Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcast Questions
Hey guys, i just signed up for the podcast on saturday how long before i should receive an email from them? i am not going to use itunes, but i downloaded an installed mypodder, does anyone know how good of a podcatcher that is? how long after the live broadcast ends until the feed is available? thanks in advance for any all help!
Well I recently subscribed and after a week I emailed Dean and asked him for my link (it's only supposed to take a few days). He sent it soon thereafter.

Check out this thread - http://fbhw.proboards83.com/index.cgi?ac...440&page=1
That's what she said.
I listen on the day after it's aired. But I often see that Zane's begun to upload the early segments while the show is still on air. So, ideally, they're posted during commercial breaks. Don't know anything about mypodder, I think lots of people use Juice as an Itunes alternative.
Mister Five Wrote:Don't know anything about mypodder, I think lots of people use Juice as an Itunes alternative.

The beauty of the internet is if there is some software that a person or group of people does not like for one reason or another, thousands of alternative freeware/open source versions pop up. Since i don't have an iPod i'm not too farmiliar with the iTunes alternatives, but it's probably worth taking a trek over to www.sourceforge.net and trying a couple programs out if youre looking for an iTunes alternative.

As for uploading the segments while the show is on? Damn right he does. That means i can listen to the early segments that air while im still asleep (specifically everything prior to 7AM EST) at work, which is fantastic.

It's too bad by the time i get to work I miss the end of at least 105.7 the hawks broadcast because all radio signals are blocked in my office (my guess is lead paint in the walls or something else that will likely cause me to die) and all webstreams are blocked by the firewall so i can't listen that way, so I just have to listen to that stuff when i get home.

I at least get about an hour and a half of the show live, never do seem to make it through on the phone for those segments like DTZ though Sad
usually the podcast segments go up about a half hour to an hour after they air on the radio. sometimes zane forgets for a while or messes on up, but for the most part it works great, and even with those minor glitches, its still a great thing to have.
Its been 5 days since i subscribed and i have not received anything yet...i also ordered a t-shirt 12 days ago and have yet to receive anything
hit_in_the_cup_with_a_face Wrote:Its been 5 days since i subscribed and i have not received anything yet...i also ordered a t-shirt 12 days ago and have yet to receive anything

As far as the T-Shirt goes, keep in mind that the guys are on vacation. It may not get shipped until they get back next week.

For your podcast subscription, I will send you an email with Dean Hunts email address. Send him an email and let him know you subscribed and are still waiting for the link.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Opus Wrote:
hit_in_the_cup_with_a_face Wrote:Its been 5 days since i subscribed and i have not received anything yet...i also ordered a t-shirt 12 days ago and have yet to receive anything
For your podcast subscription, I will send you an email with Dean Hunts email address. Send him an email and let him know you subscribed and are still waiting for the link.

Yep, that's what I did and he sent it a few hours later.
That's what she said.
Anyone missing Part 11 from today (Friday 7/18/8)?
I AM missing 11, hmmph
my link is down right now :S any else?
HOW DO YOU EVEN START TO BUY/SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST? WHat is the first thing you do?
mistereleven Wrote:HOW DO YOU EVEN START TO BUY/SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST? WHat is the first thing you do?
Go here and buy it.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Allyson Wrote:
Opus Wrote:For your podcast subscription, I will send you an email with Dean Hunts email address. Send him an email and let him know you subscribed and are still waiting for the link.

Yep, that's what I did and he sent it a few hours later.

You all keep saying this, but how do I email Dean? I have no idea who this guy is or what his email address is. Does he handle shirt purchases also, it's been a few weeks for that to come too.
shaun Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Yep, that's what I did and he sent it a few hours later.

You all keep saying this, but how do I email Dean? I have no idea who this guy is or what his email address is. Does he handle shirt purchases also, it's been a few weeks for that to come too.

deanhunt @t chartermi .net
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
shaun Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Yep, that's what I did and he sent it a few hours later.

Took me about 8 weeks to get a tshirt and hat that I had on order. Actually made me look like an a-hole with a friend of mine, who I bought the hat for as a gift. Had to send an email and got the stuff about 3 days later. Haven't signed up for the podcast yet but, will keep all this in mind when I do.