Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Quote Game
This is a kind of fun game I played with some friends while I was on the submarine. It's pretty simple. You post a quote from a movie, the first person to post the correct movie gets to post their own quote. The point is NOT to make the toughest, most trivial quotes you can come up with. That just causes the game to get stale and stop being fun. Put down quotes that are easy, funny, memorable, great, whatever. I'll start it off with a quote from my favorite movie of all time. Enjoy

"You know those old posters that say 'Today is the first day of the rest of your life'? Well that's true for every day except one. The day you die."
ummm . . . can't think . . been trying to upload a effin pic for the "lets see you" thread. DAMMIT . . .try some comedy Shaun!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
American Beauty?
Zee Wrote:American Beauty?

Got it. If you think you have it, go ahead and cheat, check imdb, or whatever. Then you can post your own quote. Don't bother waiting for confirmation, it would take forever. Good job Zee!
shaun Wrote:
Zee Wrote:American Beauty?

Got it. If you think you have it, go ahead and cheat, check imdb, or whatever. Then you can post your own quote. Don't bother waiting for confirmation, it would take forever. Good job Zee!

"It is a choice Wesley, that each of us must face. To remain ordinary, pathetic, deep down coasting through a miserable existence like sheep herded by fate... or you can take control of your own destiny, releasing the caged wolf you have inside."
I thinks it's Hannibal from Red Dragon...I don't know how to check it.(sorry)..If I'm right....
"220, 221 whatever it takes."
only movie I can think of with a character named Wesley is "The Princess Bride" but I know that's not it...
jus' P Wrote:I thinks it's Hannibal from Red Dragon...I don't know how to check it.(sorry)..If I'm right....

No.
jus' P Wrote:I thinks it's Hannibal from Red Dragon...I don't know how to check it.(sorry)..If I'm right....

OH OH OH!!! Mr MOM!!! That movie is one of my FAVES!!!

damn, he wasn't right, but at least I know I still answered his right Big Grin I'll forfiet my movie quote til the last one gets answered right
Mr. Mom..I still use that line

[i]edit: peachs just beat me too it. Undecided[/i]
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Zee Wrote:It is a choice Wesley, that each of us must face. To remain ordinary, pathetic, deep down coasting through a miserable existence like sheep herded by fate... or you can take control of your own destiny, releasing the caged wolf you have inside."
Never saw the movie but is it Fight Club?
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
Mr. Mom..I still use that line

me too ;D
dino Wrote:
Zee Wrote:It is a choice Wesley, that each of us must face. To remain ordinary, pathetic, deep down coasting through a miserable existence like sheep herded by fate... or you can take control of your own destiny, releasing the caged wolf you have inside."
Never saw the movie but is it Fight Club?

Not Fight Club.
Peachs Wrote:
dino Wrote:Mr. Mom..I still use that line

me too ;D

sorry I messed it up...But I love the Mr mom line
Zee Wrote:"It is a choice Wesley, that each of us must face. To remain ordinary, pathetic, deep down coasting through a miserable existence like sheep herded by fate... or you can take control of your own destiny, releasing the caged wolf you have inside."

The best way I know to verify a correct answer on this one is to watch the trailer for the movie on YouTube. I believe this line was used in most of the trailers. I think they might have commercials for it on TV still... but I don't watch TV so not sure.
Try as I might.. I still can't figure it out Sad
Peachs Wrote:Try as I might.. I still can't figure it out Sad

I really wanted to pick a good one... I suck again.
Zee Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:Try as I might.. I still can't figure it out Sad

I really wanted to pick a good one... I suck again.

I figured it out....but I did have to cheat to find it Undecided
I'm a bad boy cause I really wanted to cheat Wink
Quote of the Day:
dino Wrote:
Zee Wrote:I really wanted to pick a good one... I suck again.

well I say go ahead and let it out, and make sure to include your quote at the end!
I suggest that if someone posts a quote that's too obscure then they receive negative 10 karma points. Wink
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
dino Wrote:
Zee Wrote:I really wanted to pick a good one... I suck again.

I'm a bad boy cause I really wanted to cheat Wink

I didn't read any rules against cheating. I tried to pretty much tell the answer anyways... maybe I should have used bold...
Admin Wrote:I suggest that if someone posts a quote that's too obscure then they receive negative 10 karma points. Wink

I wish I could defend myself...
the suspense is killing me...
movie=Wanted

But I'm still giving my quote opportunity to Dino because he figured it out first....

Get yer quote on Dino!
Peachs Wrote:movie=Wanted

But I'm still giving my quote opportunity to Dino because he figured it out first....

