Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Rose HOF
Pete is already in the HOF for 4256 hits. He should never ever have a bust or induction ceremony. Pete is a cheater and a disgrace.

As to the roid head argument, I don't condone the use of roids but until they have hard evidence (as they did with Pete long before his admission) they shouldn't be excluded. The HOF voters have already set the precedent with McGwire. I trust that they'll do the same with others they suspected of using.

To say that what the roid heads did was worse than gambling is a huge leap in logic......and not a good one.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Keep the scumbag out.
Pete and his awesome hair can stick dreams of the HOF up his ass. The only way Pete's going to be a resident of Cooperstown is if they have a homeless shelter for unapologetic dickheads.
As far as roid heads go, I don't see the committee letting them in either, homerun records or not. Eff with the game you pay the price.
I disagree. I think he should be let in.

If he gets elected to the HOF, his perpetual "whoa is me, I'm not in the HOF" money-making machine grinds to a halt. We will never hear from him again on this issue, he won't write any more books, license any more merchandise, or host any more talk shows. His bluff will be called, and his cash cow will summarily be slaughtered.

So let him in. It doesn't bother me. Pete Rose's whining does.
Fistor Wrote:I disagree. I think he should be let in.

If he gets elected to the HOF, his perpetual "whoa is me, I'm not in the HOF" money-making machine grinds to a halt. We will never hear from him again on this issue, he won't write any more books, license any more merchandise, or host any more talk shows. His bluff will be called, and his cash cow will summarily be slaughtered.

Pete Who?????
jus' P Wrote:

Pete Who?????

Rose. Jalen's dad.

he'll just find something else to whine about, I'm sure...
Peachs Wrote:

Maybe so (although I'm not sure what), but whatever it is, it wouldn't be the money maker that his HOF crying is. Not even close.
Fistor Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:he'll just find something else to whine about, I'm sure...

Maybe so (although I'm not sure what), but whatever it is, it wouldn't be the money maker that his HOF crying is. Not even close.

The Rose sympathy cash cow has all but dried up. After he admitted that he was lying for so many years most of those who once supported him walked away. There is still a few idiots however.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Maybe so (although I'm not sure what), but whatever it is, it wouldn't be the money maker that his HOF crying is. Not even close.

The Rose sympathy cash cow has all but dried up. After he admitted that he was lying for so many years most of those who once supported him walked away. There is still a few idiots however.

I'd be curious to know how much he anually generates from the HOF argument. That's all we know about Pete Rose anymore. I bet he still knocks down a very nice living from it.

I love that his book, which was a transparent attempt to make money, absolutely tanked and destroyed what little credibility he had, though.
Fistor Wrote:
Admin Wrote:The Rose sympathy cash cow has all but dried up. After he admitted that he was lying for so many years most of those who once supported him walked away. There is still a few idiots however.

I'd be curious to know how much he anually generates from the HOF argument. That's all we know about Pete Rose anymore. I bet he still knocks down a very nice living from it.

I love that his book, which was a transparent attempt to make money, absolutely tanked and destroyed what little credibility he had, though.

I agree.. I personally don't care either way as far as him getting in the HOF. I jsut want the bitching to quit whining his fool a s s off
Peachs Wrote:

Like not doing Earl Shieb or Maaco commercials anymore.
He has certainly become a sell out of late. I would not let him in. I used to think he should be in, but he bet on games. not cool
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
He deserves to be in based on his merits on the field as a player. Charlie Hustle was one of the best players the game has had. For that alone, but him in.

If you have ever been to the HOF, he is EVERYWHERE. You see his pix in many of the displays. I think once he dies, he will be voted in, but not before.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:He deserves to be in based on his merits on the field as a player.

Agreed. His on the field performance is enough to get him in.

A question on his betting though... didn't he only bet on his team to win, and never to lose?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:He deserves to be in based on his merits on the field as a player.

Agreed. His on the field performance is enough to get him in.

A question on his betting though... didn't he only bet on his team to win, and never to lose?

Pete Rose is already in the Hall for his on field accomplishments. Pete should never ever ever have a bust in the HOF. Pete is a liar, fraud, and has disgraced the game of baseball.

There is no way that he bet on the Reds to win in all 162 games. You'd have to be a fool to do such a thing. Therefore the game was compromised because he could have saved better position players, relievers and top notch starters for the games he did bet on.

It's been a rule clearly displayed in every locker room since the Black Sox debacle. There was no way that it was unclear to anyone the consequences of gambling: life time banishment. Pete thought he was above the rules.

Eff Pete Rose in the goat ass.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
No way Biff. You know how to bet on baseball. You bet on series wins. The better team is going to win more series during a season than not. If he was a smart bettor, he plays the reds to win in the swing games and makes sure he has his aces in place.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.