Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beijing Olympics
The show kind of touched on it today but how many like me are less interested in the athletics and more interested on the political aspects that may happen daily there? I cant wait to hear the stories come out as far as censoring both the athletes and the spectators. For instance I LOVE the one bible allowed rule. Just wait until the first Gold Metal winner spouts out about Tibet.
I am an Olympics Junkie.

I can't wait for the games to start. I will watch every single second that is broadcast. I don't care what the event is either, table tennis, badminton, gymnastics, basketball, soccer, beach volleyball, I will watch it if the US is playing and it's on TV

Youuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Esssssssssssssssss
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

WOO !
Wowie Groovie !
I would watch, but I'd end up feeling lazy...
I was a gymnast until college so I am definitely looking forward to that part. Luckily I'll be on a business trip all alone that week so I'll have nothing to do but sit around and watch the Olympics.
That's what she said.
I like the Olympics too, but I'm more of a Winter Olympics person. Especially the Ice Hockey tournament.
flyersfantn Wrote:I like the Olympics too, but I'm more of a Winter Olympics person. Especially the Ice Hockey tournament.

I love the Olympics so much that I watched and ENJOYED curling
Wowie Groovie !
When I think of how China handles criticism the Benny Hill theme music plays in my head. They get more negative attention from censoring negative press than from the actual criticism itself.
scooterfanatic Wrote:When I think of how China handles criticism the Benny Hill theme music plays in my head. They get more negative attention from censoring it than from the actual criticism itself.

Why in the Hell would China censor the Benny Hill music?! That alone has to be grounds for war. Yakety Sax rules and I had no idea that China was so much against it. Thanks for pointing my mirth in the right direction, scooter.
brytn Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:When I think of how China handles criticism the Benny Hill theme music plays in my head. They get more negative attention from censoring it than from the actual criticism itself.

Why in the Hell would China censor the Benny Hill music?! That alone has to be grounds for war. Yakety Sax rules and I had no idea that China was so much against it. Thanks for pointing my mirth in the right direction, scooter.

Lol. I actually changed the word to "it" because I didn't like how the paragraph had the word "criticism" in it too many times.
Opening Ceremony Friday NIGHT ! ! ! ! WOOOO ! ! !

Seriously, I love the Olympics.

I'm playing my Olympics soundtrack/John Williams CD as I type this.

(Perhaps one of the mods could move this to the Sportier than though forum? I plan on talking about the olympics a lot)
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:I plan on talking about the olympics a lot)

AWESOME!!!@# YEAH!!!!
Fistor Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:I plan on talking about the olympics a lot)

AWESOME!!!@# YEAH!!!!

Not sure if you're serious or sarcastic, either way I don't care. I love em.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:AWESOME!!!@# YEAH!!!!

Not sure if you're serious or sarcastic

Seriously?
My wife loves the Olympics but is especially interested this year because she is originally from China. By default then I am interested in the Olympics so I may join in on the conversations occasionally.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Can only hope for a terrorist attack, so at least they(Olympics) will be exciting...
Fistor Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Not sure if you're serious or sarcastic

Seriously?

You can not dampen my spirit oh brown fingered one !
Wowie Groovie !
jus' P Wrote:Can only hope for a terrorist attack, so at least they(Olympics) will be exciting...

That
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:Can only hope for a terrorist attack, so at least they(Olympics) will be exciting...

That

A terrorist attack on China's soil? The Middle East would cease to exist.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:

A terrorist attack on China's soil? The Middle East would cease to exist.

Is exactly why we should do it.

Holy crap man. You usually make very thoughtful posts, but if this one is serious, you lose major points in my book.
potthole Wrote:

Holy crap man. You usually make very thoughtful posts, but if this one is serious, you lose major points in my book.

Ok...It's a cold hard world we live in pothole, If a few people died and the Chinese showed the Middle East what Hell really looks like, it's a win/win in my book.

But it's never gonna happen 'cause that would be too easy. It's much more fun to throw tax dollars at a problem that has no solution.
jus' P Wrote:But it's never gonna happen 'cause that would be too easy. It's much more fun to throw tax dollars at a problem that has no solution.

That reminds me - did you see that Iraq is now making record income, due to their oil exportation, and yet we're still paying for their war?
jus' P Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Holy crap man. You usually make very thoughtful posts, but if this one is serious, you lose major points in my book.

Ok...It's a cold hard world we live in pothole, If a few people died and the Chinese showed the Middle East what Hell really looks like, it's a win/win in my book.

But it's never gonna happen 'cause that would be too easy. It's much more fun to throw tax dollars at a problem that has no solution.

Wow, what crawled up your butt and died? Aside from your view on baseball movies, I thought you were pretty cool and had your stuff together. Not anymore.

I agree, spending tax money to make a problem go away isn't always the best solution, but to wish a terrorist attack on somebody, let alone an event like the Olympics? That is deeply disturbing on so many levels.
potthole Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:Ok...It's a cold hard world we live in pothole, If a few people died and the Chinese showed the Middle East what Hell really looks like, it's a win/win in my book.

Wow, what crawled up your butt and died? Aside from your view on baseball movies, I thought you were pretty cool and had your stuff together. Not anymore.

I agree, spending tax money to make a problem go away isn't always the best solution, but to wish a terrorist attack on somebody, let alone an event like the Olympics? That is deeply disturbing on so many levels.

