Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irritated Vent...
I was speaking to a friend of mine and was just informed that she is no longer going to have insurance for her and her husband and her three kids through her job. She is going to have to cut out some necessary prescriptions for her children now.... I hate how our entire country is ran by big business. I cannot stand the fact that normal, hard working people who strain their asses off every day to make a dollar can't even get adequate medical care in this country. If we are so 'big' and 'strong' here in the usa, why is it that many of our people can't even get the medical attention needed. It is the same idea as with oil, the government is getting too much money from the insurance agencies as well as the oil industry to step in and take action so that every person in this country has a fair shot at insurance. We went for YEARS without insurance... Finally my husband has a job where we have it, but it comes with a co-pay. I also heard that co-pays have been rising, and insurance agencies are covering less and less... And speaking of oil, it took me a long time to realize what was really causing the rise in prices. Everywhere you look there is another theory or excuse for the rise in gas prices, but really when it all comes down to it, it all has to do with the fact that the government wont step in to regulate the price of fuel because the higher and higher it gets in the stock market, the more and more money they make... and who suffers? Us... the people who pull this country together and actually work daily to make ends meet. How fair is that? People losing their jobs everywhere you look, the prices of not only gas, but groceries and goods are skyrocketing. Not just that, I don't know if anyone else has noticed but my gas/water/electric has more than doubled in the past 5 years....... and why? All because some selfish pig of a person who doesn't give two shits about anything but the money coming into his pocket doesn't want to give the average person a break... What a disgusting trend here in the usa....

sorry for my rant...

PS) It still pisses me off more than anything that congress can vote for their own raises... GAH!!!!!!!!
Our government is a joke; it will never be fixed because to them it has never been broken.
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Why can't they just live up to the republican ideal and entrepeneur their way out of this predicament? There'd be no problems if everyone was a business owner!
scooterfanatic Wrote:Why can't they just live up to the republican ideal and entrepeneur their way out of this predicament? There'd be no problems if everyone was a business owner!

Everything you say is anti-republican. It's because you have no intelligent response to the problem so you just blame it on somebody. The liberal way! And it's all bush's fault i'm sure.
kaboobie92 Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:Why can't they just live up to the republican ideal and entrepeneur their way out of this predicament? There'd be no problems if everyone was a business owner!

Everything you say is anti-republican democrat. It's because you have no intelligent response to the problem so you just blame it on somebody. The liberal conservative way! And it's all bush's fault i'm sure.

Everything you say is anti-republican democrat. It's because you have no intelligent response to the problem so you just blame it on somebody. The liberal conservative way! And it's all bush's fault i'm sure.

You got that last sentence right.

See? Works both ways.
kaboobie92 Wrote:

Everything you say is anti-republican. It's because you have no intelligent response to the problem so you just blame it on somebody. The liberal way! And it's all bush's fault i'm sure.

By the way. What is your solution to our dear friend's rant?
kaboobie92 Wrote:

Actually its Jesus
insurance companies piss me off as well....

I had to switch my family over to my insurance from my wifes....My wife got switched just fine...the baby was switched as soon as she was born so it was immediate as there was no underwriting...my son (5) who has no ailments or allergies and hasn't been to the doc except for preventative 'well visits' was postponed 2 months....for no reason...which also held up the rest of our family....we patitioned it and they said "it's the rules"

I wanted to reply with:

Is it also a rule that I eff YOUR MOTHER IN THE A? cause I did....
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:insurance companies piss me off as well....

I had to switch my family over to my insurance from my wifes....My wife got switched just fine...the baby was switched as soon as she was born so it was immediate as there was no underwriting...my son (5) who has no ailments or allergies and hasn't been to the doc except for preventative 'well visits' was postponed 2 months....for no reason...which also held up the rest of our family....we patitioned it and they said "it's the rules"

I wanted to reply with:

That surely would have helped
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:insurance companies piss me off as well....

I wanted to reply with:

My point exactly.... I wish you would have replied that way...
kaboobie92 Wrote:

You know what? You're right. This post had nothing to do with republicans or democrats. What I said served no useful constructive purpose. I apologize.
ratrad Wrote:By the way. What is your solution to our dear friend's rant?

I have no idea what his solution is but i have one:

Instead of getting the government more involved with all this stuff, make them substantially less involved. Then there is no incentive.
providencecrow Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:By the way. What is your solution to our dear friend's rant?

I have no idea what his solution is but i have one:

Instead of getting the government more involved with all this stuff, make them substantially less involved. Then there is no incentive.

You mean give the private health corporations that have politicians on their boards of directors more power?

Sheesh, I better start eating right and getting into shape.
ratrad Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:I have no idea what his solution is but i have one:

You mean give the private health corporations that have politicians on their boards of directors more power?

