ya' know?

Yeah, but c'mon man, listening to my molars get drilled down to flat stubs sounds better than B&T's a-hole laughter.

And, since you're from orangeville, isn't a word like "Laughter" a little big for you ?
Wowie Groovie !