Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080714/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush

In my opinion this is a band aid on a gun shot wound, or as Jon Stewart would say
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Until some genius comes up with an alternative fuel that that is less expensive, more abundant and less damaging to the environment we are slaves to the oil companies. They have really got our nuts in a wringer. While I think U.S. Americans have it pretty easy compared to the rest of the world, I do wonder when the madness will end. My solution to the whole situation is this-the first company to build an efficient, reliable, (God I hate this term) green car gets exclusive contract rights to U.S. government fleet vehicles. The postal service alone would make that deal worthwhile. Then the rest of us can buy these cars and we can give the finger to the Middle East and stop drilling. Now if we could only give Detroit some motivation......
wingospagettio Wrote:Until some genius comes up with an alternative fuel that that is less expensive, more abundant and less damaging to the environment we are slaves to the oil companies. They have really got our nuts in a wringer. While I think U.S. Americans have it pretty easy compared to the rest of the world, I do wonder when the madness will end. My solution to the whole situation is this-the first company to build an efficient, reliable, (God I hate this term) green car gets exclusive contract rights to U.S. government fleet vehicles. The postal service alone would make that deal worthwhile. Then the rest of us can buy these cars and we can give the finger to the Middle East and stop drilling. Now if we could only give Detroit some motivation......

Yes, because exclusive contracts with the government always work. No one ever gets screwed in those (protip: the taxpayers get screwed).
enviromental effects of drilling oil? Tell me your not one of the people against drilling oil in Alaska. If you would like to pay $6 a gallon go for it. I dont know the source, but i read from a reputable source that the size of land needed to drill all the oil in Alaska would be like putting a nickel in LAX (Los Angeles Airport). It has hardly any environmental effect, and plus the animals love the pipelines. I've been to Alaska and the animals all sleep under it because it gives them warmth.
I would absolutely pay $6 a gallon for gas to not drill In Alaska, only selfish a-holes would destroy future generations preserved lands to save some coin. And im sure you
Holy Eff!

Wienerpoopie is an adult!
tree huggers.
kaboobie92 Wrote:tree huggers.

Rush worshippers. :Smile
For all your ANWR needs. Be sure to check out the pictures of caribou, bear, owls, etc hanging out on and around the pipeline. Also note the caribou's population explosion over the past 30 years. We can coexist.

http://anwr.org/
Their population increase could be the result of something other than a oil pipeline, say maybe the temperature increasing producing more vegetation for the wildlife to eat (yes the world is becoming warmer, rather its from humans is up for debate) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25419299/. The wildlife aspect of this is only part of the debate anyways, were does it end to stop looking for oil and start being productive in alternative energy like solar, wind, and geothermal. When are U.S. companies going to begin mass producing electric vehicles to run on these alternative energies?
wienerpoopie Wrote:Their population increase could be the result of something other than a oil pipeline, say maybe the temperature increasing producing more vegetation for the wildlife to eat (yes the world is becoming warmer, rather its from humans is up for debate) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25419299/. The wildlife aspect of this is only part of the debate anyways, were does it end to stop looking for oil and start being productive in alternative energy like solar, wind, and geothermal. When are U.S. companies going to begin mass producing electric vehicles to run on these alternative energies?

I've never wanted you more than I do right now.

I'm not gay or anything, but if you were here, I'd kiss you right on the mouth.
wienerpoopie Wrote:Their population increase could be the result of something other than a oil pipeline, say maybe the temperature increasing producing more vegetation for the wildlife to eat (yes the world is becoming warmer, rather its from humans is up for debate) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25419299/. The wildlife aspect of this is only part of the debate anyways, were does it end to stop looking for oil and start being productive in alternative energy like solar, wind, and geothermal. When are U.S. companies going to begin mass producing electric vehicles to run on these alternative energies?
I didn't say the pipeline caused the population growth, just that it didn't harm the caribou. Why don't we drill for the oil needed and look for alternatives at the same time? Would you get rid of the smoke detector in your house because it doesn't deter burglars?
i have to agree with dr. wiener poopie and fistor in some respect. In order to really put the pressure on finding alternative fuels, gas prices have to rise significantly. We need more motivation to develop this technology faster, and get it to the streets quicker. If we drilled all the oil and gas prices went down again, research would slow down, only to cause the same predicament when our oil ran out.
kaboobie92 Wrote:enviromental effects of drilling oil? Tell me your not one of the people against drilling oil in Alaska. If you would like to pay $6 a gallon go for it. I dont know the source, but i read from a reputable source that the size of land needed to drill all the oil in Alaska would be like putting a nickel in LAX (Los Angeles Airport). It has hardly any environmental effect, and plus the animals love the pipelines. I've been to Alaska and the animals all sleep under it because it gives them warmth.

