Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
podcasts
what the hell is going on with them?? seems like every week at least 2 days don't come through. today didn't for example. the show left my area so podcasting is the only option i have. i'm guessing this message board was discussed today, i only found it by checking the homepage. apparently the podcasting equipment (whatever that is) sucks, but why cant they figure out a new system or something. it really couldn't be that hard.
My podcast was updated all day long as the show went on. You might want to email them about that.
They mentioned on the show that recently they've been going through old podcast links that have long expired and been deleting them. You may have to get a new subscription.
Who's in charge of the podcast ? An intern or a pro ?
Wowie Groovie !
I think Zane usually uploads them, going by titles the episodes have had in the past and him apologizing when there's problems. They said that someone else was dropping the hatchet on the old subscriptions, though.
the podcasting is run through MyTown - the same folks that run their crappy website.... and zane uploads all the audio... they talk often about How "finicky" the system is... so they often experience hiccups... though I haven't had 1 single problem getting mine over the past year.
There was a point in my life when I was looking for a professional web designer, and I thought about Mytown for about 3 seconds, but given how crappy the FB&HW website is, 3 seconds was about 2.5 seconds more than I needed to eliminate them from consideration.

Fu-ck Bob and Tom and Mytown !
Wowie Groovie !
I'm also having trouble - the 17th & 18th's show didn't come through for me and I just bought a year's subscription. Anyone know if there's a way to get the audio I'm missing or am I just SOL?
the weird thing is, i always get the new local break they added. that #16 segment which sucks. a couple times a week the others don't come through.
am i the only person that wishes that they would videotape the whole damn show and offer that in a podcast format?
I have seen them do the joe stunts in the main room, that effin' blows, but watching six hours of that would be more fun than having to subscribe to the damned thing in the first place.
heh, probably shouldn't say this and i'm more than likely shooting myself in the foot, but if you go through itunes the podcast is free...i haven't had any problems with them not coming through or downloading either...
It's not free on itunes
must be something wrong with my itunes. if i actually go to the feed online, they are all there to download but its a pain to do it that way. if i just click "update podcast" in itunes that doesnt work all the time for some reason. i guess its something im doing though.
Might be a problem with iTunes then. I love the local segment #16. The one about MAX-FM a few weeks ago was terrific.
Yeah, whenever segment 16 makes an appearance, it's like a little gift. lol The stuff with Quincy was hilarious.
Yeah, its way more funny for those living in GR. I love it when they rip on local news people like Suzanne Geha.
Most of it is GR specific, but it's still entertaining.
Chris Wrote:Yeah, its way more funny for those living in GR. I love it when they rip on local news people like Suzanne Geha.

The one where she interviewed the kid who ran off with the sex offender was hilarious. Especially when they brought up the Mystery Project again.
How come the podcasts are produced with the volume so low? When I plug it to speakers I can bearly hear it.
I think it is the entire show. I notice I have to turn up my radio to hear the show then when I jump in the car later, the radio is blasting. The podcasts are really low quality to keep the file size small, so that might be part of the problem. I haven't really noticed any issues with the podcasts though.
Turkey Face Wrote:It's not free on itunes

really? b/c i've been getting my podcast from them for about 2 years now and haven't been charged once...gee, i wonder why...maybe they don't know who i am...no that couldn't be it, i needed to put all my info in when i registered...maybe they don't have any of my fianancial info...no, i've bought music and used my bank card so that's not it...i wonder what it could possibly be? o wait. i know. IT'S EFFING FREE!!!!!

i dunno what you're paying for, but that sucks dude.
You should post more information about how you're getting it free, that way EVERYONE who gets it free loses it. lol
hotzester Wrote:You should post more information about how you're getting it free, that way EVERYONE who gets it free loses it. lol

YES, SHUT UP!! Don't ruin it for the rest of us.
rfchevy11 Wrote:I'm also having trouble - the 17th & 18th's show didn't come through for me and I just bought a year's subscription. Anyone know if there's a way to get the audio I'm missing or am I just SOL?
If you right click and select "delete podcast," then re-enter the subscription link, a few days of the podcast should show up so you might be able to get those days. Doing that also solves not-getting-any-episodes problems sometimes.
Mud Room Donna Wrote:
hotzester Wrote:You should post more information about how you're getting it free, that way EVERYONE who gets it free loses it. lol

If you are actually a fan of the show, sack up and pay for it.
I got mine for free for about 2 years, but last week it stopped updating so I bought a new one. I bet he is still working on cutting you guys out, so be prepared.
I have a similar problem, where my podcasts come through but I'm missing like three or four segments almost every other day I even resubscribed and hasn't changed a thing. what the f is up. when I first subscribed in like may it was fine.
I get all of mine fine every day. I have never had a problem.
I have a similar problem, where my podcasts come through but I'm missing like three or four segments almost every other day I even resubscribed and hasn't changed a thing. what the f is up. when I first subscribed in like may it was fine.
Try closing out of your podcast fetching app and restarting it.
Has anyone gotten duplicate segments of the same day? Would be labeled #12 and #13 for example, but it would be the same audio so I'd be missing out on a segment. Happened a couple of times.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
daredevil1 Wrote:Has anyone gotten duplicate segments of the same day? Would be labeled #12 and #13 for example, but it would be the same audio so I'd be missing out on a segment. Happened a couple of times.

