Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCain in 08! Obama Supporters Need Reality Check
Fistor-
The flag website proved nothing. It's a rumor website, look at the subtitle. And also, if you have done enough research (as you obviously have to argue so much) why don't you express some opinions on McCain? And obviously i'm anti-obama because he is a fetus-faced windbag.
kaboobie92 Wrote:Fistor-
The flag website proved nothing. It's a rumor website, look at the subtitle. And also, if you have done enough research (as you obviously have to argue so much) why don't you express some opinions on McCain? And obviously i'm anti-obama because he is a fetus-faced windbag.

It's Snopes. It tries to prove or disprove rumors with actual facts. It's pretty well-known as the site you go to to find out if something is true or not.

A fetus-faced windbag, huh? Wow. Tough to argue against that. Maybe if I said I think McCain is a big doody head?

I'm currently undecided on which candidate to vote for. And nothing you've posted (except maybe the unmitigated fact that he is in fact a fetus-faced windbag) has helped sway me one way or another.
Ok i have one question. Why, if Obama is so concerned about the poor, does he live in a 1.6 Million dollar house in a suburb of Chicago? If he is that concerned, why dosent he take some initiative. Its like with celebrities. Tons of celebrities get on commercials trying to get you to help an organization, but I guarantee most havent given them a dime (even though they are much more wealthy than most of us)
kaboobie92 Wrote:Ok i have one question. Why, if Obama is so concerned about the poor, does he live in a 1.6 Million dollar house in a suburb of Chicago? If he is that concerned, why dosent he take some initiative. Its like with celebrities. Tons of celebrities get on commercials trying to get you to help an organization, but I guarantee most havent given them a dime (even though they are much more wealthy than most of us)

I lean right and on behalf of all of us who lean right: "Please stop embarrassing us". Thanks.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Embarassing you? I'm trying to express my opinion. Just because you lean right dosen't mean you have to associate yourself with me
kaboobie92 Wrote:Ok i have one question. Why, if Obama is so concerned about the poor, does he live in a 1.6 Million dollar house in a suburb of Chicago?

Because he's rich, would be my guess.

What kind of house does McCain live in? What kind of house do you live in? What, your dad doesn't care about the poor? :Smile

Why do you continue to argue? You clearly would consider any democrat Satan personified and elevate any Republican to god-like status. These arguments are silly. 7 pages in and you're bringing up old e-mails that have been disproved for months and Obama's choice of houses. Fine, you think he's doody-faced fetus brain. We get it.

Now if you don't mind, maybe we can actually get to some issues that are, you know, pertinent?
First off, I don't believe any "democrat is Satan personified". I have a lot of family members and friends who are liberals. The fact is that my disgust in Obama goes beyond his politics. Sure, I do disagree with about 99% of his platform, but he has proved he is dishonest, and has very little government experience. He dosen't have any experience with the military strategy (or the military in general) which is kinda important for the Commander In Chief. I respect your opinions Fistor, and everyone else in this board. I just don't trust him.
I'm curious Fistor-
What do you believe will help fix this economic mess that our country is in? Obama is for more government programs and un-supported tax cuts. While I agree that tax cuts are necessary, with the creation of government programs there won't be enough $$ to support the cuts. Also, Obama talks about moving out of Iraq, and then talks about how we need more troop presence in Afghanistan. I don't see how that will solve our Iraq spending problem. Instead of spending money in Iraq, we will just be spending more money in Afghanistan.
kaboobie92 Wrote:I'm curious Fistor-
What do you believe will help fix this economic mess that our country is in?

I don't know.

kaboobie92 Wrote:Obama is for more government programs and un-supported tax cuts.

If his tax cuts are indeed "un-supported", then they won't come to fruition. Problem solved I guess.

kaboobie92 Wrote:While I agree that tax cuts are necessary, with the creation of government programs there won't be enough $$ to support the cuts.

My guess is some things cost more than others.

kaboobie92 Wrote:Also, Obama talks about moving out of Iraq, and then talks about how we need more troop presence in Afghanistan. I don't see how that will solve our Iraq spending problem. Instead of spending money in Iraq, we will just be spending more money in Afghanistan.

My guess is some things cost more than others.

Does Obama pose that relocating troops to Afghanistan is the solution to the "Iraq spending problem"? Does he recommend the exact same number of troops in Afghanistan as are currently in Iraq? The same resources? The same equipment? Is McCain's plan of staying in Iraq indefinitely any sort of solution to the "Iraq spending problem"?
McCain's plan won't solve the spending problem, obviously. Obama didn't pose the relocation as a solution, but people assume that all the spending from the war will stop if Obama is elected. He wants more troops in Afghanistan and has talked about helping to bring "peace" to Africa. Don't get me wrong, I'm not 100% McCain. I really wish that the GOP could've produced a better candidate (Fred Thompson, Mitt Romney). I just think that we need a TRUE republican economic policy to bring our economy back. And I know Obama won't, so i'm hoping McCain will.
Fair enough. I'd dig in to Obama's war spending solutions, because I'm pretty sure his Afghanistan proposal would cost us exponentially less money than what we're spending in Iraq, but I actually have work to do. I'll have to get to it later.
I agree with you Elrushbo. What the GOP needed to do was put someone up that could run this country like it is the biggest corporation in the world. I'm so tired of lawyers running and ruining this country.
scooterfanatic Wrote:Republican economic policy I believe is this: give tax breaks to the richest businesses and individuals because theoretically they are the ones who create wealth. Give them a tax break and their good fortune will "trickle down" to the middle class.

The only problem is now because of free trade agreements, those corporations are taking that extra money and using it to create wealth in other countries. Nike doesn't manufacture a single shoe in the United States, because the CEO feels that "Americans don't want to make shoes." I guarantee you there are thousands of unemployed people who would be happy to make shoes. In fact, New Balance does manufacture some product here.

I think the main flaw in the conservative laissez-faire economic argument is that businesses and corporations always have the principle of the free market in mind. In the extreme, it's economic anarchism. A completely free economy is unsustainable, as corporations would eventually merge into bigger and bigger entities until monopolies ruled the market. We have historical examples even, just look at the US during the turn of the 20th century where the market was flooded with robber barons. I realize not all republicans and conservatives are libertarians and recognize that some regulation in the market is needed, though.

Reganomics doesn't work today because of NAFTA, plain and simple. I think there should be a law that states a corporation should get not one red cent in tax breaks unless a certain percentage of their manufacturing is done right here. Companies like Nike suck wealth from the American market and put nothing back. After all, if every business moved overseas, who would be left to buy those sneakers and t-shirts and cars?

Wow scooter that makes alot of sense and I agree with you about tax breaks too American companys that manufacture nothing in America. But mabey I think it 's a little more accurate to say that Reganomics works less. Most American companies are not like Nike but enough are to make a huge dent. However if the standard of living across the globe were to rise because of free trade agreements, then Reganomics would reign as king again as long as the playing feild is kept as fair as possible.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Ladies and gentlemen, the definition of hypocrisy:

kaboobie92 Wrote:Well lets see, a 19 year old who although his parents could easily pay for everything, decides to pay for it himself. I pay for most of my college, my car, my gas, my insurance, everything. And do you know why I do it? It's because i dont like people wiping my ass.

kaboobie92 Wrote:It's because i'm a sophomore in college... and my parents paid for my truck, and one of my grandparents gave me the benz..

kaboobie92 Wrote:sweet. Yeah funny because my daily driver is a chevy silverado (13 mpg) and my wknd car is the benz that still only gets 19 city. Im just glad my parents pay for my gas lol

So, elrushbo, will you finally admit you have no idea what you're talking about when speaking about "those lazy poor people who only exist to mooch off the government"?
Epic post, now maybe he'll stop.
wow, epic failure
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Wow. That was awesome el fisto !!
[Image: cop_stuck_cement.jpg]
how does that make a difference? Just because you've had more time to eff things up? Just because my parents have money dosent mean that I am blind to politics. And I'm paying for college so I cant afford it and my parents want to help. I dont see how thats a big deal? I think someone is just jealous. So get over it. And the reason I said above that I pay for my car and gas and then said I didnt, was because I payed half for my truck and split the gas. So I can't claim that I "pay" for them.
kaboobie92 Wrote:how does that make a difference? Just because you've had more time to eff things up? Just because my parents have money dosent mean that I am blind to politics. And I'm paying for college so I cant afford it and my parents want to help. I dont see how thats a big deal? I think someone is just jealous. So get over it. And the reason I said above that I pay for my car and gas and then said I didnt, was because I payed half for my truck and split the gas. So I can't claim that I "pay" for them.

C'mon man, you're dead to rights here. Admit you're out of touch with the empoverished faction of our nation and we might just know what we're talking about when we say it's not as easy as "lazy poor people getting more jobs".

Jealous? Hell yes I'm jealous! I admit that freely. I wish I came from a wealthy family and didn't have to worry that some day I might not know how I'm going to feed my kids if/when my job gets taken away from me (which has happened to me twice, by the way). You are very fortunate, and you should be glad.

But you should also admit to having a lot more to learn.

For your sake, I will chalk up the "you've had more time to eff things up" line to you being backed into a corner and lashing out blindly.
yes that line was lashing out blindly. And I will fully admit that I have a lot more to learn, but this dosen't mean i *don't have a descent grasp on politics. I am pretty intelligent and can think for myself. But everyone has more to learn.
[Image: failure0400.jpg]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
[Image: failboatmr9.jpg]
kaboobie92 Wrote:yes that line was lashing out blindly. And I will fully admit that I have a lot more to learn, but this dosen't mean i *don't have a descent grasp on politics. I am pretty intelligent and can think for myself. But everyone has more to learn.

Thank you, that's all I was after.
kaboobie92 Wrote:how does that make a difference? Just because you've had more time to eff things up? Just because my parents have money dosent mean that I am blind to politics. And I'm paying for college so I cant afford it and my parents want to help. I dont see how thats a big deal? I think someone is just jealous. So get over it. And the reason I said above that I pay for my car and gas and then said I didnt, was because I payed half for my truck and split the gas. So I can't claim that I "pay" for them.

[Image: failure.jpg]
Kindly refrain from piling on. He admitted he has more to learn. I think that took some balls.
scooterfanatic Wrote:McCain is a bumbling old fool, but Obama is no better. I'm voting for Nader in '08

Eff off a-hole! Nobody cares about Nader. Nader can't do a damn thing for anybody. Don't even waste gas driving to the voting booth!

(Bob Costas quotes should take over from here!!!)
providencecrow Wrote:[quote author=kaboobie92 board=politics thread=678 post=20895 time=1216917218]

Really? If the democrats had their way the government would be a lot bigger than it is now. McCain wants to keep it small as it should be. The government is getting too much power and is wasting too much money. Granted they arent going to shrink the gov't right away, but it would be a step in the right direction.

Name the last republican president we had that shrunk the government?

Every Republican President. That's why you'll keep waiting. It will be a while before we write down every Republican president that has ever been in office.
providencecrow Wrote:
kaboobie92 Wrote:Really? If the democrats had their way the government would be a lot bigger than it is now. McCain wants to keep it small as it should be. The government is getting too much power and is wasting too much money. Granted they arent going to shrink the gov't right away, but it would be a step in the right direction.

Every Republican President. That's why you'll keep waiting. It will be a while before we write down every Republican president that has ever been in office.

Don't worry, i'll wait.
Third times the charm, common, you can do it.
kaboobie92 Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Here's the quote, in case you want to refute it:

Please attempt to defend this irresponsible statement.

even though I disagree with most things people say in this thread, i agree that this is ridiculous. How could u say something so degrading to the troops that are protecting your freedom? And even though i'm only 18 and have limited experience (as fistor has pointed out lol) how are you "tired" of dealing with pro Bush people? And it's people with an attitude like that, that are causing a split in politics. "Die with the rest of those buttholes". Hmmm, you obviously really appreciate the different views possessed in this country that makes it what it is. America would not be "America" if people didnt have different opinions and beliefs. It is what makes a democracy work.

I am the originator of the whole thread and I am impressed. Those of you who hate war have every right to hate it. I hate it. But I want to WIN the war! I am 18, first time voting, and am going to enlist when I graduate. I am voting for McCain because he is going to do what he has to do to win the war. Barack Obama is going to pull out too early and cause a disaster. His celebrity status is a enigma to me. He never answers any of the questions he is asked during a debate and he does not say what he is going to do. Except for the word change. Just listening to him talk makes me wonder. He just walks around the outside of the question without really answering it. To simply put it, he won't answer questions. I can't understand him. McCain is like my old wise grandfather. That's why I am voting for him; because of his fatherly nature and his experience in knowing what works...and I can understand what he's saying. I can't wait for the debates which is something I have never done.