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you say things like this?

That's right, they don't.
speedbump Wrote:
kaboobie92 Wrote:enviromental effects of drilling oil? Tell me your not one of the people against drilling oil in Alaska. If you would like to pay $6 a gallon go for it. I dont know the source, but i read from a reputable source that the size of land needed to drill all the oil in Alaska would be like putting a nickel in LAX (Los Angeles Airport). It has hardly any environmental effect, and plus the animals love the pipelines. I've been to Alaska and the animals all sleep under it because it gives them warmth.

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you say things like this?

And if you read my post you'd see actual pictures of the wildlife co-existing with the pipeline, and you'd also see that the Alaska Dept of Wildlife's census of animals has shown a huge increase in the caribou population over the last 30 to 40 years, depsite the pipeline's presence. But you don't care about facts as long as you can rant and rave and stick some juvenile snark in.
dasbow Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you say things like this?

And if you read my post you'd see actual pictures of the wildlife co-existing with the pipeline, and you'd also see that the Alaska Dept of Wildlife's census of animals has shown a huge increase in the caribou population over the last 30 to 40 years, depsite the pipeline's presence. But you don't care about facts as long as you can rant and rave and stick some juvenile snark in.

I was referring to his "I don't remember the source, but I DO remember it was reputable"

And like someone said a few posts back, there's no proof that the pipeline and increase in wildlife is related.
speedbump Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:And if you read my post you'd see actual pictures of the wildlife co-existing with the pipeline, and you'd also see that the Alaska Dept of Wildlife's census of animals has shown a huge increase in the caribou population over the last 30 to 40 years, depsite the pipeline's presence. But you don't care about facts as long as you can rant and rave and stick some juvenile snark in.

I was referring to his "I don't remember the source, but I DO remember it was reputable"

And like someone said a few posts back, there's no proof that the pipeline and increase in wildlife is related.
And like I said, it only proves that the pipeline isn't harming the caribou. I was careful to note that I don't think the pipeline caused the population boom, but clearly it's not having a negative impact. Speaking of negative impact, it must be time to stop drinking because I just typed 'pieline' twice.
dasbow Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:I was referring to his "I don't remember the source, but I DO remember it was reputable"

And like I said, it only proves that the pipeline isn't harming the caribou. I was careful to note that I don't think the pipeline caused the population boom, but clearly it's not having a negative impact. Speaking of negative impact, it must be time to stop drinking because I just typed 'pieline' twice.

Cigarettes don't kill at the first smoke, and the oil spills have killed a lot of wildlife.

But yeah, right now we don't see a negative impact. But regardless of whether it does destroy wildlife, it certainly is a nice eyesore.
[quote="wienerpoopie"]I would absolutely pay $6 a gallon for gas to not drill In Alaska, only selfish a-holes would destroy future generations preserved lands to save some coin. And im sure you
[quote="Brian"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]I would absolutely pay $6 a gallon for gas to not drill In Alaska, only selfish a-holes would destroy future generations preserved lands to save some coin. And im sure you
speedbump Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:And like I said, it only proves that the pipeline isn't harming the caribou. I was careful to note that I don't think the pipeline caused the population boom, but clearly it's not having a negative impact. Speaking of negative impact, it must be time to stop drinking because I just typed 'pieline' twice.

Cigarettes don't kill at the first smoke, and the oil spills have killed a lot of wildlife.

