Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lying about Iran?
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07...ex.html?hp - I think the media mgiht be over-hyping it personally
thats crazy stuff, this is why i dont read the paper of watch the news its just so damn misleading
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
indeed
We STILL owe those sneeky bastards. I was so upset when BushII didn't turn the BIG RED ONE east from Bagdad and go after Teheran.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:We STILL owe those sneeky bastards. I was so upset when BushII didn't turn the BIG RED ONE east from Bagdad and go after Teheran.

You're kind of an angry person. You need to calm down. We are talking about human lives you know.
Mad Dog Wrote:We STILL owe those sneeky bastards. I was so upset when BushII didn't turn the BIG RED ONE east from Bagdad and go after Teheran.
Over a shoopin? With time, young Padawan, with time.
Dude, they are after nukes and wouldn't think twice about touching one up in St. Cloud if they could. Since those missiles won't reach that far I guess you are out of the woods, but we have thousands of troops on the ground in Iraq which are well within their range.

Not too mention Isreal is starting to get an itchy trigger finger. Isreal has already proved too the world that they will defend them selves against a nuclear Iran. War with Iran is comming mark my words.

Actually come too think of it, since we haven't found bin Ladin, it's a possibility that he left Afganastan for Iran. It kinda makes sense. And after Iran aquires nukes, mabey they will slide one too Ol' Osama and mabey he will find some one too special deliver it too the United States? Wait, if BushII takes out Terhan four years ago we don't need do deal with this night mare senario.

If you haven't guessed it by now I am pro- American
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
m00t Wrote:

sorry but whats a "shoopin"?
Mad Dog Wrote:Dude, they are after nukes and wouldn't think twice about touching one up in St. Cloud if they could. Since those missiles won't reach that far I guess you are out of the woods, but we have thousands of troops on the ground in Iraq which are well within their range.

Not too mention Isreal is starting to get an itchy trigger finger. Isreal has already proved too the world that they will defend them selves against a nuclear Iran. War with Iran is comming mark my words.

Actually come too think of it, since we haven't found bin Ladin, it's a possibility that he left Afganastan for Iran. It kinda makes sense. And after Iran aquires nukes, mabey they will slide one too Ol' Osama and mabey he will find some one too special deliver it too the United States? Wait, if BushII takes out Terhan four years ago we don't need do deal with this night mare senario.

And anti-middle easterner, apparently. Not sure what annihilating the Iranian people has to do with being "pro-American" (and who here isn't?), but whatever.

Also, in 99% of your posts, "too" should be spelled "to". I really hate being a grammar Nazi, but that's been throwing me off for awhile.
I have a friend in Iran. From what he's been telling me Islam is losing popularity with the younger generations as they are beginning to dig deeper into the past and see Islam as an "Arab religion." My friend hates arabs and Islam with a passion.

As far as claims that they're developing nuclear weapons, they're completely baseless. There is no proof. I don't care how much you hate Ahmadinejad. I can't believe we're seriously talking about invading ANOTHER country based on hunches and guesses again. This kind of foreign policy will be utterly disastrous for us, and it's why our founding fathers cautioned against it.

Screw Israel, let them defend themselves. The only reason they exist is because of some whacko religious agenda concocted by people who want to bring about the end of the world. Sorry guys but I don't believe in your fairy tale and I don't take too kindly to those who try to throw and entire region into chaos, needlessly wasting the lives of our soldiers and our tax dollars only to find you and your followers looking foolish when you're not raptured up to heaven like that nutcase Rev. Hagee thinks will happen.
whats wrong with too?
scooterfanatic Wrote:I have a friend in Iran. From what he's been telling me Islam is losing popularity with the younger generations as they are beginning to dig deeper into the past and see Islam as an "Arab religion." My friend hates arabs and Islam with a passion.

As far as claims that they're developing nuclear weapons, they're completely baseless. There is no proof. I don't care how much you hate Ahmadinejad. I can't believe we're seriously talking about invading ANOTHER country based on hunches and guesses again. This kind of foreign policy will be utterly disastrous for us, and it's why our founding fathers cautioned against it.

Screw Israel, let them defend themselves. The only reason they exist is because of some whacko religious agenda concocted by people who want to bring about the end of the world. Sorry guys but I don't believe in your fairy tale and I don't take too kindly to those who try to throw and entire region into chaos, needlessly wasting the lives of our soldiers and our tax dollars only to find you and your followers looking foolish when you're not raptured up to heaven like that nutcase Rev. Hagee thinks will happen.