Get yer quote on Dino!

well no wonder...I haven't seen it and I don't do theaters for obvious reasons. { I'm Stupid...}
Okay.....this may be an easy one.

"You retired too? Not me, I'm in my prime."
Quote of the Day:
dino Wrote:Okay.....this may be an easy one.

Is it Tombstone? Doc Holiday....
sluttynurse Wrote:
dino Wrote:Okay.....this may be an easy one.

Is it Tombstone? Doc Holiday....

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Sluttynurse shows us she's more than just a pretty face and an open Y!

Your quote!
Quote of the Day:
While we're waiting, I'll throw out an obscure one from my teens. Loved this movie by the way. Bonus karma to anyone who can name the person who said the line.

" Honey ! C'mon over here sugar buns! This machine just called me an a-hole!"

Ill give it up after 3 guesses. (that's what she said )
Wowie Groovie !
dino Wrote:
sluttynurse Wrote:Is it Tombstone? Doc Holiday....

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Your quote!

Thanks Dino. Sorry I held up the game. I actually had to work for part of the day. So, you think I have a pretty face? No demand for pic proof like the others? But (here comes the brainless part) what is an open Y?

I love Tombstone. I knew it right off the bat. Doc is my favorite character. "You're a daisy if ya do."

Here is my quote, it was hard to choose one. Anyone that knows it is a kindred spirit. Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A drunk person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to handle this trip."
sluttynurse Wrote:
dino Wrote:Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Your quote!

Thanks Dino. Sorry I held up the game. I actually had to work for part of the day. So, you think I have a pretty face? No demand for pic proof like the others? But (here comes the brainless part) what is an open Y?

I love Tombstone. I knew it right off the bat. Doc is my favorite character. "You're a daisy if ya do."

Here is my quote, it was hard to choose one. Anyone that knows it is a kindred spirit. Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A drunk person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to handle this trip."

Grandma's boy??

ohh and an open Y is uh.. the letter/shape your body/ legs make with your legs open... fancy schmansy way of saying vagina
sluttynurse Wrote:Thanks Dino. Sorry I held up the game. I actually had to work for part of the day. So, you think I have a pretty face? No demand for pic proof like the others? But (here comes the brainless part) what is an open Y?

Of course I'm not going to demand proof. I'm sure you've been hounded enough....I'll take your word on it for now....Plus, in my imagination all slutty nurses have to be hot!

Um, they Y thing is the shape women make when they spread their legs.....i.e. when you eat out you "dine at the Y"

That would be Hunter S. Thompson's most recognizable work "Fear and Lothing" right?

Excellent choice!
Quote of the Day:
Peachs Wrote:ohh and an open Y is uh.. the letter/shape your body/ legs make with your legs open... fancy schmansy way of saying vagina

Thanks for having my back on that one Peachs....You must have been typing that up at the same time as me!
Quote of the Day:
Peachs Wrote:
sluttynurse Wrote:Thanks Dino. Sorry I held up the game. I actually had to work for part of the day. So, you think I have a pretty face? No demand for pic proof like the others? But (here comes the brainless part) what is an open Y?

Grandma's boy??

ohh and an open Y is uh.. the letter/shape your body/ legs make with your legs open... fancy schmansy way of saying vagina

Thanks for enlightening me on the open Y. Duh. I guess nurses are brainless sluts. Brainless at least.

But no...not Grandma's Boy. Although I laughed my a** off to that movie. Keep thinking....
Dino posted a guess too, above me I think, he's probably right lol
dino Wrote:

Of course I'm not going to demand proof. I'm sure you've been hounded enough....I'll take your word on it for now....Plus, in my imagination all slutty nurses have to be hot!

Um, they Y thing is the shape women make when they spread their legs.....i.e. when you eat out you "dine at the Y"

That would be Hunter S. Thompson's most recognizable work "Fear and Lothing" right?

Excellent choice!

Awesome Dino. So we're kindred spirits I guess? I had a hard time choosing just one quote...Hunter had so many good ones. Side note, I stalked Hunter Thompson on my honeymoon in Colorado. My favorite writer. Yes, me...the one who is afraid of posting my pic because of mouth-breathing stalkers. Ha! I never met him...but I did get pics taken in front of his house and drank at his favorite bar, the Woody Creek Tavern. Rest in peace Gonzo.
your go Dino!
dino Wrote:

Excellent choice!

Damn, I go to work and miss one of my all time faves. Great quote though, I'm ready for more now.
Who's next? Dino, is it you? Since you got Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas right. I need something to do at work. Wink
Okay.....this may be a softball.

"The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N. "
Quote of the Day: