Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New morning competition in the Grand Rapids area
And by competition I mean "failure".

[Image: 2859818.jpg]

Opie and Anthony are out. In comes Kluck from WRKR in Kalamazoo. Two guys who have never worked together doing a morning show on a station with very little to offer other than the improving music selection.

It's probably a money saver for KLQ this way.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
This is a little sad... i've always been a huge Michael Grey fan. He filled in for pock-face a few times, and I thought he did an excellent job.

If he had a sports show, i'd listen, but I can't cheat on FB and HW with him.
Admin Wrote:And by competition I mean "failure".

on a station with very little to offer other than the improving music selection

maybe grd should work on their music selection as well. nothin but assy music on the radio.
Just heard an ad for this while driving home from our round of golf, Biff. It'll be interesting to see how these guys fare.
When do they start? It will be time to starting harasing!
I believe they start 6 a.m. on the 21st of July.
id say give them a chance before we harass. But when they start failing, its on.
is it me or does that douche kluck look like a fat bam margera
I am pretty sure it will be terrible. I am from Kalamazoo and have heard Kluck a couple times on WRKR. I believe he was the guy that got in trouble for saying that if he only had one hour to live he would rape a woman. How classy. He fits the "dick" radio stereotype very well.
Do they have a message board? If so, we should jihad that bitch.
Fistor Wrote:Do they have a message board? If so, we should jihad that bitch.

ha~!

+1
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Fistor Wrote:Do they have a message board? If so, we should jihad that bitch.

Har, har, har. Just because it's your birthday, I won't smite you.
dopeyflea Wrote:is it me or does that douche kluck look like a fat bam margera

i'm with you. i didn't read the text at first and just looked at the pic going "why'd he photoshop Bam Margera next to Grey?"
Apparently Grey didn't learn the last time he was in the morning slot... He got replaced by FB&HW.

I like Grey a lot, hell... Him and Bronson in the PM drive on GRD were great. But he bombed seriously in the Morning on GRD.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Good luck Grey and Kluck, but be prepared to get owned.
Opus Wrote:Apparently Grey didn't learn the last time he was in the morning slot... He got replaced by FB&HW.

I like Grey a lot, hell... Him and Bronson in the PM drive on GRD were great. But he bombed seriously in the Morning on GRD.

I remember the Bronson and Michael days. I loved those guys. Especially when they were doing Road Rage Traffic and after every accident Grey would go "cr-ash." Those guys were great.
Michael Grey is a great radio personality, im interested in hearing how they do
I like it...I'm actually in the Lansing area, and Lansing radio SUUUUUUUKS and I can pick up KLQ really good. For my drive into work I can listen to real music other than POP classic rock. But once I get into work I stream FB&HW Wink

Bronson and Michael were good.

*edit*

There was a funny part too. Caller was bitching that KLQ dump Opey and Anthony say that they were much better than FB&HW. Grey simply said "Not according to the ratings". LOL
Were I live 107.7 is about all that comes in so instinctively I absolutely hate Kluck, I have heard that mourning show for the past few years and it was the most repetitive thing on radio. But now I get to stream GRD, thank god.
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
I caught a couple of minutes of the show, during commercials on FBHW. All I heard, though, was a news update, so I couldn't get a feel for things.
I heard some of it in the commercial breaks and they are copying FB&HW they have a "new" sound effects machine they don't know how to use. And from what i heard it was real boring, there was also a lot of music cause they had nothing to talk about.
How long before they begin poaching the good stuff? Probably won't be too long before they come out with "Name that .......Song". They should do it before Puddin gets his meaty fingers on it.
I think this is doom to fail. Grey is awesome and did well at GRD when he did mornings with Mrs. Webb; however, when she left to do TV that was the end for him. He as Spud? Didn't have the chemistry that he had with Webb. Also there must have been some internal issues since I belive he was the program director.

I would switch from GRD to KLQ in the afternoon to listen to Grey.
The only problem I have with Grey is he is how he talks to women he interviews on the phone. It's creepy. He keeps reminding them how hot they are. He's one step away from begging to photograph them.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:The only problem I have with Grey is he is how he talks to women he interviews on the phone. It's creepy. He keeps reminding them how hot they are. He's one step away from begging to photograph them.

ha! +1
Admin Wrote:He's one step away from begging to photograph them.

i think i just figured out where he went....
I dialed over and listened and it's as bad as I thought it would be. Ugly Bitch has spoken.
I listened becuase I was sick of FBHW making stupid ass fart jokes
Derek Wrote:I listened becuase I was sick of FBHW making stupid ass fart jokes

That started funny but went a little long
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
"Kluck" looks like he's trying to be Bam Margera
Does anyone know what happened to Opie and Anthony? I hated them compared to FBHW, but it was better than commercials.
Fistor Wrote:
Admin Wrote:He's one step away from begging to photograph them.

i think i just figured out where he went....

"could it be.......titan" read in dana carvey church lady voice
justice and jim show was pretty funny, but not better than freebeer and hotwings show.
got cut off the network
So O&A just got dropped by KLQ? They didn't get fired completely?
Devilmaker Wrote:So O&A just got dropped by KLQ? They didn't get fired completely?

They're syndicated. KLQ didn't renew their contract.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Ah. Thanks, Biff.
I admit that I've been catching the new show on KLQ and it isn't half bad. It's been mainly sports talk during that time. Grey really still has grudge against GRD. Even though he was fired they still had a no compete clause that he couldn't work in GR for a year I think. That doesn't seem right since he was fired and didn't quit. I mean, he was doomed after SW left, but they could have moved him back to midmornings or evengings.
Kluck is good. Grey is forcing it. He was okay in the afternoons but he will end up being the anchor. The age difference is going to be enough of a hindrance for this show as it is without Michael Grey being that "friend of a friend" who gets invited to the parties and no one really knows why.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I flipped over to G&K during a FB&HW commercial break and caught a rather heated phone call. Opie and Anthony called them on the air and chewed them out for getting canned in GR. Grey held his ground pretty good, I thought. Apparently the phone call was also on the O&A show as well, because they were playing sound effects and stuff.

Opie told them they would fail because Grey is a program director, and it's impossible to do both jobs. Grey fired back saying if they spent half the effort on GR as they're putting in with this one call, they'd still probably be on the air here. Grey also told them he was embarrassed that O&A were consistently getting slammed in the ratings by a show called "Free Beer and Hot Wings". Opie fired back, asking Grey if they think they can beat Free Beer and Hot Wings in the ratings. Grey said, "Not off the bat, no, but we're building it up." Opie laughed at that one.

Very interesting volley back and forth. I was fascinated for a minute, then I switched back to FB&HW.