Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best & worst of where you live
What are the best and worst things about the town you live in (not the big city 30 miles away)?

Example: the best thing about Orangeville is that you can get away with not mowing your lawn for a month. the worst thing about Orangeville is it's the minger capital of the world.

Here's mine for Holland MI. Best-Hope college co-eds running by my house in the spring and fall. Worst-the smell of dead fish in Macatawa.
Holland Mi

Best: ummmmmmm...........beach is....pretty.

Worst: it's Holland, Mi.
Holton MI

Best: Peaceful.

Worst: 20 miles from anywhere, bugs ALL OVER(ah hate bees), yard management is horrific. Jehova's Witnesses. Buhuhuh.
Atlantic Highlands, NJ

Love the beach. Hate the traffic.
That's what she said.
Jo Wrote:Holland Mi

Best: ummmmmmm...........beach is....pretty.

Worst: it's Holland, Mi.
Granted we have a week long festival praising the Tulip that all the old Dutch people from all around visit and drive slow as hell, but there are some other good things too. Like New Holland Brewery!
Not to be an Ahole, but I'm from Kentwood, and the only good thing I can think of is that I'm only about 7 miles away from downtown.

Nothing bad really though.
Wowie Groovie !
Saratoga Springs, NY

Best: We live close to pretty mountains with waterfalls

Worst: We can't have a puppy to explore it all with because we're rentingSad
Titan ! Wrote:Not to be an Ahole, but I'm from Kentwood, and the only good thing I can think of is that I'm only about 7 miles away from downtown.

Best of Kentwood: The rail trail
Worst of Kentwood (besides it being Kentwood): The ticket friendly cops
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Van Buren county

Best: We grow all sorts of fruits, vegis, animals ext. I can get farm fresh food without driving more than 30 miles

Worst: I have to drive 40 miles of interstate to get to a grocery store
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Van Buren county

Best: We grow all sorts of fruits, vegis, animals ext. I can get farm fresh food without driving more than 30 miles

ugh... that sucks
St. Cloud, MN

Best: Cheap rent

Worst: I've talked to many, including my late Grandmother that has been to like 45 states and many other countries, but even she says St. Cloud, MN has the WORST DRIVERS EVER!!!

PS she never lived in St. Cloud, so she doesn't have a bias.
ratrad Wrote:St. Cloud, MN

Worst: I've talked to many, including my late Grandmother that has been to like 45 states and many other countries, but even she says St. Cloud, MN has the WORST DRIVERS EVER!!!

idk.... I've lived in Chicago and NY and they both have pretty shizzy drivers
Peachs Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:St. Cloud, MN

idk.... I've lived in Chicago and NY and they both have pretty shizzy drivers

Yeah......ummm..........It isn't uncommon to see people driving down the wrong side of a busy main road with a boulevard in St. Cloud.
ratrad Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:idk.... I've lived in Chicago and NY and they both have pretty shizzy drivers

Yeah......ummm..........It isn't uncommon to see people driving down the wrong side of a busy main road with a boulevard in St. Cloud.

bah thats nothing lol
Peachs Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:Yeah......ummm..........It isn't uncommon to see people driving down the wrong side of a busy main road with a boulevard in St. Cloud.

bah thats nothing lol

Its possible. The students from various areas of the country that I've talked with say its something you just have to experience. There is no way to capture it. I grew up with it, so it seems normal to me.
Admin Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Not to be an Ahole, but I'm from Kentwood, and the only good thing I can think of is that I'm only about 7 miles away from downtown.

Best of Kentwood: The rail trail
Worst of Kentwood (besides it being Kentwood): The ticket friendly cops

[sarcasm] I enjoy dodging bullets while trying to get to my apartment on the SE side. [/url]

I can't think of anything being "best" about living in that neck of the woods. So glad we'll be moving out sometime within the year.
In toms river new jersey:

Loves: Convenience of everything nearby, locals are great people for the most part.

Hates: Memorial day through Labor Day
Spring Hill/Columbia, Tennessee

Best: new shopping center is finally bringing some good stores closer

Worst: the heat in the summer, how it doesnt get cool in fall until about mid-way through october, there's this myth that southern people are nice - but in reality half are effin retards and the other half are jack-offs.
flyersfantn Wrote:Spring Hill/Columbia, Tennessee

Worst: the heat in the summer, how it doesnt get cool in fall until about mid-way through october, there's this myth that southern people are nice - but in reality half are effin retards and the other half are jack-offs.

