Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoot the breeze
I say we have a thread dedicated to open discussion of whatever comes up.

Last night we had a fire call of a person who somehow ripped the nozzle off a gas pump while it was operating, they promptly threw the nozzle away and drove off....luckily the person running the station at the time had a head about them and was in the process of cleaning everything up by the time we got there.

People are stupid
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I worked for a gas station chain when I lived back home in Iowa. People ARE dumb.. we had idiots drive off all the time with the nozzle still in the car. Luckily the nozzle was a swivel and break-away type nozzle so the hose wouldn't leak anything but damn...

We also had one lady manage to get gasoline in her face/eyes.... duh.... I have NO idea how she did it to this day..
Peachs Wrote:I worked for a gas station chain when I lived back home in Iowa. People ARE dumb.. we had idiots drive off all the time with the nozzle still in the car. Luckily the nozzle was a swivel and break-away type nozzle so the hose wouldn't leak anything but damn...

We also had one lady manage to get gasoline in her face/eyes.... duh.... I have NO idea how she did it to this day..

I was filling up my truck one time and watched a lady lock the nozzle open, get back into her car...light a cig, and start talking on her cell phone (the three golden rules broken)...to my delight the car over filled and dumped fuel all over the ground. After turning off the pump she went inside and fought with the attendant over how much fuel was on the ground as she wasn't going to pay for it.

[drop]dumb slut[/drop]
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:I worked for a gas station chain when I lived back home in Iowa. People ARE dumb.. we had idiots drive off all the time with the nozzle still in the car. Luckily the nozzle was a swivel and break-away type nozzle so the hose wouldn't leak anything but damn...

I was filling up my truck one time and watched a lady lock the nozzle open, get back into her car...light a cig, and start talking on her cell phone (the three golden rules broken)...to my delight the car over filled and dumped fuel all over the ground. After turning off the pump she went inside and fought with the attendant over how much fuel was on the ground as she wasn't going to pay for it.

[drop]dumb slut[/drop]

lol! I used to LOVE telling people that there was a sign posted in clear view that the customer was responsible for paying for any/all gasoline that they spilled. They'd fight me to the death sometimes, I just loved seeing my managers get involved and them eventually having to pay for it. I expecially loved hearing them say "I'll never come back here again" and then I'd see them in the store the next day
i saw a girl filling up her tank while smoking a cig and the whole time i'm thinking "god, teach her a lesson. please." and about 5 seconds later her sandals caught on fire. nothing serious but enough to make her dance around crazily trying to put it out.
Jo Wrote:i saw a girl filling up her tank while smoking a cig and the whole time i'm thinking "god, teach her a lesson. please." and about 5 seconds later her sandals caught on fire. nothing serious but enough to make her dance around crazily trying to put it out.

excellent!

so i was in a motorcycle accident a few weeks ago and i'm trying to get my bike fixed....Anyone in my area don't go to Benton Harbor for Honda service....the bastards are giving me the jerk around...
Jo Wrote:i saw a girl filling up her tank while smoking a cig and the whole time i'm thinking "god, teach her a lesson. please." and about 5 seconds later her sandals caught on fire. nothing serious but enough to make her dance around crazily trying to put it out.

I'd have pointed and laughed... hysterically...
Apparently she never saw Zoolander. Where is a freak gasoline fight accident when you need one?
Peachs Wrote:

I'd have pointed and laughed... hysterically...

oh i was. people thought i was a jerk.
elranito Wrote:
Apparently she never saw Zoolander. Where is a freak gasoline fight accident when you need one?

"freak" accident, I wouldn't call it that, more like "stupid dumb ass" accident
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
elranito Wrote:Apparently she never saw Zoolander. Where is a freak gasoline fight accident when you need one?

