Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me!!
Alright Ladies and, well, guys....I have an issue. I'm planning a wedding for October....and as of right now, the biggest piece missing...my DJ. Anyone in the GR area, if you know a good one, have any suggestions, I would gladly take any help you can give. Help a girl out here...
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
You will of course invite all of us board regulars to your wedding right ?
Wowie Groovie !
Ha....if I didn't have over 100 with just my side of the family, I might think about it....maybe the bachelorette party...
vsangelchick Wrote:Ha....if I didn't have over 100 with just my side of the family, I might think about it....maybe the bachelorette party...
That is a TERRIBLE idea.
vsangelchick Wrote:Ha....if I didn't have over 100 with just my side of the family, I might think about it....maybe the bachelorette party...

That could be fun.
Wowie Groovie !
Wait... there would be cake right? You could forget the wedding and just have cake and music, it would cost a little less. Here is just a tip... no offense to you, but to not think you can DJ the party yourself some how buy mixing a bunch of CD's and putting it into a CD changing and routing it into the speakers... or putting an MP3 player on random. As I said, to stay PC, don't take offense, cause no one wants to hear your crappy Ipod music during a wedding.

Or cake party.
Just do what my mom did when she got remarried. After the ceremony they just switched on the radio and brought out the booze. That was a fun day
I know I can't do it myself....that's why I'm asking for Help.....AHHH....ok....that was my little outburst for the hour.
You could try craigslist. Or check out some of those entertainment tabloids that businesses have around.
I'd assume it's not too difficult to find dj's. If there are any upcoming bridal shows, you'll practically trip over them, from what my wife told about our planning process.
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:Wait... there would be cake right? You could forget the wedding and just have cake and music, it would cost a little less. Here is just a tip... no offense to you, but to not think you can DJ the party yourself some how buy mixing a bunch of CD's and putting it into a CD changing and routing it into the speakers... or putting an MP3 player on random. As I said, to stay PC, don't take offense, cause no one wants to hear your crappy Ipod music during a wedding.

Or cake party.

I am guessing you aren't married there major. When it comes to a woman there are 3 things you don't do when they are planning the wedding.

1. Say no to the choice she picks when she asks your opinion.

2. Try to talk her into something less than what she wants/needs.

Last and most important

3. Do anything else that can conceivably piss her off.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
If looking for wedding planning help, I know of a great person to talk to. She did a fantastic job helping with my recent wedding.
Philly Mike Wrote:
majorcinnimonbun Wrote:Wait... there would be cake right? You could forget the wedding and just have cake and music, it would cost a little less. Here is just a tip... no offense to you, but to not think you can DJ the party yourself some how buy mixing a bunch of CD's and putting it into a CD changing and routing it into the speakers... or putting an MP3 player on random. As I said, to stay PC, don't take offense, cause no one wants to hear your crappy Ipod music during a wedding.

Or cake party.

I am guessing you aren't married there major. When it comes to a woman there are 3 things you don't do when they are planning the wedding.

Last and most important

Not only that, but it's a retarded idea to begin with.

"FORGET THE WEDDING JUST HAVE CAKE AND MUSIC."
Are you serious?
This is a wedding she's describing here, genius. Not a birthday party with the kids from the neighborhood.
Mark the Valet Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:I am guessing you aren't married there major. When it comes to a woman there are 3 things you don't do when they are planning the wedding.

Last and most important

Not only that, but it's a retarded idea to begin with.

"FORGET THE WEDDING JUST HAVE CAKE AND MUSIC."
Are you serious?
This is a wedding she's describing here, genius. Not a birthday party with the kids from the neighborhood.

I took that part to be a bad joke, however if he was serious that is a whole new slew of problems.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
potthole Wrote:I'd assume it's not too difficult to find dj's. If there are any upcoming bridal shows, you'll practically trip over them, from what my wife told about our planning process.

It's not difficult to find them....but I would like suggestions as to who's good, who's not, and what I should focus on as far as service. Finding one in the budget is always good too.
I have a great one down here angel, but I don't think he'd be into traveling to GR. Best of luck on finding one though, and on the wedding. Smile
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
If you want something serious? It was an obvious ploy if you actualy take the time to consider why some one posted something. I know she is asking for help, but this is personal preference that I found ironic that wedding help on a forum would really work effectively.

No not married, but did help organize one and mainly dealt with food and audio set up and decorations. And in the end... the bride still bitched about a lot. Most of it was things she asked for exactly.

My first statement about cake and just music. Deals with the materialistic needs of some people, not stating that one here has that or not. But just a simple subtle touch does more than anything. Okay so that was fun. I'm not going to bother to mention a few things that might help, don't wanna have another slew of things spoiling this thread for the bride to be. I like how every one's minds work, they're funny.
Hire Freebeer and Hotwings to Dj it, that would be a blast. have joe do some joe stunts.
Or joe would be better off at the bachelorette party... have him jump out of a cake. And that was the second time I'd mention cake...
Did I send you the name of the guy I recommend ? OR did I just imagine that ?
Wowie Groovie !
You did...and I'm waiting for them to get back to me about availability...