Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idiots at Sportier than Thou!
I am SO frustrated. I was screaming in my car today because this idiot playing Free Beer gets 2 Correct?! I was so angry cause I had 7 pegged/guesses that would've been right. We need someone to give Free Beer a run for his money before they kill this game! It's incredible fun when it's good.
I KNOW. How can any sports fan forget the LaDanian Tomlinson media epidemic that ensued after he set that record a couple years ago??
Yeah there is no way free beer is as smart as he thinks when it comes to sports. I think hes been fortunate that nothing but morons get on the air for the game
beerad08 Wrote:Yeah there is no way free beer is as smart as he thinks when it comes to sports. I think hes been fortunate that nothing but morons get on the air for the game

I don't know if I would go THAT far. I think free beer is a lot more knowledgeable than the average sports fan. It's more frustrating to me to hear the hacks that call and try to beat him.
Do you guys try calling in?
I have tried, but i just assume its next to impossible, so I quit trying
the a-holes that google the test question or whatever before they play and then bomb at the actuall game are what piss me off....i know shit about sports...so i don't bother calling in.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
elijah Wrote:I have tried, but i just assume its next to impossible, so I quit trying

If you think you can do better than other people, keep trying.

Maybe I just had dumb luck, but I got through the first and only time I called in.
He does know alot.. im pretty much an idiot at any sport besides hockey, and some of the hockey questions got me.

He knows his stuff
I've had this theory rolling around in my noggin for a while. Finally to put words to thoughts.

I have little interest in spectator sports, aside from baseball now and then. But I have a statistical and detail oriented mind. It's part of what makes me a geek. It's also what drives me crazy when people misspell things. Apparently, I've passed this down to my son as well. He's been diagnosed with an "autistic spectrum disorder" that makes him gifted in recalling details that most of us forget. It also makes him somewhat socially awkward. It's a give and take situation.

So I theorize that El Matador has a mind that is detail obsessed. Combine that with an interest in sports, and you have the perfect storm of someone who's mostly unbeatable by the general public. Think of "Rain Man", and the perfect recall he had for all of the stuff he was interested in. El Matador is the same way.

So what trumps El Matador? Another individual with the same sort of statistical mind who's into sports. And the statistical mind is the key.

Everyone else loses.
Mister Five Wrote:I've had this theory rolling around in my noggin for a while. Finally to put words to thoughts.

I have little interest in spectator sports, aside from baseball now and then. But I have a statistical and detail oriented mind. It's part of what makes me a geek. It's also what drives me crazy when people misspell things. Apparently, I've passed this down to my son as well. He's been diagnosed with an "autistic spectrum disorder" that makes him gifted in recalling details that most of us forget. It also makes him somewhat socially awkward. It's a give and take situation.

So I theorize that El Matador has a mind that is detail obsessed. Combine that with an interest in sports, and you have the perfect storm of someone who's mostly unbeatable by the general public. Think of "Rain Man", and the perfect recall he had for all of the stuff he was interested in. El Matador is the same way.

So what trumps El Matador? Another individual with the same sort of statistical mind who's into sports. And the statistical mind is the key.

Everyone else loses.

Drop: "That's SUPER interesting"
Forget it.

Sportier than thou is dead.

El Matador has proven his superiority.

Bow down and worship at the altar of his awesomeness.

The End.
Wowie Groovie !
Mister Five Wrote:I've had this theory rolling around in my noggin for a while. Finally to put words to thoughts.

Everyone else loses.

So glad you spelled the oft misspelled "misspell" correctly or I would have let you have it.
I think if someone says they have a specialty at 1 or 2 sports, but mainly 1, they should drop and try to find someone who knows their stuff. Dont drop the game b/c only idiots get through
yewt Wrote:I think if someone says they have a specialty at 1 or 2 sports, but mainly 1, they should drop and try to find someone who knows their stuff. Dont drop the game b/c only idiots get through

I concur. I do not want to see this segment go away.
ratrad Wrote:
yewt Wrote:I think if someone says they have a specialty at 1 or 2 sports, but mainly 1, they should drop and try to find someone who knows their stuff. Dont drop the game b/c only idiots get through

I concur. I do not want to see this segment go away.

it seems like everytime people get through they always say that their specialty is football or baseball, and those people always get their asses kicked. If you only know 2 sports, dont call in.
potthole Wrote:
elijah Wrote:I have tried, but i just assume its next to impossible, so I quit trying

If you think you can do better than other people, keep trying.

Maybe I just had dumb luck, but I got through the first and only time I called in.

When? And how did you do?
It was a few weeks back, I think in June. Honestly, I got my ass kicked, something like 4-1. I thought I could stand a shot at doing well, but I was wrong. I'll be the first to admit that I sucked ass that day.

I'm only a one sport guy, baseball, but I know that they usually will ask questions mainly based on what sport is in season, so I was betting that I'd be asked a majority of baseball related questions. Instead I only got two baseball questions, all the rest were 1970's/1980's NBA and NFL questions.