I didn't mean to dampen' your O torch there Pothole. I am glad at 23 you are able to analyze someone you don't know, but from a few posts on a board. Disturbed? Hell everybody ought to be disturbed. I was being flip, sorry it didn't transcribe. I just have a bad feeling about the games.
Did I take a detour into the Touchy Subject Room? I could have sworn this was Sportier Than Thou.
brytn Wrote:Did I take a detour into the Touchy Subject Room? I could have sworn this was Sportier Than Thou.

My bag...I'm outty..
W O W ! ! !

45 mins into the opening ceremonies and I am absolutely in awe.

Just amazing.

Fortunately or UN fortunately for me the Bride I'm working with next weekend called me and "excused" me from my duties tonight

WOO HOO !
Wowie Groovie !
Yep. I'm THAT guy.

The Bud comercial, with the Clydesdale, the Dalmation, and the Rocky music gave me goosebumps.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:W O W ! ! !

Just amazing.
Amazing isn't a big enough word for the opening ceremony. I am glad we dvr'd it. If anyone missed it then I hope they put it up on YouTube. It was spectacular. Beijing got that part right.

Pairing the 8 year old who survived the earthquake and went back to help his friends with Yao Ming was awesome too.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:W O W ! ! !

Just amazing.
Amazing isn't a big enough word for the opening ceremony. I am glad we dvr'd it. If anyone missed it then I hope they put it up on YouTube. It was spectacular. Beijing got that part right.

Pairing the 8 year old who survived the earthquake and went back to help his friends with Yao Ming was awesome too.

DAMMIT I missed it . . . but Daniel Tosh was AWESOME!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
Admin Wrote:Amazing isn't a big enough word for the opening ceremony. I am glad we dvr'd it. If anyone missed it then I hope they put it up on YouTube. It was spectacular. Beijing got that part right.

DAMMIT I missed it . . . but Daniel Tosh was AWESOME!!

Say what you will about the Chinese, they put on a damn fine ceremoney. The guy who lit the torch was lifted into the air, then "ran" around the rim of the stadium .

The actual lighting of the torch though was only so so, nothing will ever beat the flaming arrow from Barcelona in '92.

I don't care what you say, I think Male gymnasts are hot. They have the perfect balance between muscle size and definition. If I were gay I'd be sportin wood right now.
Wowie Groovie !
jus' P Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Wow, what crawled up your butt and died? Aside from your view on baseball movies, I thought you were pretty cool and had your stuff together. Not anymore.

I didn't mean to dampen' your O torch there Pothole. I am glad at 23 you are able to analyze someone you don't know, but from a few posts on a board. Disturbed? Hell everybody ought to be disturbed. I was being flip, sorry it didn't transcribe. I just have a bad feeling about the games.

First of all, potthole has a lowercase p and two t's. Second, although it would be awesome if china would join our side in the war on terror, but not by way of terrorist attack.
Free Beer, Zane, HW, and listeners,

I'm more irritated than Andy Dick's bunghole after a night of jalopenos and love making. I recently read that some people refused to watch the Olympics because of China's human rights record.

Dear Uninformed and short sighted Douchebag,

As you sit there surrounded by Chinese made products, you've already cast your approval to the Chinese government. If you purchased any Coca-Cola product or ate at a McDonalds in the last 7 years then you've already pumped your money into companies that have pumped their money into the Chinese government so that they can advertise and have businesses there.

Not watching the Olympics because of China's human rights records makes about as much sense as not eating at Taco Bell as a protest toward the Mexican police's corruption problems.

A decision such as this is one, and the public proclamation of same, is one of the self-righteous and self important; whose intellectual depth is only envied by the likes of Jessica Simpson.

Even if you were a Nielsen family, that would only be a small stab at NBC.

So unless you have a home free of Chinese made products, your oh so "look how enlightened I am" ridiculous decision to forgo viewing the Olympics allows the Chinese government to thank YOU for your support.

Like Jessica Simpson said: Quote "I'm not eating eggrolls anymore until Chinese people can vote" End Quote.

I'm Biff and that's what I think.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Wow Biff. You almost brought a tear to my eye. Well done.

Now back to the Olympics.

It looks like the redeem team is off to a good start, handling China with the skill and ease you would expect.

And the attitude towards the US team seems to have a night and day difference from the team in Athens. The Chinese people love our players.
Wowie Groovie !
I usually get really bored watching the Opening Ceremony, but I was glued to the set on Friday night. Fantastic show.
Titan ! Wrote:I don't care what you say, I think Male gymnasts are hot. They have the perfect balance between muscle size and definition.

Dude.....

I mean......dude.....
Fistor Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:I don't care what you say, I think Male gymnasts are hot. They have the perfect balance between muscle size and definition.

Dude.....

I mean......dude.....

Yep.
Wowie Groovie !
I have a friend from High School named Lori Jones who holds the world record in the 100 M hurdles.. She'll be competing in Beijing on the 24th Smile I'm really really excited for her
Peachs Wrote:I have a friend from High School named Lori Jones who holds the world record in the 100 M hurdles.. She'll be competing in Beijing on the 24th Smile I'm really really excited for her

+1 ! ! ! That's really cool, one of my college coaches was the US high school record holder in the high jump and an alternate on the 88 and 92 teams. She told us a story about how one time she was on a plane and Ben Johnson was next to her, and she made fun of his lisp.
Wowie Groovie !