Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay/Lesbian Marriage ? ? ?
Are you for same sex marriage or against it ?

Personally I don't care. If you love someone and want to commit your life to them, good for you.
Wowie Groovie !
It doesn't bother me at all, as long as marriages stop at human-human. Once people start marrying their dogs or a tree I will throw a fit.
That's what she said.
Doesn't affect my life in any way what so ever, so who am i to say they can't?
Give them a civil union and all the rights of a marriage but don't call it a marriage.
Once again I find myself agreeing with Titan. If 2 guys or 2 hot chicks want to get married, I say let them be as miserable as the rest of us. I remember this from Chris Rock's act "Can't get married, can't fight in the military! Who's got it better than that?!"
I think it's ridiculous that there is still even a debate about it. I say if two consenting adults want to be married, then let them. Besides, aren't there all kinds of laws about discrimination? Seems to me that denying people the right to be legally married is pretty discriminatory. Nice double standard there.
beerbarella Wrote:I think it's ridiculous that there is still even a debate about it. I say if two consenting adults want to be married, then let them.

Should a man be legally able to marry his 18 year old daughter, if they both consent?
I'm against gay/lesbian marriage... but I'm also against straight marriage.
Fistor Wrote:
beerbarella Wrote:I think it's ridiculous that there is still even a debate about it. I say if two consenting adults want to be married, then let them.

Should a man be legally able to marry his 18 year old daughter, if they both consent?

That wasn't the question. I gave my opinion on gay/lesbian marriage. Nothing more nothing less.
I honestly don't mind, as long as the gay guy doesnt hit on me.
beerbarella Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Should a man be legally able to marry his 18 year old daughter, if they both consent?

That wasn't the question. I gave my opinion on gay/lesbian marriage. Nothing more nothing less.

And now he is interested in your opinion and asking a good question based on your statement...
beerbarella Wrote:I think it's ridiculous that there is still even a debate about it. I say if two consenting adults want to be married, then let them. Besides, aren't there all kinds of laws about discrimination? Seems to me that denying people the right to be legally married is pretty discriminatory. Nice double standard there.

I totally agree this is the government saying one religion in better than another. I also think gays should be allowed to serve openly in the military. I was in the Navy for five years as a corpsman (medic) and there were a few guy/bi sailors onboard ship. They never bothered me, and one was probably the best sailor I ever served with. He was sailor of the quarter and I think sailor of the year once. However, when he came out, he was discharged despite all his years of outstanding service.
beerbarella Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Should a man be legally able to marry his 18 year old daughter, if they both consent?

I was just pointing out the fact you didn't really think about your answer before posting it.
Gay people eat children and drink blood, do you want to see them getting married! But seriously im more of a traditional person that believes marriage is between a man and woman
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
[quote="wienerpoopie"]Gay people eat children and drink blood, do you want to see them getting married! But seriously im more of a traditional person that believes marriage is between a man and woman
Fistor Wrote:
beerbarella Wrote:That wasn't the question. I gave my opinion on gay/lesbian marriage. Nothing more nothing less.

I was just pointing out the fact you didn't really think about your answer before posting it.

Actually, I did think about my answer. I just didn't think it was necessary to add anything about icky incest. I'll fix it now for you...

I say if two consenting, unrelated to each other adults want to be married, then let them. Is that better? ;D
beerbarella Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I was just pointing out the fact you didn't really think about your answer before posting it.

Actually, I did think about my answer. I just didn't think it was necessary to add anything about icky incest. I'll fix it now for you...

I say if two consenting, unrelated to each other adults want to be married, then let them. Is that better? ;D

Why not let three consenting, unrelated to eachother adults who want to be mattied be married?
beerbarella Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I was just pointing out the fact you didn't really think about your answer before posting it.

I think the law officially states that two people can not be related closer than 2nd cousin in order to be married. I'm sure that would probably be extended to same sex marriage as well
Wowie Groovie !
Zee Wrote:
beerbarella Wrote:Actually, I did think about my answer. I just didn't think it was necessary to add anything about icky incest. I'll fix it now for you...

Why not let three consenting, unrelated to eachother adults who want to be mattied be married?

Sure, why not! They could call it a morgy.
Titan ! Wrote:Are you for same sex marriage or against it ?

Personally I don't care. If you love someone and want to commit your life to them, good for you.

Agreed, it's no one's business who marries whom. If people are uncomfortable calling it marriage..fine, at least give them equal rights. I believe the Declaration of Indepedence states "All men are created equal", not "All men are created equal, unless you love another man."
i think the should be allowed the same benefits through a 'union' or any word they decide but marriage is 'man vs. woman' to me
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i think the should be allowed the same benefits through a 'union' or any word they decide but marriage is 'man vs. woman' to me

I somewhat understand where you are coming from but the majority of straight couples make such a joke of marriage anyways. Does it really matter if gay couples want to get in on the joke?
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i think the should be allowed the same benefits through a 'union' or any word they decide but marriage is 'man vs. woman' to me

Man vs woman?