You'll be the foolish one when we are all raptured and you are left for armageddon.
Mad Dog Wrote:whats wrong with too?

I'm really not interested in teaching an English lesson here. Look it up.

"Too" is used when you want to describe something as overly so. As in "too fat", "too dusty", "too sunny", etc.

Okay, no more lessons beyond that.
scooterfanatic Wrote:I have a friend in Iran. From what he's been telling me Islam is losing popularity with the younger generations as they are beginning to dig deeper into the past and see Islam as an "Arab religion." My friend hates arabs and Islam with a passion.

:Smile
Jesus christ, you really are a complete idiot.
flyersfantn Wrote:

:Smile
Jesus christ, you really are a complete idiot.

Kindly describe why you disagree with him and be sure to adhere to the "don't flame" rule of the forum. It is possible to debate civilly and not sling names around, even on the internet.
fine you want an argument, How about Ahmadenijad saying Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth. Saying that the time of the US is coming to an end. Scooter, what dont you get about the things this guy is saying? The realy threat here is that if he gets nukes, he's the most likely person on the earth to use them. oh and screw israel right, yeah, screw england, screw canada, hell screw half of europe right. I guess you dont know why its a good thing to have allies.

also, scooter says he has an friend in Iran, and I find it difficult to believe that scooter has any friends....anywhere. Tongue
flyersfantn Wrote:fine you want an argument, How about Ahmadenijad saying Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth. Saying that the time of the US is coming to an end. Scooter, what dont you get about the things this guy is saying? The realy threat here is that if he gets nukes, he's the most likely person on the earth to use them. oh and screw israel right, yeah, screw england, screw canada, hell screw half of europe right. I guess you dont know why its a good thing to have allies.

also, scooter says he has an friend in Iran, and I find it difficult to believe that scooter has any friends....anywhere. Tongue

You almost made it without attacking. Wink

All the stuff you mentioned about Ahmadinejad may be true, but up to this point it's just posturing. I'd still rather have some proof that Iran is a nuclear threat before going in. We've been tough talked to before. We're the top of the food chain, so it's expected. We can't attack countries just because their leaders thumb their noses in our face. We did that once, and it was an unmitigated disaster, and we still don't have a plan to get out.

This time around, some concrete proof would be nice. Until then, it's just saber-rattling.
flyersfantn Wrote:fine you want an argument, How about Ahmadenijad saying Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth. Saying that the time of the US is coming to an end. Scooter, what dont you get about the things this guy is saying? The realy threat here is that if he gets nukes, he's the most likely person on the earth to use them. oh and screw israel right, yeah, screw england, screw canada, hell screw half of europe right. I guess you dont know why its a good thing to have allies.

I would argue that Kim Jong Il hates the US as much as, if not more than, Ahmadenijad. Yet he has nukes and has not attacked us.

Anyway, yeah, let's attack people based on what they've said. If we followed that, we'd be at war with most of the world.
scooterfanatic Wrote:

I would argue that Kim Jong Il hates the US as much as, if not more than, Ahmadenijad. Yet he has nukes and has not attacked us.

Anyway, yeah, let's attack people based on what they've said. If we followed that, we'd be at war with most of the world.

I never said we should attack Iran. I dont think theres any way we realisitcally could do anything before we got out of Iraq anyways, and even then, they've given us no reason to start another war. That being said, we should be keeping a VERY close eye on this a-hole ahmadenijad. People say he's just posturing but I get the feeling that he may actually be crazy enough to start some shit one day. The bitch of it is, the only thing we can ( and really should ) do is sit around and wait for him to do something stupid.
flyersfantn Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:I would argue that Kim Jong Il hates the US as much as, if not more than, Ahmadenijad. Yet he has nukes and has not attacked us.

I never said we should attack Iran. I dont think theres any way we realisitcally could do anything before we got out of Iraq anyways, and even then, they've given us no reason to start another war. That being said, we should be keeping a VERY close eye on this a-hole ahmadenijad. People say he's just posturing but I get the feeling that he may actually be crazy enough to start some shit one day. The bitch of it is, the only thing we can ( and really should ) do is sit around and wait for him to do something stupid.

