Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is Thursday's show posted
I take the segments right off of the feed, so I got them before the weirdness happened. I uploaded them all to a free drop site.

www.teletubbies.com

You'll have to save each one individually, but it's the best I could do. Sorry about the segment titles, it pushes everything together. Enjoy!

Dear Moderators: I know this fits in a thread, but I wanted the new one to attract attention because I'm sure people are interested.

Dear grapelady, please don't post links to steal the podcasts. They cost money and providing them for free is stealing.

Thank you,

The Moderators.
Dear Moderators,
I understand that people who don't pay shouldn't get to podcast, but it sounds like most people on here podcast and didn't get to listen to Thursday's show. I figured the financial loss from one day (and only one day, because it isn't a link to the feed, just the one day), wasn't too big of a deal. People just wanted to hear Thursday and won't get to until it's oudated....

I'll wait for a response before I maybe post it again.
I agree with grapelady, i pay, and didn't get it, this is after all, one day. This shouldn't be a link that goes directly to every days, but the one day that we didn't get it would be nice.
I gotta chime in here, and say that I think the podcast should be free. I know 3 bucks a month isn't much, but still, I would be a lot more inclined to listen to the podcast if I could grab it free off Itunes
Wowie Groovie !
I agree. . . i don't want to argue if it should be free or not but I do want the one day I was looking forward to. So if you know of another way i can get it please tell me.
i agree... all of us on here are podcasters and we got effed thursday.. so stop bein a p and get with the program!! haha
Moderators? Do I have the go? No use getting banned...
No, please don't re-post it.

http://fbhw.proboards83.com/index.cgi?ac...ge=1#10863

zane Wrote:wtf! some people got it...some people didnt?

I dont get it

I hate the fn podcast. So tempermental

Try re entering your link

Thats all I can think of
eric
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I still feel like that is blanket moderator retardation. The whole point is listeners being able to listen. Posting a missed day of podcasting while the guys are on vacation so people that actually care can listen while it's still relevant, is the most reasonable thing ever. I have no doubt their response would be "Yea, of course, saves us some work on Monday"

If you can't be reasonable maybe you should let someone else take care of the oversight.
And the link you posted actually makes me MORE right. Zane doesn't know what the problem is, but surely he wouldn't say "Yea, make everyone wait a week instead of posting it so everyone can see"

That really makes a ton of sense. Please, more blind judgements. I bet you didn't even visit the link before you blocked it.
It's also interesting how moderators can go ahead and post audio of whatveer they want (I.e. "Tell me how my taint look"), but podcasters would already have the audio.

That means .....*GASP* Regular listeners get to hear what they missed without subscribing. I guess one segment is the limit?
I think its crap that if you didn't listen live, your screwed. We dont know who won DTZ, and other stuff we look forward to later in the day, I know its the system messing up for us, but one day? Come on guys...
i got the podcast just fine on thursday, and 3 bucks a month or 30 bucks a year is nothing, just pony up the cash if you want to hear the whole show.
Call it "retarded blanket moderation" or whatever you want, but until the people who own the rights to the material tell us that it's okay for you to post free links to their work then the links will continue to be deleted.

Besides that, I am reading that a lot of people say all the Thursday segments are already available.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
You post links to content. You do it. Are you telling me you're getting an affidavit each time?
It's nice how you didn't respond to anything I said by the way. You just feel like an idiot because you didn't even think about it before you deleted it, and now you're showing me how tough and upright you are because you're the administrator. Way to really save the day. In 2 minutes I counted Seven posted links and segments of the show, all no doubt had expressed approval.

I'm sure what FBHW really want is some self important jerk limiting show distribution. I'm sure all the listeners really love just having to wait. Anyone who already got the podcast won't be affected, those who didn't will appreciate it, and one or two people who didn't subscribe might get to listen to ONE show for free. Wow, how crazy.

The idea is that listeners get to listen. At least you're not blinded by your position as administrator.
The more I think about this the more I can't beleive how ridiculous you're being.
Rodney gave up a HR during those posts so they might be more biting than necessary...
grapelady Wrote:You post links to content. You do it. Are you telling me you're getting an affidavit each time?

You're comparing someone posting a snippet of a clip to posting an entire day's podcast? Really?

grapelady Wrote:It's nice how you didn't respond to anything I said by the way. You just feel like an idiot because you didn't even think about it before you deleted it, and now you're showing me how tough and upright you are because you're the administrator. Way to really save the day. In 2 minutes I counted Seven posted links and segments of the show, all no doubt had expressed approval.

