Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If your life was a movie...
Allyson Hannigan... She's me to a T
...who would you want to play you?

Personally, I would want Bruce Willis, just because yeah. And we have sort of the same build and awesome levels.

What about you guys?
Verne Troyer, were like brothers
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
I think Ed Norton would be able to pull me off pretty well. Usually pretty quiet, but with deep inner workings. Plus I think the looks aren't too far off.
I'd like to say Angelina Jolie but she's psycho. I think Ann Hathaway could play a good Allyson, but she needs a little more attitude. Maybe Sandra Bullock?
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:I'd like to say Angelina Jolie but she's psycho. I think Ann Hathaway could play a good Allyson, but she needs a little more attitude. Maybe Sandra Bullock?

Why is Angelina psycho?
Derek Wrote:Why is Angelina psycho?

Maybe it's that she wore Tommy Lee's blood around her neck and name on her arm. Or maybe it's the fact that she used to practically make out with her brother. Or [insert other crazy things she's done here]. Don't get me wrong, I respect her and I think she's a wonderful and generous woman. I just don't think she's quite right.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:

Maybe it's that she wore Tommy Lee's blood around her neck and name on her arm. Or maybe it's the fact that she used to practically make out with her brother. Or [insert other crazy things she's done here]. Don't get me wrong, I respect her and I think she's a wonderful and generous woman. I just don't think she's quite right.

Fair enough...I just saw wanted so all I can imagine is those awesome tattoos (even if they are fake)
Allyson Wrote:

Maybe it's that she wore Tommy Lee's blood around her neck and name on her arm.

Billy Bob's.
Can I just go ahead and cast Corky from Life Goes On as snatch's actor?
I'd be probably be played by Richard Karn. Crap.
Peachs Wrote:Allyson Hannigan... She's me to a T

Love her ! ! ! She's a big part of the reason I'm a Buffy fan.
Wowie Groovie !
Allyson Wrote:I'd like to say Angelina Jolie but she's psycho. I think Ann Hathaway could play a good Allyson, but she needs a little more attitude. Maybe Sandra Bullock?

I would come to see Anne Hathaway play you.
Wowie Groovie !
Seth Rogan.
Wowie Groovie !
Fistor Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Maybe it's that she wore Tommy Lee's blood around her neck and name on her arm.

Billy Bob's.

Duh! Forum foul but I won't modify it. I got the outrageous female celebrities mixed up.
That's what she said.
Couldn't those 3 have been put into one post titan?
Attitude wise - Helen Hunt
Looks wise - I have been told I look a lot like Sandra Bullock
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Derek Wrote:Couldn't those 3 have been put into one post titan?

Where are the instructions on how to do that ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Derek Wrote:Couldn't those 3 have been put into one post titan?

Where are the instructions on how to do that ?

Cut and paste, then cut and paste again . . . then cut and paste ONE more time and you'll have all three quotes, all you gotta do is go between the right posts. Wink
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Where are the instructions on how to do that ?

Cut and paste, then cut and paste again . . . then cut and paste ONE more time and you'll have all three quotes, all you gotta do is go between the right posts. Wink

Nah, my way is easier.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Cut and paste, then cut and paste again . . . then cut and paste ONE more time and you'll have all three quotes, all you gotta do is go between the right posts. Wink

Nah, my way is easier.

Sure is . . . kinda like Burger King . . .have it your way!!
Titan ! Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:Allyson Hannigan... She's me to a T

Love her ! ! ! She's a big part of the reason I'm a Buffy fan.

cool, she and I have sortof the same real life humor... I've seen some of her interviews she rocks
this is sort of related... i spent last saturday at my friend's camp, and her 5 year old daughter likes me. there's some guy from the movie" final destination 3" that she's in love with. i've never seen it, but his name starts with an "m." anyway, she made a comment to her mom that that dude was "100 cute" and i'm "90 cute."
kids don't sugar-coat. i'm 90-effin-% hot.
but yeah, i guess i'll pick that guy.
dingdongyo Wrote:this is sort of related... i spent last saturday at my friend's camp, and her 5 year old daughter likes me. there's some guy from the movie" final destination 3" that she's in love with. i've never seen it, but his name starts with an "m." anyway, she made a comment to her mom that that dude was "100 cute" and i'm "90 cute."
kids don't sugar-coat. i'm 90-effin-% hot.
but yeah, i guess i'll pick that guy.

