Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customer service...?
When we bought our home we inherited the final months of a heating/cooling service contract. With it, a local heating/cooling company comes out once in the fall and once in the spring to check the systems, and we get a 20% discount on any work that might be needed to fix/tune-up the system. Overall, the yearly fee for this seems pretty fair to me.

In mid May I got both a phonecall and a letter from this company, letting me know they are aware of the change in ownership and that they would be having somebody else call me to schedule a time when they can come out and do the spring checkup and discuss if I'd like to renew the contract. Sounds good to me. Didn't hear anything back from them until Friday-- when a bill comes for the NEW contract.

Today I called the company up and explained that there were two problems-- one, I never agreed to renew my contract, and two, they never sent anybody out for the spring checkup, so in a way, they hadn't ever fulfilled all the parts of the old contract. The guy I was speaking with started to feed me some line of excuses, "Well, we got busy, and then you know the weather, and there's the economy... we can get somebody out there eventually, so do you want to renew that contract?" I told him I'd get back to him about that, and he told me they needed to know right away, today if possible. I reiterated that I'd get back to him.

A little while later I called the company back. "I'm not going to make a decision on a new contract yet-- not until you guys complete your services for my old one first," I told the man (same one I spoke with earlier). "Ok, but you know, we just had gotten busy, and there was the ec-" he started to say, before I cut him off. "Quit making excuses, I don't want excuses, I want the service that has been paid for. You send somebody out to do the 'spring' checkup, here in JULY, and then we can talk about re-upping."

He the proceeded to try to give me grief when I told him they could come when I get home from work, 4:00 or after, but I mentioned their hours are until 5:30 each day, so they can just suck it up and come out when I'm available. I have no intention of getting a new service contract with these clowns.

Oh yeah, it's West Michigan Heating and Air Conditioning Services, for all of you in the GR area. Wink
Customer service doesn't exist anymore, except for people who scream until they get it, whether or not they deserve it.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Most of my customer service problems have been with health insurance companies. I go to doctors often to keep in tip-top shape and it used to be that I was being charged $100 every other visit for some so-called "surgery" like picking out a blackhead or similar. I'd call up the insurance company and get an attitude on the other end like it was my own fault for being charged and they can't help the charges. Even the managers tell me there's nothing they can do, I just have to pay what I'm charged (yea, ok).

Well I left them and got Aetna and they have been absolutely wonderful :thumbup:. Their rates are low and I don't get charged for bogus things. Whenever I have a question I call them up and immediately get a HUMAN BEING who quickly and nicely answers my question. And it's always a good answer, like, "Your check is in the mail, you should get it in a few days." I like them :clap:.
That's what she said.
Update in my most recent story in this thread.

After my phonecall to the heating/cooling company last week, I was told they'd setup an appointment with me by the end of the week. Of course, they never did.

Yesterday I called the company back up and asked to speak to a manager about my situation. I got put through, and started to explain what was going on. Just like the guy I spoke with a week prior, the excuses of weather and economy started to flow. "All excuses aside," I told him, "You guys need to get out here and fulfil the rest of the contract I have for service."

He mentioned that there was a note in my record saying I could only schedule things for after 4 in the afternoon. I told him that was correct, because it would be difficult to take time off of work, so it would just be best to do it in the afternoon, and considering that they advertise that they are open until 6, I don't see the issue. He told me that they like to leave afternoons open for emergancy appointments only. "And this doesn't qualify as one?" I asked. "It is the middle of July, and I still haven't gotten my spring tuneup from you guys, that seems like a bit of an emergant situation to me."

The manager continued to babble on about the weather and economy preventing them from coming out any sooner than they had, so I decided to just level with him. "Look, it's July already, I've been using my AC without issue, and something tells me it'll be August before you guys even get out to see me," I told him, "It's pointless for you to come give a 'spring' tuneup this late in the season. Instead, you guys will come out in the fall and give me a winter tuneup, and that will count as the last checkup on my service contract. Upon that, I will be parting ways with your services, and please do know, prior to all this stuff happening, I had every intent of re-upping on a new service contract with you guys."