"freak" accident, I wouldn't call it that, more like "stupid dumb ass" accident
This clip is what I was referring to. Later in the movie Ben Stiller refers back to what happened by saying, "If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident."
Yeah, sorry dude, I remember that now . .. . I was, of course, just referring to their stupidity!! Tongue
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
i'm really freakin hungry...

will one of you gals float me a loan for an early lunch? wife has all the money
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i'm really freakin hungry...

Here print this off and take it to McDonalds, and tell me how it turns out.
[Image: FiveDollarBill.JPG]
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Queenie Wrote:Yeah, sorry dude, I remember that now . .. . I was, of course, just referring to their stupidity!! Tongue
No worries! It gave me an opportunity to post a video that involved Wham! and a freak gasoline fight accident. Who could complain about that? ;D

Gosh, I could really go for an orange mocha frappuccino right about now....

I took all queenie's cash this am...Mmmmmmm double croisandwich with sausage and bacon...
jus' P Wrote:

I took all queenie's cash this am...Mmmmmmm double croisandwich with sausage and bacon...

the wife said "you have $60 in your checking acct, and a week and a half till you get paid....don't use any gasoline and you'll be fine"

yah...right

I'm better at making yummy lunches than I am at buying the crap from fast food chains.... I'd be willing to bring lunch to hungry peoples if Shaun and I didn't live so darn far away!!
wienerpoopie Wrote:

Here print this off and take it to McDonalds, and tell me how it turns out.
At least hook him up with the back side of the bill too. Wink

excellent!

so i was in a motorcycle accident a few weeks ago and i'm trying to get my bike fixed....Anyone in my area don't go to Benton Harbor for Honda service....the bastards are giving me the jerk around...

whoa you ok? Luckily in all my years of riding, I've never been in an accident (knock on wood) and I've done some pretty dumb shit in the way of stunt pulling...
jus' P Wrote:I took all queenie's cash this am...Mmmmmmm double croisandwich with sausage and bacon...

the wife said "you have $60 in your checking acct, and a week and a half till you get paid....don't use any gasoline and you'll be fine"

yah...right

well, all Q's cash was a twenty. As Grandpa used to say..."Chicken today, feathers tomorrow"
Peachs Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:excellent!

whoa you ok? Luckily in all my years of riding, I've never been in an accident (knock on wood) and I've done some pretty dumb shit in the way of stunt pulling...

yah, woman pulled out in front of me and i smacked into her...years or riding dirtbikes and smacking trees prepared me for this as i didn't even fall over...guided the bike to the ground in a most gracefull manner. what i dont understand is how the stealership can give an estimate for 813$, then when i do some labor myself have the price jump to $814...a dollar more for hours less labor...weird
Peachs Wrote:whoa you ok? Luckily in all my years of riding, I've never been in an accident (knock on wood) and I've done some pretty dumb shit in the way of stunt pulling...

yah, woman pulled out in front of me and i smacked into her...years or riding dirtbikes and smacking trees prepared me for this as i didn't even fall over...guided the bike to the ground in a most gracefull manner. what i dont understand is how the stealership can give an estimate for 813$, then when i do some labor myself have the price jump to $814...a dollar more for hours less labor...weird

holey s... whatever you do, don't bend over in front of those guys....

For real? My husband ALWAYS has all of the money... what a jerk!!!
Peachs Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:yah, woman pulled out in front of me and i smacked into her...years or riding dirtbikes and smacking trees prepared me for this as i didn't even fall over...guided the bike to the ground in a most gracefull manner. what i dont understand is how the stealership can give an estimate for 813$, then when i do some labor myself have the price jump to $814...a dollar more for hours less labor...weird

holey s... whatever you do, don't bend over in front of those guys....

it was supposed to be done friday at 5...drove 30 mins (i went a ways to a supposedly reputable dealership) on saturday morning
to pick it up and...not done...they'll call Monday morning as it'll be done saturday....still no call
Peachs Wrote:holey s... whatever you do, don't bend over in front of those guys....

it was supposed to be done friday at 5...drove 30 mins (i went a ways to a supposedly reputable dealership) on saturday morning
to pick it up and...not done...they'll call Monday morning as it'll be done saturday....still no call

I'd be SO pissed, you're missing awesome riding weather man...
Peachs Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:it was supposed to be done friday at 5...drove 30 mins (i went a ways to a supposedly reputable dealership) on saturday morning

I'd be SO pissed, you're missing awesome riding weather man...