Yeah, that happens on occasion. Usually they'll get a bunch of emails harassing them about it and they'll correct it the next day. Check back for something labeled "refeed" when that happens.
daredevil1 Wrote:Has anyone gotten duplicate segments of the same day? Would be labeled #12 and #13 for example, but it would be the same audio so I'd be missing out on a segment. Happened a couple of times.

Yep. Sometimes I'd just write it off because the mislabeled one didn't sound like it would interest me.

Other times though, it'd be a continuation of a funny subject and it would piss me off that I didn't get to hear it.
Turkey Face Wrote:It's not free on itunes

I'm with melmo112083... when I went through iTunes and looked for the podcast, it showed up as "FREE"... I have not paid a dime... ever... and I am a subscriber to the podcast, never having a problem.
breadboy09 Wrote:
Mud Room Donna Wrote:YES, SHUT UP!! Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

If you are actually a fan of the show, sack up and pay for it.

oh, i'm sorry. does it burn your little ass that you are and i'm not? :-*

honestly, when i started i didn't know there was any other way than itunes...

and if you're involved in that in any way...i pay. you can't get it for free. nothing's free. i'm just insane. i built my computer myself in my padded cell and i have no idea what i'm going on about.
Mud Room Donna Wrote:

Oh my God! You're right! I'm sure that the producers of the show, including Free Beer, Hotwings, Eric Zane, and Producer Joe have been in the dark about the fact that HUNDREDS of people are getting it free on iTunes! (Okay, maybe Eric Zane actually was...). Seriously, do you people really think that this fact has not at least been mentioned to them before??? Or maybe since they all have iPods and most likely use iTunes, they have NEVER gotten into the Podcast section and searched for... their own show!! Don't be so naieve... or is it nave?

And as for "mudroomdonna" who says that if you're "actually a fan of the show," you would "sack up and pay for it," how about the fact that that's f-ing impossible on iTunes! I searched for it with the intent to pay for it, and for me there was not an optional button that said "Sack Up and Pay For It"... there was only one button and it said "FREE"!
damn skippy ;D
kzootube Wrote:
Mud Room Donna Wrote:YES, SHUT UP!! Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Oh my God! You're right! I'm sure that the producers of the show, including Free Beer, Hotwings, Eric Zane, and Producer Joe have been in the dark about the fact that HUNDREDS of people are getting it free on iTunes! (Okay, maybe Eric Zane actually was...). Seriously, do you people really think that this fact has not at least been mentioned to them before??? Or maybe since they all have iPods and most likely use iTunes, they have NEVER gotten into the Podcast section and searched for... their own show!! Don't be so naieve... or is it nave?

And as for "mudroomdonna" who says that if you're "actually a fan of the show," you would "sack up and pay for it," how about the fact that that's f-ing impossible on iTunes! I searched for it with the intent to pay for it, and for me there was not an optional button that said "Sack Up and Pay For It"... there was only one button and it said "FREE"!

You pay for it in the shop section on their website.
speedbump Wrote:
kzootube Wrote:Oh my God! You're right! I'm sure that the producers of the show, including Free Beer, Hotwings, Eric Zane, and Producer Joe have been in the dark about the fact that HUNDREDS of people are getting it free on iTunes! (Okay, maybe Eric Zane actually was...). Seriously, do you people really think that this fact has not at least been mentioned to them before??? Or maybe since they all have iPods and most likely use iTunes, they have NEVER gotten into the Podcast section and searched for... their own show!! Don't be so naieve... or is it nave?

You pay for it in the shop section on their website.

Thank you. I am not denying that there is a way that they collect money for their podcast; I am simply saying that when I purchased my iPod, I natually downloaded iTunes and one of the first things I wanted to do was to purchase the FBHW podcast... so I went to the iTunes store. If they begin charging on iTunes, I will still subscribe to the podcast and will pay for it. I just don't see myself unsubscribing from iTunes so that I can begin paying when it is apparently not necessary. Don't get me wrong... I love the show, but I don't feel guilty for being a subscriber to a free podcast even though there is a avenue to pay for it... I want to be loyal to the show, but I do not feel the need to pay penance. I think that most of the people who are upset by this conversation or who are saying to "sack up and pay for it" are the ones who have already paid for a yearly subscription and cannot get their money back, now realizing that they didn't have to.