Why does a 5 year old know a character from an R rated thriller?
Fistor Wrote:Why does a 5 year old know a character from an R rated thriller?

she can also drink me under the table.
but only hard stuff. carbonation upsets her tummy.
dingdongyo Wrote:

Seriously, I think that's a bit Effed up.
dingdongyo Wrote:

Kid's these days, they grow up fast and hard.

90% hot ? That's pretty good.
Wowie Groovie !
Also, a 5 year old that knows from "hotness"? What the Eff?
Fistor Wrote:Seriously, I think that's a bit effed up.

ok?
i'm kind of taking offense. she's a regular little girl: plays with dolls, likes the beach, likes being center of attention, squeezes the cat's tail no matter how many times you tell her not to, and likes kids movies just as much as adult ones.
i don't want to turn it into another way off topic argument, but you can at least see why i want to defend them, right? after comments like that?

Fistor Wrote:Also, a 5 year old that knows from "hotness"? What the eff?

she used the word "cute." i turned it into "hot" to bloat my own head. quotes are used for a reason.

Titan ! Wrote:Kid's these days, they grow up fast and hard.

tell me about it. she starts kindergarten in august. i hardly ever get to see them, but she's always changed whenever i do. kinda sad, i wish i got to hang with them more.
dingdongyo Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Seriously, I think that's a bit effed up.

ok?
i'm kind of taking offense. she's a regular little girl: plays with dolls, likes the beach, likes being center of attention, squeezes the cat's tail no matter how many times you tell her not to, and likes kids movies just as much as adult ones.
i don't want to turn it into another way off topic argument, but you can at least see why i want to defend them, right? after comments like that?

Absolutely, defend away. It's expected.

I still think allowing a 5 year old to watch movies with gore isn't right, at all. Some parents don't see a problem with it, but I disagree. That stuff has an effect on children, wouldn't you agree?
[quote author=fistor board=bs thread=817 post=14829 time=1216131097]
Quote:Absolutely, defend away. It's expected.

I still think allowing a 5 year old to watch movies with gore isn't right, at all. Some parents don't see a problem with it, but I disagree. That stuff has an effect on children, wouldn't you agree?

it depends a lot on the kid, the parents, the environment, all that stuff. i watched scary movies as a kid, and they gave me nightmares. but it didn't make me violent. anytime i got really freaked out, somebody was there to run to and just not be alone with. that made me feel better.
i don't know their situation well enough to predict anything, and i wouldn't share it if i did. but i'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. she seems like a normal, funny little girl to me.
dingdongyo Wrote:[quote author=fistor board=bs thread=817 post=14829 time=1216131097]
Quote:Absolutely, defend away. It's expected.

it depends a lot on the kid, the parents, the environment, all that stuff. i watched scary movies as a kid, and they gave me nightmares. but it didn't make me violent. anytime i got really freaked out, somebody was there to run to and just not be alone with. that made me feel better.
i don't know their situation well enough to predict anything, and i wouldn't share it if i did. but i'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. she seems like a normal, funny little girl to me.