But yeah, right now we don't see a negative impact. But regardless of whether it does destroy wildlife, it certainly is a nice eyesore.
Cigarettes have a cumulative effect on the smoker. It's not like the oil companies are going to turn on a well and just let it run on the ground for years. As far as being an eyesore: first, no one is around to see it, and second, Alaska is a huge piece of land, and a pipeline isn't all that wide. It's no more an eyesore than a highway running across the prairie - move 1/2 a mile away and you'd never know it was there.
If i had faith that they (government) were actually attempting alternate sources of portable fuel I'd say don't drill. As I don't beleive anything that they say I'm saying drill, yes the gas prices won't drop but they'll climb slower, our economy needs a bandaid even if it is small.

Septic Pumping for example, pumping a small septic has climbed from $100 to $150. Why? Fuel, the fuel it costs to get there and then run to spread/treat it

We're all getting hosed, step away from the parties and write in Biff or Titan or Fistor or Mr. Dr. Poopie...I don't care as long as they have no affiliates and will keep away from them.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
It's like you guys are the same person.

OMG YER BOTH FAYGS!!!@#
Fistor Wrote:It's like you guys are the same person.

OMG YER BOTH FAYGS!!!@#

what? Poopie by no means wants to drill....

I say drill as I know the government isn't doing shit to make a real fix...like i said we need a bandaid no matter the size
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:It's like you guys are the same person.

OMG YER BOTH FAYGS!!!@#

what? Poopie by no means wants to drill....

I say drill as I know the government isn't doing shit to make a real fix...like i said we need a bandaid no matter the size

I read it as you guys being the same person, and so, during the conversation, poopiesnatch made a slight consession in his stance.

yerprolllystillbothfaygstho
My stance has not changed; the only way I would like to see them drill in protected areas is if the economy was at the brink. Higher prices are affecting me as much as anybody but I don
I don't want the government stepping in at all, I want them to get out of the way as much as is feasible. I'm all for common sense regulation, but government control of anything almost always makes things worse. Look at Amtrak, for example. A money losing boondoggle from Day 1.
dasbow Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you say things like this?

He's got a point here. I remember seeing a picture of George Bush in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner, and we all know how that went. Flawlessly...
dasbow Wrote:I don't want the government stepping in at all, I want them to get out of the way as much as is feasible. I'm all for common sense regulation, but government control of anything almost always makes things worse. Look at Amtrak, for example. A money losing boondoggle from Day 1.

well said
kaboobie92 Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:I don't want the government stepping in at all, I want them to get out of the way as much as is feasible. I'm all for common sense regulation, but government control of anything almost always makes things worse. Look at Amtrak, for example. A money losing boondoggle from Day 1.

well said

But honestly how far can we get without the government helping us (although I do agree with both of you)
[quote="wienerpoopie"]I would absolutely pay $6 a gallon for gas to not drill In Alaska, [only selfish a-holes would destroy future generations preserved lands to save some coin.] And im sure you
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
[quote="Mad Dog"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]I would absolutely pay $6 a gallon for gas to not drill In Alaska, [only selfish a-holes would destroy future generations preserved lands to save some coin.] And im sure you
I remember back in the mid-70's, my new best friend in school had just returned from Alaska where her Dad was working on a pipeline. This thread really brought back some good memories of that.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
[quote="wienerpoopie"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080714/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush

In my opinion this is a band aid on a gun shot wound, or as Jon Stewart would say
[quote="xxsloshxx"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080714/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush

The "haves" in this country know that their oil investments have a shelf life and are going to milk them for all they can. It's about MONEY, not oil. The environmental issues are only to distract. Nobody that's anybody, really cares and/or can do anything about it.
jus' P Wrote:The "haves" in this country know that their oil investments have a shelf life and are going to milk them for all they can. It's about MONEY, not oil. The environmental issues are only to distract. Nobody that's anybody, really cares and/or can do anything about it.

If you have a 401k then you are benefiting from the oil profits.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:The "haves" in this country know that their oil investments have a shelf life and are going to milk them for all they can. It's about MONEY, not oil. The environmental issues are only to distract. Nobody that's anybody, really cares and/or can do anything about it.

I don't, but not for that reason. All my hard earned is spent at the Kroger(groceries) and gas.
Admin Wrote:

Wrong Biff, my money is only invested in puppies and kittens
one word, Drill.