I'll agree with that. Regardless of whether or not you agree with attacking Iran, I think you'd have to be a fool to think we can afford it at this point without causing a serious devaluation of our currency, which would weaken us far worse in the long run than some sort of attack on Israel.
scooterfanatic Wrote:
flyersfantn Wrote:I never said we should attack Iran. I dont think theres any way we realisitcally could do anything before we got out of Iraq anyways, and even then, they've given us no reason to start another war. That being said, we should be keeping a VERY close eye on this a-hole ahmadenijad. People say he's just posturing but I get the feeling that he may actually be crazy enough to start some shit one day. The bitch of it is, the only thing we can ( and really should ) do is sit around and wait for him to do something stupid.

I'll agree with that. Regardless of whether or not you agree with attacking Iran, I think you'd have to be a fool to think we can afford it at this point without causing a serious devaluation of our currency, which would weaken us far worse in the long run than some sort of attack on Israel.

Understand though, if they actually were stupid enough to attack Israel, we wouldnt be the only ones to respond. Half of the world would be pissed off and would join in, especially countries in the EU. That would be something that they would finally take a stand against and say "you know what...enough of this BS" and Iran would be in a bad situation.
Mad Dog Wrote:
m00t Wrote:Over a shoopin? With time, young Padawan, with time.

sorry but whats a "shoopin"?

Shoppin, like photoshoppin. Oops.

Also, a big reason we haven't been attacked/won't be attacked with nuclear weapons (with the current situation/people in power) is pretty much the promise of mutually assured destruction. If Ahmdinejad or Kim Jong Il pops off a couple of nukes, we fire back. China and Russia might get their panties in a bunch and join the party as well. Eventually, we screw the world up bad enough as to where nothing can live but cockroaches and Rosie O'Donnel. That is, of course, a worst case scenario, but it's probable. Nobody is about to risk that.
flyersfantn Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:I'll agree with that. Regardless of whether or not you agree with attacking Iran, I think you'd have to be a fool to think we can afford it at this point without causing a serious devaluation of our currency, which would weaken us far worse in the long run than some sort of attack on Israel.

Understand though, if they actually were stupid enough to attack Israel, we wouldnt be the only ones to respond. Half of the world would be pissed off and would join in, especially countries in the EU. That would be something that they would finally take a stand against and say "you know what...enough of this BS" and Iran would be in a bad situation.

That depends on when it happens. Right now there is a culture war going on in many parts of Europe between local sensibilities and muslim extremism. Radical Islam is kept on a very long leash, and the governments seem to be falling all over themselves to impose restrictions on their general population so as not to risk offending their muslim neighbors. There are signs that some are pushing back, but I fear that in a few years, muslim extremism may run rampant in Europe because the ultra-liberal elements there refuse to say no to all this.
scooterfanatic Wrote:
flyersfantn Wrote:Understand though, if they actually were stupid enough to attack Israel, we wouldnt be the only ones to respond. Half of the world would be pissed off and would join in, especially countries in the EU. That would be something that they would finally take a stand against and say "you know what...enough of this BS" and Iran would be in a bad situation.

That depends on when it happens. Right now there is a culture war going on in many parts of Europe between local sensibilities and muslim extremism. Radical Islam is kept on a very long leash, and the governments seem to be falling all over themselves to impose restrictions on their general population so as not to risk offending their muslim neighbors. There are signs that some are pushing back, but I fear that in a few years, muslim extremism may run rampant in Europe because the ultra-liberal elements there refuse to say no to all this.

Good point, its a HUGE problem in France right now. I wouldnt be suprised if they do push back eventually. The people in those countries are only going to stand for so much...
flyersfantn Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:That depends on when it happens. Right now there is a culture war going on in many parts of Europe between local sensibilities and muslim extremism. Radical Islam is kept on a very long leash, and the governments seem to be falling all over themselves to impose restrictions on their general population so as not to risk offending their muslim neighbors. There are signs that some are pushing back, but I fear that in a few years, muslim extremism may run rampant in Europe because the ultra-liberal elements there refuse to say no to all this.

Good point, its a HUGE problem in France right now. I wouldnt be suprised if they do push back eventually. The people in those countries are only going to stand for so much...

