Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapid Repair dot Com
In recent weeks FBHW have been plugging Rapid Repair during Name That Tune, giving away a free iPod to one of the players.

Has anybody here had any experience with them? I'm looking to purchase a refurbished iPod from the site, and am curious if anybody has any comments on the work they do.
a couple of the guys on the show have ipods from them and they say they've never had any problems with em as far as how they work and battery life ect.
I had them install a new clear faceplate and change the battery in my iPod. They did a good job on the installation, got it back to me in a timely manner (turnaround was about a week but most of that time was spent in the FedEx facility because they don't deliver on Saturdays), and they even threw in a free package of screen protectors. I have no complaints.
I went ahead and gave 'em a try. Bought a refurbished 4th gen ipod. Today's the first day with it, and so far so good. It shows that it's been used in the past- there are some minor scratches, but that's fine with me. So long as it plays music and doesn't crap out on me, I'm cool.
I called their customer service line today to inquire about a refurbished Ipod and they were great on the phone. I even mentioned that I heard them on FB&HW and inquired about a discount.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:I called their customer service line today to inquire about a refurbished Ipod and they were great on the phone. I even mentioned that I heard them on FB&HW and inquired about a discount.
Would they give you a discount?
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
Admin Wrote:I called their customer service line today to inquire about a refurbished Ipod and they were great on the phone. I even mentioned that I heard them on FB&HW and inquired about a discount.
Would they give you a discount?

Yes she did. I put on my best "hey, I'm fun and I'd like to flirt you into a discount" face and yapped away.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
dino Wrote:Would they give you a discount?

Yes she did. I put on my best "hey, I'm fun and I'd like to flirt you into a discount" face and yapped away.
Awesome, I'll have to try that......I like flirting with chicks on the phone cause I can pretend that they're not ugly.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Damn, I should have done it via phone and asked for a FBHW discount. I did happen to mention FBHW in the online order, in a section for extra comments, but didn't get a discount. Oh well.

My 20 gig 4th gen iPod arrived earlier this week, and so far it's great. It shows that it's been used, there are some very minor scratches on the body, but that's fine with me. If anybody is looking for a cheap iPod, I'd suggest checking out these guys.
dino Wrote:[I like flirting with chicks on the phone cause I can pretend that they're not ugly.

And they can do the same with you......
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
What kind of iPod did you purchase, Biff?
I got the mini. I cannot foresee myself having a need for more than 4 gig of music in a portable device.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I received it very quickly. It is in new shape and it works just fine. They included a screen protector.

ITunes is a pain in the ass however but that has nothing to do with RapidRepair.com.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I really want and 80G Ipod.

No reason for it since I probably at MAX 10G worth of media, but if I get the video Ipod, and if I count my DVDs in the mix, I probably have 60-70G

gotta love living in the future
Wowie Groovie !
admin Wrote:I got the mini. I cannot foresee myself having a need for more than 4 gig of music in a portable device.

Just bumping this. My 4 gig mini is full. I actually had to delete some stuff. I might need to upgrade.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
That reminds me I need to add my library from my previous desktop, there's a hundred or so CDs on there that I'm jonesing for
Wowie Groovie !
I totally forgot to give more props to these guys a few weeks back...

The iPod that I bought from 'em started acting up. I was well beyond my "free repairs" time limit, but I figured I'd send it in and get a quote on what it would cost to get it fixed. When they called me to let me know what was wrong, they said they'd fix it free of charge, all I had to pay for was shipping to get it back.

These guys still rule.
If my spiffy new refurbished Ipod needs some attention I'll probably use rapid repair
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:That reminds me I need to add my library from my previous desktop, there's a hundred or so CDs on there that I'm jonesing for

I used my down time from the net to put a lot of my cd's on mine. I have 17GB full already. That's 14 days worth of music!
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Get the 80 gig. You'll be happy with it! I still can fill it, but it takes a while for me to get sick of what's on it.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
Found an article on CNN about Rapid Repair, so I thought I would bump this:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/30/smallbusiness/bling_your_ipod.fsb/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/30/smallbu ... /index.htm</a><!-- m -->
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.