I was told that sounded like a fair deal, and that they will come out in the fall. I'm not holding my breath, but you can sure bet that I'll be calling them every day this fall until they do their job.

And remember, Grand Rapids folks, this "awesome" customer service is brought to you by WEST MICHIGAN HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING, on Highland Drive in Hudsonville!
potthole Wrote:Hudsonville!

DID SOMEONE MENTION ICE CREAM?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
And oddly enough, the Hudsonville Ice Cream plant is in Holland.
You'd think those guys would have gotten through their heads:

"Hey, if we go out there and spend the 2 hours it takes to service his unit *snicker* we'll keep a customer"

Effing morons. Good luck Pothead
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
potthole Wrote:And oddly enough, the Hudsonville Ice Cream plant is in Holland.

And it used to be in Burnips
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Eat Shit WEST MICHIGAN HEATING AND COOLING!
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Wiener Poopie Wrote:Eat Shit WEST MICHIGAN HEATING AND COOLING!

YEAH!!!, EAT HIS SHIT!
YEAH, EAT HIS CORN FILLED SHIT!!!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
AND EAT MY ASS WEST MICHIGAN HEATING AND COOLING!

[Image: silver-jcc-spoon-pfp-1929.jpg]
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
This is a hoot, I pulled this from the company website. Bold and italic text is done by me...

Quote:Our continuing purpose is to provide customers with uncompromising installations and service at a fair price. We believe the following fundamental business principals can assure these ideals.

• High ethical and moral standards
• Professionally engineered systems
• Full time installation and service managers make scheduling easy, with one person for you to contact who will work with you to meet your schedules
• Conscientious craftsmanship with fabrication and installations
• Rapid response to service requests
• Follow-up inquiry for customer satisfaction assurance
• Lennox heating and air conditioning products - recognized by customers as the highest quality products in the HVAC industry
A new place to avoid - Petco.com. I recently got puppies and I placed an order with Petco over a week before their arrival so I'd have everything ready. One of my items was backordered but they didn't let me know until after I had paid. It should have taken 1 day to process and 1 day to ship, but I received my order 8 days later - after I received my puppies. I contacted customer service about this and they basically said, "Sorry you feel that way but it's not our fault." When I received the package, one of my items was wrong (I ordered a red nylon leash, I got a brown leather leash), and I got an item I didn't order (a turtle water conditioning rock?). I let these go because it wasn't worth the hassle of returning it.

Well yesterday I received an email telling me my item shipped - I opened the email and I get the information of some poor woman in Massachusetts. I now know her full name, address, and the fact that she wasn't home at 11:32am when UPS tried to drop off her package yesterday. If I were a less ethical person, this could be very dangerous information. Are they putting my info out there for anyone to see?

Please avoid shopping at Petco.com, but Petco is still ok.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:A new place to avoid - Petco.com. I recently got puppies and I placed an order with Petco over a week before their arrival so I'd have everything ready. One of my items was backordered but they didn't let me know until after I had paid. It should have taken 1 day to process and 1 day to ship, but I received my order 8 days later - after I received my puppies. I contacted customer service about this and they basically said, "Sorry you feel that way but it's not our fault." When I received the package, one of my items was wrong (I ordered a red nylon leash, I got a brown leather leash), and I got an item I didn't order (a turtle water conditioning rock?). I let these go because it wasn't worth the hassle of returning it.

Well yesterday I received an email telling me my item shipped - I opened the email and I get the information of some poor woman in Massachusetts. I now know her full name, address, and the fact that she wasn't home at 11:32am when UPS tried to drop off her package yesterday. If I were a less ethical person, this could be very dangerous information. Are they putting my info out there for anyone to see?

Please avoid shopping at Petco.com, but Petco is still ok.

Call them and threaten to call Matt Lauer with this information...SHIT WILL HIT THE FAN!1!

[Image: shitflying.jpg]

also, don't google ' shit fan ' ever