I think the French people electing a more conservative president is a strong indication of their growing frustration.
scooterfanatic Wrote:
flyersfantn Wrote:Good point, its a HUGE problem in France right now. I wouldnt be suprised if they do push back eventually. The people in those countries are only going to stand for so much...

I think the French people electing a more conservative president is a strong indication of their growing frustration.

You also have to realize that conservative in Europe is still extremely more liberal than most liberal concepts in the US.
m00t Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:sorry but whats a "shoopin"?

Shoppin, like photoshoppin. Oops.

Also, a big reason we haven't been attacked/won't be attacked with nuclear weapons (with the current situation/people in power) is pretty much the promise of mutually assured destruction. If Ahmdinejad or Kim Jong Il pops off a couple of nukes, we fire back. China and Russia might get their panties in a bunch and join the party as well. Eventually, we screw the world up bad enough as to where nothing can live but cockroaches and Rosie O'Donnel. That is, of course, a worst case scenario, but it's probable. Nobody is about to risk that.

Except quite possibly a nut job like Amadjinastasd. When I said that there would be war with Iran I actually think that it will be the Iranians that fire the first shot not the U.S. Not that it would hurt my feelings a bit if we did.

And I don't think that it will matter two hoots in hell if McCain or Obama get elected, there will still be war. I feel that Obama will look weak, and McCain will look hamstrung by the left. There you go.
m00t Wrote:

No, not over a photoshopped pic, but the taking of 104 American hostages which they've never appologized for. Also for sending organized insurgent groups into Iraq to harass American soilders.
Also for betraying us by kicking out the Shaw of Iran and installing a seething cauldron of hate called the Ayatola, following that up with an even worse Kook Ahmadineajade.

But speeking of thos pics, one of those missiles were photoshopped, but THREE were not.
Fistor Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:whats wrong with too?

I'm really not interested in teaching an English lesson here. Look it up.

"Too" is used when you want to describe something as overly so. As in "too fat", "too dusty", "too sunny", etc.

true enough but you can use the word "too" inplace of "also" which is basicly what I am doing. Go find your Fith Grade English book and look it up.
Fistor Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:Dude, they are after nukes and wouldn't think twice about touching one up in St. Cloud if they could. Since those missiles won't reach that far I guess you are out of the woods, but we have thousands of troops on the ground in Iraq which are well within their range.

Not too mention Israel is starting to get an itchy trigger finger. Israel has already proved too the world that they will defend them selves against a nuclear Iran. War with Iran is coming mark my words.

Actually come too think of it, since we haven't found bin Ladin, it's a possibility that he left Afghanistan for Iran. It kinda makes sense. And after Iran acquires nukes, maybe they will slide one too Ol' Osama and maybe he will find some one too special deliver it too the United States? Wait, if Bush II takes out Tehran four years ago we don't need do deal with this night mare scenario.

And anti-middle easterner, apparently. Not sure what annihilating the Iranian people has to do with being "pro-American" (and who here isn't?), but whatever.

Also, in 99% of your posts, "too" should be spelled "to". I really hate being a grammar Nazi, but that's been throwing me off for awhile.

Thats an easy thing to say that I'm a anti-middle easterner. I'm not though. I'm anti-Iranian. I'm anti- North Korean. I was anti-Saddam Hussein but alas he's not around any more ;D But I'm pretty pro- Kuwait, I'm pro- Isreal, I'm pro-Dubai, I'm Pro United Arab Emirates, I'm pro Turkey, and hell, now that they've settled down I'm even pro-Egypt and pro-Libya. I don't believe in F-ing with any country that isn't currently F-ing with us. Last I checked the map these country's were ALL in the middle east.
Mad Dog Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I'm really not interested in teaching an English lesson here. Look it up.

true enough but you can use the word "too" inplace of "also" which is basicly what I am doing. Go find your Fith Grade English book and look it up.

Oh, my bad.

Mad Dog Wrote:And after Iran aquires nukes, mabey they will slide one too Ol' Osama and mabey he will find some one too special deliver it too the United States?

In other words:

"And after Iran aquires nukes, mabey they will slide one also Ol' Osama and mabey he will find some one also special deliver it also the United States?"

Thanks for squaring me away on that. :Smile
Ok, so I'm not perfect sorry. Sometimes I get carried away with my "too's" I'll try to watch it in the future, my bad.

My grammar may have been bad in this particular example but the jist is real.