I responded. Until the staff of FB&HW says it's okay to share entire podcasts for free they're not going to be linked on this forum.

grapelady Wrote:I'm sure what FBHW really want is some self important jerk limiting show distribution. I'm sure all the listeners really love just having to wait. Anyone who already got the podcast won't be affected, those who didn't will appreciate it, and one or two people who didn't subscribe might get to listen to ONE show for free. Wow, how crazy.

Zane posted his suggestions on how to fix it. I posted the link to his post and quoted it in this thread. Did Zane say "go ahead and share the link to the podcast"? No. It should be pretty obvious then.

grapelady Wrote:The idea is that listeners get to listen. At least you're not blinded by your position as administrator.

The idea is that the listeners pay for a product. Then again, as stated earlier, it would seem almost everyone got the whole day's podcast by refreshing.

grapelady Wrote:Rodney gave up a HR during those posts so they might be more biting than necessary...

Agreed. Look, I can take someone disagreeing with me. Having said that, I'm not going to sit here and accept being ridiculed with personal insults (especially a four post rant in a 9 minute span). If you don't like the rules here then you're more than welcome to start your own FB&HW forum and run it how you see fit. No one is making you participate here.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
grapelady Wrote:The more I think about this the more I can't beleive how ridiculous you're being.

Seeing as how you're making such a big deal about this, posting over and over again, I think you're the one who is being ridiculous.
That doesn't even make sense. I could put 4 different thoughts into one post or do 4 posts. But I guess thats way different. Just like when Moderators post content because it's ok, but everyone else is stealing precious podcasts. I appreciate the negative karma, I guess I'll only agree with you from now on.
If you want to listen for free, just wake up earlyer :o
grapelady Wrote:That doesn't even make sense. I could put 4 different thoughts into one post or do 4 posts. But I guess thats way different. Just like when Moderators post content because it's ok, but everyone else is stealing precious podcasts. I appreciate the negative karma, I guess I'll only agree with you from now on.

Not that it matters, because it would appear that you have deleted your account, but yes, one post with four thoughts would be better as compared to four seperate posts that are spewing hate.

There's a difference between what one of us mods posted compared to what you wanted to post. One of us mods posted one small piece, as compared to you wanting to post an entire episode. The show puts small stuff like that on their website for free quite often- they don't, however, post entire episodes for free.

I can see where people are coming from, there were issues with the last podcast, and they want to hear it. But I also want to respect the guys from the show. It's their show, and their work, and I feel it should be up to them to decide if we here on the forum allow it to be posted for free. It's just like with the photography I do. I've had a few situations where I've discovered people using my photos without my permission. Sure, it's usually just one small isolated incident, but it's still my work, and I want to have people respect it and me enough to ask my permission before doing stuff with it.
This whole thread shouldn't exist. grapelady, there are things here called laws. Now if you pay attention you are not supposed to break these things. Showing a small snipit is within the law. Giving away a whole broadcast without concent of the creators or owner of that material is called illegal, illegal means to break this law.
Oh by the way, I don't podcast, so me getting even that one days show for free would be stealing. Nonetheless I listened to the show on the GRD website so I don't have to worry about that. Yes the people that podcast should get what they paid for, however that is the job of the people controling the podcast to take care of, and I don't think you would be one of those.

There is no need to insult any of the mods for trying to keep this board legit. Because of your stupidity and if it would have went ignored this board could have been shutdown without question. The only person being retarded is you. Yes I think the podcasts would be nice to get free, most shows do so. There is probably a reason these guys don't, so get over it and stop being a spaz.

As far as the quad posting goes, all this does is make it seem like you are a little kid crying for attention.

I am sorry if I corssed a line here on the board by stating any of this but it's things like this that seriously piss me off, it only takes one person to ruin it for everyone else.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I said it before and I'll say it again. $30 a year for 5 hours a day of entertainment like this is a super deal, even if it screws up from time to time. Mine came out just fine on thursday too
I'd love to know what some people are doing to get 7/3/08 to work...
I got it. I have a yearly subscription, if that helps. Perhaps those that didn't get it only had a subscription for June?
Bang! Wrote:I'd love to know what some people are doing to get 7/3/08 to work...

