Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bump music suggestions
No More Tears By Ozzy
Backyard Babies - Minus Celcius. (Its even on Guitar Hero III, so its not that obscure)
"Voodoo Child" by Jimi Hendrix
They don't want screaming dog shit. They don't want anything too crunchy (which is unfortunate; dirty, low end crunch is where it's at.) But here's 10 safe selections:

-Lil Devil The Cult
-Rock & Roll Damnation AC/DC
-Fly Me Courageous Drivin' & Cryin'
-Get The Lead Out Aerosmith
-Beatin' The Odds Molly Hatchet
-Unchained Van Halen
-Drop Dead Legs Van Halen
-Breakdown Tantric
-Use Me Bill Withers
-Foggy Mtn. Breakdown Flatt & Scruggs (for both the listeners in Ft. Smith)
Philly Mike Wrote:Actually now that I am listening to it, the intro for expendable youth would make a good one. Good yet not too fast long intro.

THAT is an excellent choice. They'd have to play it at least until the double bass drums kick in, though.

South of Heaven is my favorite Slayer album, but I'll always maintain that Postmortem/Raining Blood (from Reign in Blood) are the greatest 7 or 8 consecutive minutes in metal history.
bombsaway Wrote:They don't want screaming dog shit.

If this is in reference to the Slayer talk, clearly you've never heard the songs mentioned.

A lot of Slayer stuff is waaaay over the top for me, but they did have some excellent driving beats and guitar work in a lot of their stuff.
Fistor Wrote:
bombsaway Wrote:They don't want screaming dog shit.

If this is in reference to the Slayer talk, clearly you've never heard the songs mentioned.

A lot of Slayer stuff is waaaay over the top for me, but they did have some excellent driving beats and guitar work in a lot of their stuff.

That's one of the reasons I can actually listen to them, yeah there are songs that are yelling like war ensemble, but then you have something like dead skin mask or expendable youth like I mentioned earlier.

unlike Coal Chamber or bands like that where it's a bunch of growling and yelling.

That plus the guitar work is very well done like fistor said.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Jane's Addiction - Just Because
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GzQVOWwAPmQ
sick intro.

also...
Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit
Foo Fighters - Times like these
Pearl Jam - Alive
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Philly Mike Wrote:That's one of the reasons I can actually listen to them, yeah there are songs that are yelling like war ensemble, but then you have something like dead skin mask or expendable youth like I mentioned earlier.

War Ensemble's lyrics are intelligible. That sound sounds like war. It definitely creates "the mood".

Slayer has released the same album 10 times and it really never gets old. They write incredible riffs and I love it when I hear Joe Average guitarist just sit down and rip some out.

That said, you are right in that they have some yelling clunkers too.

For me South of Heaven and Seasons are the best. I don't have much opportunity to listen to them because I don't want to frighten my wife and children.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:For me South of Heaven and Seasons are the best. I don't have much opportunity to listen to them because I don't want to frighten my wife and children.

Ditto.

I think you might be me.
We are all here together?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I would like to see Running with the Devil by none other than Van Halen

Or better yet you could do a rendition of :

"hey Joe tell me how my #$%^ tastes"
I've got a couple suggestions....

Extreme Ways - Moby (it's the theme from the Bourne movies)

Heavy - Collective Soul
I'm gonna 4th the Dragonforce "Through the Fire and the Flames" and 2nd Ted Nugent's "Stranglehold"!

but in the end we all know that the bump music should be the theme song from "Team America World Police"!
donttasemebro Wrote:but in the end we all know that the bump music should be the theme song from "Team America World Police"!

If you want to go with a DVDA song, then "Now You're A Man" is an even better choice than that!
i third stranglehold...and what about CSNY - woodstock, or Deep Purple - Hush, or Donny Iris - Ah Leah
Hero by Pop Evil
Panama by Van Halen
I'm Shipping Up to Boston by The Dropkick Murphys
Sunburn by Fuel
Bodies - Disturbed - when they start screaming floor
kaboobie92 Wrote:
buchholz Wrote:Click Click Boom by Saliva

nate?

who's nate?
zanessweater Wrote:Bodies - Disturbed - when they start screaming floor

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that you meant "Let the bodies hit the floor" by Drowning Pool.....not Disturbed.
the piano intro to Lie Lie Lie by serj tankian
Take on me, A-ha

Started the 1st 15 second fight.
I suggested Stranglehold by Ted Nugent. That song was made to be bump music.

On an ironic note, yesterday Hotwings said he doesn't want Rage Against the Machine because Zach D R is a "Angry Commie". Well my friends, Tom Morello (sp?) the lead guitarist from Audioslave, is also the lead guitarist of Rage and he is in fact also an "Angry Commie". So, are you going to ax the Audioslave?
I am saddened that I Hate To Say I Told You So didn't make it. Especially when I hear the stuff they chose pales in comparison.

Fistor's voice is silenced once again. Yet he rules. Still.
I enjoyed, for the most part, the bumps. However, they must remove the Stevie Ray Vaughn selection (I can't remember the name of the song right now.) Now, don't get me wrong I looove Stevie Ray Vaughn. It is just the particular song that they used is a bump that those talentless ass-clowns, John Boy and Billy use. And, if any of you have never experienced the joy that is John Boy and Billy...well my friends, ya'll have missed out. Worse than Bob and Tom by far and syndicated maybe as much or more.
brytn Wrote:I enjoyed, for the most part, the bumps. However, they must remove the Stevie Ray Vaughn selection (I can't remember the name of the song right now.) Now, don't get me wrong I looove Stevie Ray Vaughn. It is just the particular song that they used is a bump that those talentless ass-clowns, John Boy and Billy use. And, if any of you have never experienced the joy that is John Boy and Billy...well my friends, ya'll have missed out. Worse than Bob and Tom by far and syndicated maybe as much or more.

John Boy's laugh is as bad as Bob's.
buchholz Wrote:
zanessweater Wrote:Bodies - Disturbed - when they start screaming floor

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that you meant "Let the bodies hit the floor" by Drowning Pool.....not Disturbed.

Yes, that is what I meant - Rock is not my "genre" but I listen to that song in the gym - it gets me going - it's probably the best thing i got from my a-hole ex. Thanks for the correction!
How about Good People by Jack Johnson.
Papa Loves Mambo - Perry Como
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT8CqEllJVo

Word Up - Cameo (and covered by Korn)

A podcast I listened to has intro music from a Detroit band called Celldweller. InstruMetal music.

Also, can't go wrong with anything by Crystal Method.
Anything by Metallica (!) Evanescence, Disturbed, Godsmack, Flyleaf,or Wierd Al.
Wowie Groovie !
Malignant Narcissism by Rush. A short musical from the new album that was nominated for a Grammy. It's got a great hook and kickin' bass (which they love).
Mister Five Wrote:A podcast I listened to has intro music from a Detroit band called Celldweller. InstruMetal music.

Also, can't go wrong with anything by Crystal Method.

Mega karma to you for knowing these two bands. Celldweller used to have a band out of New York called "Circle of Dust". The "Brainchild" cd, while hard to find, is a must have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbVX_gMnF...re=related
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Day of the Eagle - Robin Trower.
Building the Church - Steve Vai (just past the intro).
Spellbound - Triumph
Alice in Chains-Man in the Box
Pearl Jam - Alive
blood is thicker than water by black label society
I like it the way it was!!!
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!