I guess it IS a battle til' death.
Gotta love the banner that comes up on Google Ads whenever I click this thread.

Gah.
Allyson Wrote:It doesn't bother me at all, as long as marriages stop at human-human. Once people start marrying their dogs or a tree I will throw a fit.

ha ha that is funny!

exalt!
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
Sorry this is long, but I think the following reasons point out the absurdity of the ban on gay marriage. Who effing cares?

"Top 16 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong

16. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

15. There are plenty of straight families looking to adopt, and every unwanted child already has a loving family. This is why foster care does not exist.

14. Conservatives know best how to create strong families. That is why it is not true that Texas and Mississippi have the highest teen birthrates, and Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire have the lowest. This is a myth spread by the liberal media.

13. Marriage is a religious institution, defined by churches. This is why atheists do not marry.

12. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why our society has no single parents.

11. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

10. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

9. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

8. Gay marriage should be decided by the people and their elected representatives, not the courts. The framers checked the courts, which represent mainstream public opinion, with legislatures created to protect the rights of minorities from the tyranny of the majority. Interference by courts in this matter is inappropriate, just as it has been every time the courts have tried to hold back legislatures pushing for civil rights.

7. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because "separate but equal" institutions are a good way to satisfy the demands of uppity minority groups.

5. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

4. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

3. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

2. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

1. METEORS and VOLCANOES."

I totally agree. Give them all the rights that married couples have but don't call it a marriage call it a union.
hotsauce Wrote:

I totally agree. Give them all the rights that married couples have but don't call it a marriage call it a union.

No comment on lovegrenade's post??
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
hotsauce Wrote:I totally agree. Give them all the rights that married couples have but don't call it a marriage call it a union.

No comment on lovegrenade's post??

Well i was going to put one, but then before i posted it, i reread lovegernades post just to make sure that i wasn't going to make an arce of myself. Those are the bull crap reasons that the GOVERNMENT made up for reasons to ban gay marriage, not his
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
Wait, did you people take those reasons seriously?

Those are jokes making fun of the obsurdity of the whole "anti-gay marriage" movement. They take common points that the anti-gay marriage people use and show why those points don't really make sense at all. Wow, I'm going to laugh (and then maybe cry) if people actually take this assinine list and use it to support there anti-gay agenda...
The right to be gay they have; the right to redefine "marriage" for all American's they should not!!!

Gay Life Moments and the Way we look at them:

Walking down the street with you hubby and two gay men are kissing and you totally have to restrain him from going and kicking their azz while shouting how f'ing peverted they are and they should be killed and other suggestions of where to go and where to shove it.

Walking down the street with your hubby and two lesbians gals are kissing and you look at him and he's obviously got some wood going so you remind him about his pace maker and to wipe his mouth cause he's drooling some.

It seemd funny to me when I was thinking about it. I may not have represented what I was thinking well in word form - sorry for my inability to put things well in worded form but I hope you see the irony of it.
For. Because I believe Louis Black when he says (and I'm paraphrasing here) "The only way same-sex marriage can affect a family is if two gay guys are f***ing in front of your children."
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
I thought it was funny LG, METEORS AND VOLCANOES!
I definitely think they should be allowed to marry. I don't have any funny cliches to back up my stance though. I think that in the future our children's children will look back on this issue the same way most of us look back on the government and slavery or women's right to vote. The words "how stupid were they back then" will be uttered in every history class!
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Marriage should be not be discriminatory based on gender. Make it legal, if the churches want to continue doing so, fine, and btw those money making institutions should start paying taxes too.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
PhanTom Wrote:The right to be gay they have; the right to redefine "marriage" for all American's they should not!!!

Sorry, meant to quote this in my previous post. Being gay is not a right, that's like saying being black is a right. It's not a conscious choice and a society of people thinking so have made many gay individuals live horrible lives of repression and self-hate and suffering. It's been around for thousands of years, it occurs in other animals, and there are biological reasons for how we are wired.

The rest of your post about the different way most of society views 2 men versus 2 women is spot on though, even most women would rather look at 2 females instead of 2 males.
Torque Wrote:Marriage should be not be discriminatory based on gender. Make it legal, if the churches want to continue doing so, fine, and btw those money making institutions should start paying taxes too.

I glike by the way you glthink!
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Show me how gay people are being discriminated against WRT marriage.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Show me how gay people are being discriminated against WRT marriage.

What does WRT stand for?
With respect to. Answer: they aren't allowed to