+1
ratrad Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:I have no idea what his solution is but i have one:

And why exactly do you think these corporations feel the need to put politicians on their boards?
[Image: Money%20stacks.jpg]
wienerpoopie Wrote:[Image: Money%20stacks.jpg]
And the way they get that is by making nice with the people who have the power of legal life or death for corporations. Did you know that Microsoft used to be averse to government intrusion in their industry until the DoJ sued them for antitrust violations (the first pinprick in the tech bubble bursting). Now they use lobbyists as aggressively as any company out there. When the Government gets involved in your business, the only way to survive is to learn to play the Washington Game.

http://news.cnet.com/2010-1071_3-1021938.html
Think whatever you want, Canada has a proven system
And what the eff does Microsoft have to do with health care?
wienerpoopie Wrote:And what the eff does Microsoft have to do with health care?
It's the same principle. Healthcare, Microsoft, Higher Education. You name it, if the government gets involved in it, costs are going up. And you have to start playing the political game - lobbyists, donations, public relations, politicians on the board. All to protect your interests, and try to make sure regulations don't doom your business.
This is so inaccurate it blows my mind; healthcare is different then all other companies because insurance is involved.
dasbow Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:And what the eff does Microsoft have to do with health care?
It's the same principle. Healthcare, Microsoft, Higher Education. You name it, if the government gets involved in it, costs are going up. And you have to start playing the political game - lobbyists, donations, public relations, politicians on the board. All to protect your interests, and try to make sure regulations don't doom your business.

exactly. And wienerpoopie, if you like Canada so much why don't u move there?
kaboobie92 Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:It's the same principle. Healthcare, Microsoft, Higher Education. You name it, if the government gets involved in it, costs are going up. And you have to start playing the political game - lobbyists, donations, public relations, politicians on the board. All to protect your interests, and try to make sure regulations don't doom your business.

Your stupidity is hard to wrap my brain around, were did I say I love Canada so much shit for brains. All I said is they have a great health care program.
Can't take a joke can ya.
kaboobie92 Wrote:Can't take a joke can ya.

If that was a joke to you then your sense of humor sucks
well it wasnt really a joke. It was a "If you like their system more, go there!" comment.
dasbow Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:[Image: Money%20stacks.jpg]
And the way they get that is by making nice with the people who have the power of legal life or death for corporations. Did you know that Microsoft used to be averse to government intrusion in their industry until the DoJ sued them for antitrust violations (the first pinprick in the tech bubble bursting). Now they use lobbyists as aggressively as any company out there. When the Government gets involved in your business, the only way to survive is to learn to play the Washington Game.

I don't think my nor my daughters health is a business. Health care is not a business. Business is harsh and heartless. I don't think health care should be a part of something that has been defined that way.
dasbow Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:You mean give the private health corporations that have politicians on their boards of directors more power?

And why exactly do you think these corporations feel the need to put politicians on their boards?

Great reason why, when the politicians get involved, they help stifle the competition. Perfect example: ISPs.

If i want cable internet in my area i have 1 choice: Comcast. Why? because our local government has a deal with comcast to keep other companies out. I have two other options for internet here, which are DSL and telephone line. I'm screwed because the government is involved.

No government involvement = free market = allowance for competition to actually try. If i had any other option for cable internet i would ditch comcast faster than you can say "Eff you comcast"
kaboobie92 Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:It's the same principle. Healthcare, Microsoft, Higher Education. You name it, if the government gets involved in it, costs are going up. And you have to start playing the political game - lobbyists, donations, public relations, politicians on the board. All to protect your interests, and try to make sure regulations don't doom your business.

Elrushbo!Bringing it strong! Watch out Dems, Hannity's little brother's getting pissed.
kaboobie92 Wrote:

I know you were joking, but if you don't like our current system or where it is going, you are free to leave as well. I love my country, not so much the people or the policies that run it. Therefore, I find it my mission to make the country better, by looking for the best solution for the whole country and not just what is best for me. I don't like to see the poor struggle or the uninsured to go with out health care.

While I don't necessarily need universal health care myself, I will gladly pay (pretty close to the same amount I'm paying for insurance now) to help others. I don't have health issues, but I am still throwing my money away on insurance I don't use, so why not benefit others instead of just making people rich for a service I am not using.

For your info, I am a poor graduate student. I am working two jobs so don't tell me that I should "find a job if I'm so poor", because I have two.
everything in this whole government is a complete disaster. I personally think that we should pay a little bit higher taxes. Than, everyone in the U.S would get free medical care, perscriptions, etc. France and Canada do it why cant we? I will tell you why, it's no longer the government running the countries, it is the corperate drug makers that buy off the government and make them raise prices and hell on the american citizen trying to make a living.

I'm Jayde the Spaz and that's what I think!

LOL!
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
I love this country just as much as you do ratrad. I'm not greedy, I just think the government needs to stay out of things. The economy and everything else function much better with less government involvement. With government involvement comes bureaucracy and chances for scumbag politicans to further their interests. I agree the VERY poor should be helped, but if they are healthy, then the government should have a program to find them a job. I dont think the government should support people, instead help them to support themselves.