But the most important thing that gives McCain my vote is that he would put his country first before himself. Barack Obama, probably not since he has to defend himself from all of the questions he doesn't aswer. And he will say whatever he has to say to get elected. He puts himself before the good of his country. John McCain wrote a book about putting his country before himself called "Faith of my Fathers" which is a great story. A man who went through what he went through and then come home and become one of the best known Senators deserves to be President at this point in time. Not some guy who has so many questions about his beliefs, experience, and patriotism. How can you fall head over heals in love with Barack Obama with all of those questions? (Bringing up Bush here as an arguement is not legit here, talk about Barack and not George).
internkylebusch Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:[quote author=kaboobie92 board=politics thread=678 post=20895 time=1216917218]

Really? If the democrats had their way the government would be a lot bigger than it is now. McCain wants to keep it small as it should be. The government is getting too much power and is wasting too much money. Granted they arent going to shrink the gov't right away, but it would be a step in the right direction.

Please, explain to me how bush sr, or reagan even shrunk the federal government. You don't need to give me full detail, but just something.
Mad Dog Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:Republican economic policy I believe is this: give tax breaks to the richest businesses and individuals because theoretically they are the ones who create wealth. Give them a tax break and their good fortune will "trickle down" to the middle class.

The only problem is now because of free trade agreements, those corporations are taking that extra money and using it to create wealth in other countries. Nike doesn't manufacture a single shoe in the United States, because the CEO feels that "Americans don't want to make shoes." I guarantee you there are thousands of unemployed people who would be happy to make shoes. In fact, New Balance does manufacture some product here.

I think the main flaw in the conservative laissez-faire economic argument is that businesses and corporations always have the principle of the free market in mind. In the extreme, it's economic anarchism. A completely free economy is unsustainable, as corporations would eventually merge into bigger and bigger entities until monopolies ruled the market. We have historical examples even, just look at the US during the turn of the 20th century where the market was flooded with robber barons. I realize not all republicans and conservatives are libertarians and recognize that some regulation in the market is needed, though.

Reganomics doesn't work today because of NAFTA, plain and simple. I think there should be a law that states a corporation should get not one red cent in tax breaks unless a certain percentage of their manufacturing is done right here. Companies like Nike suck wealth from the American market and put nothing back. After all, if every business moved overseas, who would be left to buy those sneakers and t-shirts and cars?

Wow scooter that makes alot of sense and I agree with you about tax breaks too American companys that manufacture nothing in America. But mabey I think it 's a little more accurate to say that Reganomics works less. Most American companies are not like Nike but enough are to make a huge dent. However if the standard of living across the globe were to rise because of free trade agreements, then Reganomics would reign as king again as long as the playing feild is kept as fair as possible.

The best thing to do, I believe, is to tax companies who ship their jobs out of the country. Give tax breaks to companies who keep their jobs in this country. I think if you handle things that way, we will have more companies staying here and maybe bringing jobs back here. Give the companies incentives to stay and employ here.
hotsauce Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:Wow scooter that makes alot of sense and I agree with you about tax breaks too American companys that manufacture nothing in America. But mabey I think it 's a little more accurate to say that Reganomics works less. Most American companies are not like Nike but enough are to make a huge dent. However if the standard of living across the globe were to rise because of free trade agreements, then Reganomics would reign as king again as long as the playing feild is kept as fair as possible.

The best thing to do, I believe, is to tax companies who ship their jobs out of the country. Give tax breaks to companies who keep their jobs in this country. I think if you handle things that way, we will have more companies staying here and maybe bringing jobs back here. Give the companies incentives to stay and employ here.

Agreed. However, wouldn't this taxation go against NAFTA? I'm no expert.
I'm sorry, but I don't really know what NAFTA is.
you might be correct fistor, i'm no expert on NAFTA. However, if we can't tax them for leaving, we need to give them incentives to stay. If we make the US look just as good as China there won't be a reason to leave.
Fistor Wrote:Kindly refrain from piling on. He admitted he has more to learn. I think that took some balls.

"refrain from piling it on"?! Why would we do that? He was clearly caught lying and he wouldn't even admit to lying. That was an epic fail and he tried to play it off like a regular politician by apologizing without admitting he lied. This kid is going to make an excellent Republican someday. He'll make anything up just to buffer his point of the moment. God I love it when people get caught doing that BS...

[Image: fail2.jpg]