Not to mention you missed Bike Week in Muskegon... which for some reason was really only the weekend... that one still confuses me.
wellp, I'll be back on around 7 ish, it's time for the mister and I to head off to bed for a good "nights" sleep..
the dealership called, bikes finally done...they've been waiting for my headlight (which i'm putting on) so now they'll start putting together the new front rim (which has been at the shop for a week and a half)...yeah...

as for the extra money being added for less labor done...he credited me 1$ to get it back to the origional 813...but is still doing the agreed lesser amount of labor.

eff~!
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:as for the extra money being added for less labor done...he credited me 1$ to get it back to the origional 813...but is still doing the agreed lesser amount of labor.

Howie.....STICKIN IT TO DA MAN!!!!
is shooting the breeze easier or harder than shooting fish in a barrel?
mr10homodance Wrote:is shooting the breeze easier or harder than shooting fish in a barrel?

Yes.
Isn't it funny how it's always the other person(s) fault? I know everybody around here ALWAYS ride their bike's at a safe speed...... Yes, I have had a few accidents, always avoided hitting somebody else though. Almost ate a SUV this morning.
jus' P Wrote:Isn't it funny how it's always the other person(s) fault? I know everybody around here ALWAYS ride their bike's at a safe speed...... Yes, I have had a few accidents, always avoided hitting somebody else though. Almost ate a SUV this morning.

if i'm doing 30 in a 35 and a woman in a car pulls out in front of me and another car heading my directions...i guess it could be my fault...maybe i shouldn't have been riding there
Fistor Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:as for the extra money being added for less labor done...he credited me 1$ to get it back to the origional 813...but is still doing the agreed lesser amount of labor.

Howie.....STICKIN IT TO DA MAN!!!!

i'm rather displeased with this service manager....he's a wobbleknob if i've seen one.

apparently he's bought dogs from my inlaws before....the first puppy didn't get it's vacinatinos and died of parvo....he replaced it and is no looking for a 3rd pup..i wonder what happened to number 2
jus' P Wrote:Isn't it funny how it's always the other person(s) fault? I know everybody around here ALWAYS ride their bike's at a safe speed...... Yes, I have had a few accidents, always avoided hitting somebody else though. Almost ate a SUV this morning.

if i'm doing 30 in a 35 and a woman in a car pulls out in front of me and another car heading my directions...i guess it could be my fault...maybe i shouldn't have been riding there

Just messin' dude. With gas what it is there are more bikes than I can remember on the road. People can't drive in general. Me and the Queen drive 40 miles one way every day, mostly inner city. I can't imagine trying to do it on a bike.
jus' P Wrote:

Glad somebody got to eat . . .or wanted to.
jus' P Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:if i'm doing 30 in a 35 and a woman in a car pulls out in front of me and another car heading my directions...i guess it could be my fault...maybe i shouldn't have been riding there

Just messin' dude. With gas what it is there are more bikes than I can remember on the road. People can't drive in general. Me and the Queen drive 40 miles one way every day, mostly inner city. I can't imagine trying to do it on a bike.

it's cool, yah i'm not the type that points blame, i take whats due (no dick jokes please, thats my brother)
jus' P Wrote:well, all Q's cash was a twenty.

Better than a poke in the eye . . . or nothing in the belly. Oh well, I could stand to lose a few pounds anyway.
Queenie Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:well, all Q's cash was a twenty.

Better than a poke in the eye . . . or nothing in the belly. Oh well, I could stand to lose a few pounds anyway.
I guess your debit card is broke?