Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Several podcast concerns
1 - C'mon Zane, this is getting annoying! Missing segment 11 from Friday, segment 12 from Thursday (it's there but it's a commercial), and segment 11 from Wednesday (it's there but it's a commercial). I probably woudn't have noticed Friday's was missing if I had not gone to the website and noticed videos that I didn't hear get talked about.
P.S. "now" is not spelled "know" ...as in "where are they now viral."

2 - Podcasts need to be named differently so that they play in the correct order on our iPods. Don't put the day in front of the date because then they play in order of Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday and we have to go searching for them in the right order.

3 - When updating podcasts from iTunes, not all segments get downloaded and I have to manually click "Update Podcast." But sometimes I don't notice and get pissed when I leave home and find out I'm missing half the show. Can someone recommend an iTunes alternative that works better?
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
daredevil1 Wrote:2 - Podcasts need to be named differently so that they play in the correct order on our iPods. Don't put the day in front of the date because then they play in order of Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday and we have to go searching for them in the right order.

The problem is not the podcast but the iPod itself. I have a zune, which allows you to sync up podcasts sequentially instead of as they come. I just hit play and it plays through them all in the order they were on the air.

Its very simple and basic features like that which for one reason or another apple always seems to refuse to implement even though it would take 5 seconds and make everyone happy, which makes me very glad i do not own an iPod.

Oh and BTW, there is a podcast section on this forum, so i would expect to see your thread moved once a mod gets to this...just FYI.
providencecrow Wrote:The problem is not the podcast but the iPod itself. I have a zune, which allows you to sync up podcasts sequentially instead of as they come. I just hit play and it plays through them all in the order they were on the air.

Its very simple and basic features like that which for one reason or another apple always seems to refuse to implement even though it would take 5 seconds and make everyone happy, which makes me very glad i do not own an iPod.

Ahh I see. I think my iPod sucks as it is. Always freezes. This is just another reason for me to consider getting a different MP3 player.

Quote:Oh and BTW, there is a podcast section on this forum, so i would expect to see your thread moved once a mod gets to this...just FYI.

Oops didn't see that. I always see podcast threads here so it didn't cross my mind.
edit: that section is only 2 days old, now I know why I never noticed it before.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
daredevil1 Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:The problem is not the podcast but the iPod itself. I have a zune, which allows you to sync up podcasts sequentially instead of as they come. I just hit play and it plays through them all in the order they were on the air.

Ahh I see. I think my iPod sucks as it is. Always freezes. This is just another reason for me to consider getting a different MP3 player.

I really like the zune, but ultimately it depends on what features you want. The creative offerings for mp3 players are great too. I have been a little out of the loop lately so im not totally up to speed on all the offerings out there, but if you are in the market for something new, if you want something small in storage space (16gb in this case) i recommend this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6855102035

If you are looking for something a bit larger there is always the 80gb zune, or the a bit pricey but totally sweet Zen X-Fi 32 gb

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6855102052
providencecrow Wrote:I really like the zune, but ultimately it depends on what features you want. The creative offerings for mp3 players are great too. I have been a little out of the loop lately so im not totally up to speed on all the offerings out there, but if you are in the market for something new, if you want something small in storage space (16gb in this case) i recommend this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6855102035

If you are looking for something a bit larger there is always the 80gb zune, or the a bit pricey but totally sweet Zen X-Fi 32 gb

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6855102052

Thanks I'll check them out. Btw I love Newegg. Sucks that now they have to charge tax if shipping to NY when they didn't before this month.
The best and worst news i heard was when newegg opened a warehouse in South River NJ. It meant that now id have all my orders by like the next day, but the downside was that they started applying tax.

Oh well even with tax and shipping newegg is cheaper than any retail store so i guess ill deal with it.
Concerns... those seem more like demands.
potthole Wrote:Concerns... those seem more like demands.

If by demands you mean 1 out of 3 seem to potentially be a demand, then yes, these are demands.

Well I demand you express your concerns about these concerns possibly being demands
providencecrow Wrote:

Well I demand you express your concerns about these concerns possibly being demands

Now that's a brain twister right there!
daredevil1 Wrote:1 - C'mon Zane, this is getting annoying! Missing segment 11 from Friday, segment 12 from Thursday (it's there but it's a commercial), and segment 11 from Wednesday (it's there but it's a commercial). I probably woudn't have noticed Friday's was missing if I had not gone to the website and noticed videos that I didn't hear get talked about.

2 - Podcasts need to be named differently so that they play in the correct order on our iPods. Don't put the day in front of the date because then they play in order of Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday and we have to go searching for them in the right order.

3 - When updating podcasts from iTunes, not all segments get downloaded and I have to manually click "Update Podcast." But sometimes I don't notice and get pissed when I leave home and find out I'm missing half the show. Can someone recommend an iTunes alternative that works better?

Who the hell are you, the podcast police? Just deal with it!
overheadpageme Wrote:
daredevil1 Wrote:1 - C'mon Zane, this is getting annoying! Missing segment 11 from Friday, segment 12 from Thursday (it's there but it's a commercial), and segment 11 from Wednesday (it's there but it's a commercial). I probably woudn't have noticed Friday's was missing if I had not gone to the website and noticed videos that I didn't hear get talked about.

Who the hell are you, the podcast police? Just deal with it!

can someone say "jerk"?
Peachs Wrote:can someone say "jerk"?

"Jerk" isn't a word...stop making up words!
Peachs Wrote:
overheadpageme Wrote:Who the hell are you, the podcast police? Just deal with it!

can someone say "jerk"?

Yes, Jamaican Jerk to be exact.
I have had 3 different ipods. they were all Ok, i really didn't think about an alternative until i actually won a zune. These are very simple to use, a little tought to get used to the zune software tho. That takes a bit of getting used to.

I think it was providencecrow (i hope i got your name correct, sorry if i miss spelled it) who said you can just click a button and they play in order.

Itunes really blows, i have hated it since day one, but that is just me. I am sure others love it. But i really like the simplicity of the zune software. The other 2 things i like about my zune is

#1 its about half the cost of the ipod for the same amount of storage.

#2 it has a built in FM tuner! so i can listen to them live if another radio source is not around.

Ill take the zune over the ipod everyday now. especially when i can buy 2 of them to 1 ipod. ;D

stop bitchin you stupid pussy