Yeah we are real jerks down here in the ole south. i'z just telling my cousin/wife how i'z feelin' real bad 'bout how retarded we are down here in Tennessee.

Douche-bag!! >Sad

Is food all you consider about were you live?

Van Buren County Good: Rural, mostly friendly people, between Chicago and Detroit, also between Lake Michigan and Kalamazoo.

Van Buren County Bad: Rural means a lot of driving to get to stores and other necessities.
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:

Is food all you consider about were you live?

Van Buren County Good: Rural, mostly friendly people, between Chicago and Detroit, also between Lake Michigan and Kalamazoo.

Van Buren County Bad: Rural means a lot of driving to get to stores and other necessities.

fine...

Good:........hmm....

Bad: minimal 30min commute to strip club (unless you feel like seeing meth boobs)
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I think Meth Boobs will be the name of my next Guitar Hero band!
brytn Wrote:I think Meth Boobs will be the name of my next Guitar Hero band!
I want 25cents for each use....I own the rights
Best: minor traffic on roads in the country
Worst: loud ass mfer neighbor who revs his engine for 5 effin minutes before he leaves in the morning at 5:30
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Myrtle Beach, SC

Best: Great women/cars/weather (except summer time, too hot)
Worst: Tourists and no money down here
Nashville, TN

Best: Lots of music.

Worst: The majority of said music is shitty wannabe country artists.
Big Lake, MN

Best: Nothing!!!! I live in BFE Minnesota, but there is rumors that we might be getting a NASCAR track.

Worst: It's the middle of St. Cloud and the Cities so nothing goes on
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:Is food all you consider about were you live?

fine...

Bad: minimal 30min commute to strip club (unless you feel like seeing meth boobs)

Does Scooter's in Decatur have Meth boobs? Every time I've driven by that place I've wondered what kind of minger chicks work there.
Donelson, TN

Pro: 15 minutes max to anywhere I want to go

Con: Apparently, when the houses were built in the 1950's, all of the original owners signed a contract that stated they would not leave until they died, and then they'd sell their homes to 19 Mexican drywallers who share a 3 bedroom house and 2 Sentras.
Philadelphia, PA

Best: Food, you have cheese steaks, tastykakes(or as the FB&HW show has referred to them rastyrakes), Water Ice (I know more so just east coast than Philly exclusive but great stuff nonetheless)

There is also the art and history here too.

Worst: Crime, Retarded mayor, it is illegal to kill stupid people.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Philly Mike Wrote:WaterItalian Ice

K that's better.
That's what she said.
wingospagettio Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:fine...

Does Scooter's in Decatur have Meth boobs? Every time I've driven by that place I've wondered what kind of minger chicks work there.

actually those are the methboobs i was refering to.

Poopie and I actually have a TON of family there so it's very likely that we would see Cousin Meth Boobs
You have family that strips at a meth-boob club?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:You have family that strips at a meth-boob club?

uh.....yeah!
Allyson Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:WaterItalian Ice

K that's better.

Difference, water ice is better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_water_ice

And evedendly is only a philly thing, i thought it was east coast but was wrong.
Philly Mike Wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_water_ice

"In the greater Philadelphia area water ice is pronounced as 'wooder ice'."
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_water_ice

"In the greater Philadelphia area water ice is pronounced as 'wooder ice'."
By alot of people here... somewhat yeah. I know I can speak proper English (spelling is a different story) but that's the whole regional accent thing, most people here will say water as 'wooder'
Philly Mike Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:"In the greater Philadelphia area water ice is pronounced as 'wooder ice'."
By alot of people here... somewhat yeah. I know I can speak proper English (spelling is a different story) but that's the whole regional accent thing, most people here will say water as 'wooder'

I have lived in Tennessee all my life and for some reason the older generations pronounce wash as warsh. That is our Southern mindset. We make longer words easier to say by dropping (droppin) letters and short words longer by adding letters. Go figure.
flyersfantn Wrote:Spring Hill/Columbia, Tennessee

Which half do you fall in?
In Maine we substitute "ah" for "r" and "r" for "a"
ie: Car=cah
Bar=bah

Lisa=liser
Gina=giner