I think where you and I differ is this: I wouldn't let my 5 year old watch a movie if I thought it would give him a nightmare. Nightmares are utterly terrifying to little kids. I just wouldn't subject my kid to that.
Exalt for fistor. Billy Idol gets it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Fistor Wrote:I think where you and I differ is this: I wouldn't let my 5 year old watch a movie if I thought it would give him a nightmare. Nightmares are utterly terrifying to little kids. I just wouldn't subject my kid to that.

well, i'm not a parent. this is my friend's daughter. but that's probably why our opinions differ, in any case.
i have no idea whether or not she has nightmares over this movie. but i know she loves it. so much, that her mom deleted it off the dvr to get her to move on.
there's curiosity, there's imagination, there's scary images, and i think there's value in a kid learning that, no matter how much it freaks them out, nightmares can't really hurt them. enough to be worth the stress? i don't know. like i said, i can only speak on my personal behalf as a kid. and i'm fine with it.
nothing against you wanting to protect your child. of course you would. you're just protecting them from a movie.
dingdongyo Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I think where you and I differ is this: I wouldn't let my 5 year old watch a movie if I thought it would give him a nightmare. Nightmares are utterly terrifying to little kids. I just wouldn't subject my kid to that.

well, i'm not a parent. this is my friend's daughter. but that's probably why our opinions differ, in any case.
i have no idea whether or not she has nightmares over this movie. but i know she loves it. so much, that her mom deleted it off the dvr to get her to move on.
there's curiosity, there's imagination, there's scary images, and i think there's value in a kid learning that, no matter how much it freaks them out, nightmares can't really hurt them. enough to be worth the stress? i don't know. like i said, i can only speak on my personal behalf as a kid. and i'm fine with it.
nothing against you wanting to protect your child. of course you would. you're just protecting them from a movie.

I know it's not your kid.

Also, I probably would share your same stance if I were younger and didn't have kids. But the minds of children are extremely impressionable. They are sponges to everything around them. I feel it's important to try to fill their environments with as much positive stuff as possible. An R rated horror flick would not be on that list. In fact, I think that's pretty damn irresponsible, to expose a 5 year old to a movie like that.

And nightmares really can screw up a kid. Not permanently, of course, but they can really mess with a kid's mind. They're not equipped to handle the same stimuli an adult can. I can still remember some of the nightmares I had when I was that age, can't you? They profoundly affect children and really shouldn't be treated lightly.
Fistor Wrote:I know it's not your kid.

Also, I probably would share your same stance if I were younger and didn't have kids. But the minds of children are extremely impressionable. They are sponges to everything around them. I feel it's important to try to fill their environments with as much positive stuff as possible. An R rated horror flick would not be on that list. In fact, I think that's pretty damn irresponsible, to expose a 5 year old to a movie like that.

And nightmares really can screw up a kid. Not permanently, of course, but they can really mess with a kid's mind. They're not equipped to handle the same stimuli an adult can. I can still remember some of the nightmares I had when I was that age, can't you? They profoundly affect children and really shouldn't be treated lightly.

to answer your question, yes i do remember some of those nightmares. that says something all by itself. i also remember feeling pretty stupid that it ever bothered me a couple years later. i always thought that was part of growing up.
i still think the only thing you can really say in general is that it depends on a bunch of factors if the kid can handle it.
in this particular case, i happen to have a lot of confidence in this mom, and i'm sure if it bothered her daughter at all to watch this movie, even though the little one really dug it, she would have gotten rid of it immediately. that's the last i'll say about it here. if you'd like to keep discussing, i'll send you a pm or something.
dingdongyo Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I know it's not your kid.

to answer your question, yes i do remember some of those nightmares. that says something all by itself. i also remember feeling pretty stupid that it ever bothered me a couple years later. i always thought that was part of growing up.
i still think the only thing you can really say in general is that it depends on a bunch of factors if the kid can handle it.
in this particular case, i happen to have a lot of confidence in this mom, and i'm sure if it bothered her daughter at all to watch this movie, even though the little one really dug it, she would have gotten rid of it immediately. that's the last i'll say about it here. if you'd like to keep discussing, i'll send you a pm or something.

Fair enough. I think we've stated each other's positions on this satisfactorily.