P.S.- And i do have a lot of respect for you with 2 jobs. I am currently in college too so I know what its like (sort of)
ratrad Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:And the way they get that is by making nice with the people who have the power of legal life or death for corporations. Did you know that Microsoft used to be averse to government intrusion in their industry until the DoJ sued them for antitrust violations (the first pinprick in the tech bubble bursting). Now they use lobbyists as aggressively as any company out there. When the Government gets involved in your business, the only way to survive is to learn to play the Washington Game.

I don't think my nor my daughters health is a business. Health care is not a business. Business is harsh and heartless. I don't think health care should be a part of something that has been defined that way.
Who says business has to be heartless? Some of the greatest advances in medicine came because someone wanted to make a good living coming up with better technology or drugs. All companies are in business to make money. Why should healthcare be different? Why don't we apply the same standards to supermarkets? Do you think your daughter's need for food is a business? How about her need for warm clothes or a safe and comfortable place to live?
and people ask me why, and then lecture me on why it's bad that I'm not registered to vote... It's bullshit like this that hits right at the core of the reason, I don't vote because no one tells the truth. and they promise shit they can't deliver on because there's more people that disagree with them, and someone who's willing to pay them lots of money to leave it alone. the only way to fix the american political system is to burn down washington and start over, if washington could see us now, he would wonder what happened to his country.
Why would a company hire 4 people who can take the company to "the next level" and then proceed on denying all the plans developed and shitting on all their ideas? This company is pissing me off more than anything else I've ever done. The ownership at this effing hole is a joke. I effin' hate this place. If you haven't noticed I haven't wasted much time lately on work. Why bother. None of it leads to anything substantial anyways.

Sorry, had to vent today. I did apply for a new job though so I'm hoping to get a response.
The big issue here is government. Government has made it nearly impossible for the free market to act which in turn means more corruption and a deeper spiral.

Let me say that I have a concierge physician (and I work in Healthcare) so I can see it from both sides. Yes I pay my doctor a fairly large sum of money which allows him to see a small number of patients. This is a good thing and I'll give some reasons. Instead of going to the ER I go see him or he makes a house call, something very few people can get these days. Therefore I am cheaper to the system 1 because I pay my doctor and not the insurance company and 2 I don't use unnecessary CYA services because my doctor isn't worried about getting sued he's concerned with keeping me as healthy as possible. The state is debating about shutting him (and others like him) down because it's creating inequality. So the politicians would rather I get worse care at the expense of others to be more "equal".

Here's kind of how it works. The average family med/ internal medicine physician sees about 4 patients per hour and the bill varies depending on how in depth the service was. By in depth I mean how many of each metric he/she fills out. They get behind, lines form and everyone gets their time wasted. The make around $150k a year and around and around it goes. Let's say a concierge physician decides to go into practice for themselves and charges $1000 a patient and takes on 365 patients. This costs patients $2.73 a day and they get care not corralled like cattle. The physician ends up making more money than his/her stressed out counterpart to actually be a doctor and care for patients. What happens is that people see the potential to make money and actually be a doctor and not a paper pusher for the insurance companies. More people become doctors and some can charge $5000 per patient and some can charge $500 per patient and everything in between. So in 8 years we can begin to reverse the physician shortage, decrease demand on emergency rooms and decrease insurance premiums. The reason that insurance premiums are so high is because we insure EVERYTHING. Do you insure your car for oil changes or tire rotations? Nope and we shouldn't insure ourselves for simple doctors visits. It's the constant little BS that makes things all messed up.

The evidence that this is the way of the future is that Walmart, Target, CVS and Walgreens (to name a few) and creating quick turn around clinics in their stores to correct the problem of doctors being overworked and unable to "fit in" patients. You might say this fixes the primary care issue but not the specialist issue. The specialists aren't the ones complaining the most many of them are fine with the current system which means we should leave it alone and work on it a bit at a time.

The next push will be towards private hospitals. Since they are rare and subject to the nonsensical rules that drive the public hospitals they can't operate freely. If we let people open hospitals things will get better. You can say that they may not have the oversight that public hospitals have. I say we have laws and when they are broken the legal system has no problem extracting a penalty. So if the new local hospital wants to offer Corinthian leather furniture and 1:1 nurse staffing ratios then great. It's on THEIR dime. This will lessen the demand on public resources and free up more money for the poor. Yes the poor won't be able to get the same exact services that the rich get but then again they don't drive Porsches either.

The current system sucks and we can either let the rich pull us out of the mess or we can attempt to socialize it into compliance. Oh and if it hasn't been thought of socialized medicine won't be the great savior that people might think. We have way too many lawsuit issues that wouldn't be easily dealt with. Additionally if we go socialist the $$$$ goes down and then when the best and brightest are staring at options when graduatng with a bachelor's degree the Doctor option will likely pay less and cost more to get into. Remember there is a 4 year residency period where the money isn't great and the hours suck. How will we then propose to fix it? Spend more money in an inefficient way and the spiral will continue.