At this point, I'd hope nothing. It's the Sunday of a stinking 3 day holiday weekend. I'd sure as heck hope that all three of those guys, four counting Joe, have been enjoying the holiday, and not worrying about one podcast.
potthole Wrote:
Bang! Wrote:I'd love to know what some people are doing to get 7/3/08 to work...

At this point, I'd hope nothing. It's the Sunday of a stinking 3 day holiday weekend. I'd sure as heck hope that all three of those guys, four counting Joe, have been enjoying the holiday, and not worrying about one podcast.

True.

Joe always seems to be dinkin' around in their office. Maybe whoever runs "best of" can upload?

Can we call in on Monday and ask?
Philly Mike Wrote:This whole thread shouldn't exist. grapelady, there are things here called laws. Now if you pay attention you are not supposed to break these things. Showing a small snipit is within the law. Giving away a whole broadcast without concent of the creators or owner of that material is called illegal, illegal means to break this law.
Oh by the way, I don't podcast, so me getting even that one days show for free would be stealing. Nonetheless I listened to the show on the GRD website so I don't have to worry about that. Yes the people that podcast should get what they paid for, however that is the job of the people controling the podcast to take care of, and I don't think you would be one of those.

There is no need to insult any of the mods for trying to keep this board legit. Because of your stupidity and if it would have went ignored this board could have been shutdown without question. The only person being retarded is you. Yes I think the podcasts would be nice to get free, most shows do so. There is probably a reason these guys don't, so get over it and stop being a spaz.

As far as the quad posting goes, all this does is make it seem like you are a little kid crying for attention.

I am sorry if I corssed a line here on the board by stating any of this but it's things like this that seriously piss me off, it only takes one person to ruin it for everyone else.

[Image: applause.gif]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.

Zane suggested refreshing. Clear your cookies and temporary internet files while you're at it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
if it helps, i also got thursday's podcast like normal, and i have a yearly subscription as well.

Here is what i did to get it to work immediately from the get go: not own an ipod or use itunes.

WINNAR!
i recall one day the guys (FB&HW) saying that podcast subscribers are encouraged to download, listen and share freely the shows to attract new listeners.
ilskintn Wrote:i recall one day the guys (FB&HW) saying that podcast subscribers are encouraged to download, listen and share freely the shows to attract new listeners.

But they did not say to host the whole show that they charge on podcast for to a whole slew of current listeners. Last time I checked, pretty much everyone here is a current listener, not a new one.

That plus they pretty much meant let others hear it, not give them the whole days worth of material.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
ilskintn Wrote:i recall one day the guys (FB&HW) saying that podcast subscribers are encouraged to download, listen and share freely the shows to attract new listeners.

I didn't hear that. I'm not saying it's not true. That said, Philly Mike gets major karma for his two posts in this thread.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Grapelady, I think I'm picking up a little sarcasm in your posts. I wanna know what Hot Wings thinks of this precarious predicament. I'll get you started...Freebeer, Zane, and Listeners...
bombsaway Wrote:Grapelady, I think I'm picking up a little sarcasm in your posts. I wanna know what Hot Wings thinks of this precarious predicament. I'll get you started...Freebeer, Zane, and Listeners...
I'm more irritated than Grapelady's keister after a night of playing catch with Elton John! I mean so you didn't ge one podcast. According to my math we work approx 46 weeks a year x 5 days = 230 shows per year. Divide that by $30 a year for a subscription to the podcast and it comes out to $.13 per show. Quit whining over $.13 you crazy a-hole! When I was gone for a few days you didn't hear me bitching about not hearing the show did you? No you didn't cuz I didn't want to hear the show. As Ned Flanders said "You've attained the rank of pussy". I'm uhohspagettio and that's what I think "What Hot Wings Thinks"
HAHA!
FREAK'N HILARIOUS!
RIP HER TO SHREDS.

What a moron, she was just whining like a little girl who needs to suckle.

I agree with the MOD's.
I can understand where both sides are coming from (I don't podcast since I get to listen to a couple hours of the show at work--about the only good thing about my job), but this thread has been going on for how long now? Seriously? Okay, grapelady needed to get a hobby and the podcast didn't work and I still don't know who won DTZ, but really, is there a need to keep going on this, especially when grapelady isn't even part of the message board anymore?

Now, on to more important matters: Who won DTZ???? It's eating me up inside.