Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nascar/Racing
So I'm a big Nascar fan.. Mostly the Hendrick team, but I like Kasey Kahne and Jimmie Johnson too.. We went to the race in Loudon, NH last month, and will be at the races in Pocono this weekend. We've got pit passes.

now if only I could get tickets to MotoGP races Smile

anyone else love racing?? Big Grin
my buddy bought me a ticket for August 15th at MIS...I won't say that i love it as I may have seen one race on tv this season. I'm going for the experience....beer, hillbillys....beer. It's my goal to attend a professional sporting event for most sports...
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
not as many hillbillys in attendance at the races I've been to as you'd think lol mostly just fatties and a few mingers

I'm excited for our pit passes this weekend Big Grin
I hate watching all sports with the exception of pro hockey and college football; I would rather be playing the sport than watching it.
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:I hate watching all sports with the exception of pro hockey and college football; I would rather be playing the sport than watching it.

while I agree I still want to go to a Pro football, baseball, basketball and hockey game...just to say i have been
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
hehe, I just realized that I probably should have started this thread in the sportier than thou section
i like watching baseball, colllege football, college b-ball and thats it.
nascar or indy or F1 doesn't really interest me.
mr10homodance Wrote:i like watching baseball, colllege football, college b-ball and thats it.

love love LOVE F1 /siiiiighhhh
mr10homodance Wrote:i like watching baseball, colllege football, college b-ball and thats it.

the only racing i really really enjoy watching on television is motocross and supercross....

I run on the 'safety crew' at the local track during the car races (same track poopie races his quad at) it's boring, i get a neck ache from watching them run around me in a circle...and I haven't gotten to run an extinguisher yet...
ok I should just narrow it down and say that the only racing I don't like is Indycar... I even like toilet seat go kart racing... I used to win at that all the time when I was a camp counselor at summercamp in IA
I've heard so many people say that nascar is so much fun, it's like a soap opera on wheels and things like that. But I don't like soaps. And for what ever reason I can't get into nascar no matter how hard I try.

Do they have fantasy nascar?
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:I've heard so many people say that nascar is so much fun, it's like a soap opera on wheels and things like that. But I don't like soaps. And for what ever reason I can't get into nascar no matter how hard I try.

Im sure they do somewhere, I've not looked though...
dino Wrote:I've heard so many people say that nascar is so much fun, it's like a soap opera on wheels and things like that. But I don't like soaps. And for what ever reason I can't get into nascar no matter how hard I try.

I've heard it is fun too...and i'll give it a try especially when my buddy bought the ticket for me...all i have to do is split the cost for camping
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:

I've heard it is fun too...and i'll give it a try especially when my buddy bought the ticket for me...all i have to do is split the cost for camping

Camping out all weekend is fun, expecially the cooking on grills part Big Grin we've got a hotel room in Scranton, because we don't have an RV
I used to be huge into Nascar. They do have fantasy Nascar on Yahoo. I guess I just lost interest, but I went to Chicagoland once. 4th row from the track. It was awesome.
ratrad Wrote:I used to be huge into Nascar. They do have fantasy Nascar on Yahoo. I guess I just lost interest, but I went to Chicagoland once. 4th row from the track. It was awesome.

I've been to Chicagoland, it would be better if it weren't in Joliet.. blehhh
Not a fan. I understand why people like it.

The introvert in me cannot fathom being in a noisy smelly environment that long surrounded by that many people. It's a nightmare.

It is interesting for about 2 minutes to watch in HD but it soon becomes stale IMO.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Not a fan. I understand why people like it.

The introvert in me cannot fathom being in a noisy smelly environment that long surrounded by that many people. It's a nightmare.

It is interesting for about 2 minutes to watch in HD but it soon becomes stale IMO.

no worries! not everyone can have the same opinions Smile
I am a fairly big fan of Nascar. Although, recently, they are starting to lose me. That wonderful race this weekend was a disaster. Went to my first race at the Bristol night race about 4 years ago. I got strep throat the day of the race and was not able to enjoy it near as much. It was still pretty cool with the exception of my raw throat and 102 degree fever.

WAAAHHH! I'm sad about stuff.
Peachs Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I've heard it is fun too...and i'll give it a try especially when my buddy bought the ticket for me...all i have to do is split the cost for camping

Camping out all weekend is fun, expecially the cooking on grills part Big Grin we've got a hotel room in Scranton, because we don't have an RV

what's an R....V....? we tent it....Smile
I'm not big on Nascar or Indy/F1, but I like drag racing. To me, it's the quintessential American auto sport. It's noisy, smoky, and often features open flames. 5 seconds and you have a winner, so it fits our desire for instant gratification, too.
dasbow Wrote:It's noisy, smoky, and often features open flames. 5 seconds and you have a winner, so it fits our desire for instant gratification, too.

sounds like a night with my ex

*honk honk* *slide whistle* wowza!
dasbow Wrote:It's noisy, smoky, and often features open flames. 5 seconds and you have a winner, so it fits our desire for instant gratification, too.

nice!

nice indeed! lol
I like Nascar and usually watch 1/2 the races on tv each year. Of course, there are the ones I can't miss . . . Bristol, Daytona, Charlotte, Atlanta. Me and plungee were gonna watch Sunday's Brickyard, but decided instead to take a ride in the drop top . . . dang i'm glad we opted for the ride after hearing the recap after we got back. Smile
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:I like Nascar and usually watch 1/2 the races on tv each year. Of course, there are the ones I can't miss . . . Bristol, Daytona, Charlotte, Atlanta. Me and plungee were gonna watch Sunday's Brickyard, but decided instead to take a ride in the drop top . . . dang i'm glad we opted for the ride after hearing the recap after we got back. Smile

yeah, you didn't miss much of anything exciting... the entire brickyard race was a yawnfest because of the tire issues
Peachs Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:I like Nascar and usually watch 1/2 the races on tv each year. Of course, there are the ones I can't miss . . . Bristol, Daytona, Charlotte, Atlanta. Me and plungee were gonna watch Sunday's Brickyard, but decided instead to take a ride in the drop top . . . dang i'm glad we opted for the ride after hearing the recap after we got back. Smile

yeah, you didn't miss much of anything exciting... the entire brickyard race was a yawnfest because of the tire issues

That's what I heard. WTF did they give the regulars at Firestone the day off and use all tard temps?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:yeah, you didn't miss much of anything exciting... the entire brickyard race was a yawnfest because of the tire issues

That's what I heard. WTF did they give the regulars at Firestone the day off and use all tard temps?

ohhh nono no! Goodyear isnt Firestone Tongue they are two different companies, Goodyear supplies all the rubber for Nascar although Bridgestone-Firestone has problems with its own.
Nascar doesn't do anything to me, but I do understand the appeal. It's pretty much the roman chariot race of the modern world if you think about it.
Peachs Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:That's what I heard. WTF did they give the regulars at Firestone the day off and use all tard temps?

ohhh nono no! Goodyear isnt Firestone Tongue they are two different companies, Goodyear supplies all the rubber for Nascar although Bridgestone-Firestone has problems with its own.

DAMMIT way to call me out on that one Peachie!! I knew it was Goodyear . . . I just had a brain fart!!
Queenie Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:ohhh nono no! Goodyear isnt Firestone Tongue they are two different companies, Goodyear supplies all the rubber for Nascar although Bridgestone-Firestone has problems with its own.

DAMMIT way to call me out on that one Peachie!! I knew it was Goodyear . . . I just had a brain fart!!

hehe I got you!

/toot
I love cars, i love driving, and i love just about anything mechanical. However, i find NASCAR extremely boring. Formula 1 on the other hand...now we're talking.
providencecrow Wrote:I love cars, i love driving, and i love just about anything mechanical. However, i find NASCAR extremely boring. Formula 1 on the other hand...now we're talking.

formula 1 is awesome, indycar not so much
F1 and ALMS all the way for me.
ChevSSCamaro67 Wrote:F1 and ALMS all the way for me.

not bad

Actually being at a NASCAR race is the most excitement you can get with your pants on, watching it on T.V is hit or miss. I went to the Michigan 400 in 91' Ohmygod!! Seeing 40 cars in one spot
going over 180 mph is exhilarating
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I went to Pocono, got some REALLY awesome pictures and such, They're on my myspace. Shaun even got to high five Carl Edwards, the winner and his favorite driver!
Peachs Wrote:I went to Pocono, got some REALLY awesome pictures and such, They're on my myspace. Shaun even got to high five Carl Edwards, the winner and his favorite driver!

Yeah, that was awesome!