Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Think Neocons Want To Privatize Everything
Because the Constitution doesn't apply to private entities. These guys hate freedom, they hate the constitution, and they found a loophole. The government, corrupt as it may be, is still accountable in many ways to the people. If a politician does something the people don't like, they won't vote for him. We can effectively fire our entire government if the collective will was strong enough. That's not likely to happen, but it is possible.

Corporations are accountable to no one. If you are on private property, they can violate as many constitutional rights that you can think of.

I think the ultimate goal is to strip all governmental power and hand it all to privatized, corporate conglomerates. They're already augmenting our military with paid mercenaries. This way, the constitution becomes a meaningless document because the government has no power to enforce it.
This country is broken in so many ways it
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
scooterfanatic Wrote:Because the Constitution doesn't apply to private entities. These guys hate freedom, they hate the constitution, and they found a loophole. The government, corrupt as it may be, is still accountable in many ways to the people. If a politician does something the people don't like, they won't vote for him. We can effectively fire our entire government if the collective will was strong enough. That's not likely to happen, but it is possible.

Corporations are accountable to no one. If you are on private property, they can violate as many constitutional rights that you can think of.

I think the ultimate goal is to strip all governmental power and hand it all to privatized, corporate conglomerates. They're already augmenting our military with paid mercenaries. This way, the constitution becomes a meaningless document because the government has no power to enforce it.

Dude, I'm pretty much of the same mind as you. You are brave to create the posts that you have on this message board. Only thing, most of the moderators are right leaning so you may be biting the hand that feeds. This board is not a democracy and I don't want to see you leave.
scooterfanatic Wrote:Because the Constitution doesn't apply to private entities. These guys hate freedom, they hate the constitution, and they found a loophole. The government, corrupt as it may be, is still accountable in many ways to the people. If a politician does something the people don't like, they won't vote for him. We can effectively fire our entire government if the collective will was strong enough. That's not likely to happen, but it is possible.

conservatives hate freedom, lol. And last time I checked, if you are on private property you still have to follow the constitution. So you can do whatever you want when you are at home? Idiotic. Keep creating psycho left wing threads, I enjoy reading them.
kaboobie92 Wrote:

conservatives hate freedom, lol. And last time I checked, if you are on private property you still have to follow the constitution. So you can do whatever you want when you are at home? Idiotic. Keep creating psycho left wing threads, I enjoy reading them.

Make a list of your ideals and stances. We will point out why you hate freedom.
ratrad Wrote:[ You are brave to create the posts that you have on this message board. Only thing, most of the moderators are right leaning so you may be biting the hand that feeds. This board is not a democracy and I don't want to see you leave.

I'm trying to figure out which is more uninformed; the first post in this thread or your reply which I have quoted.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:[ You are brave to create the posts that you have on this message board. Only thing, most of the moderators are right leaning so you may be biting the hand that feeds. This board is not a democracy and I don't want to see you leave.

I'm trying to figure out which is more uninformed; the first post in this thread or your reply which I have quoted.

HI-oooooooooooooooooooo!

HA HA HA HA!
Admin Wrote:

With what part of my post do you disagree?
Ed McMahon Wrote:
Admin Wrote:I'm trying to figure out which is more uninformed; the first post in this thread or your reply which I have quoted.

HI-oooooooooooooooooooo!

HA HA HA HA!

Eat shit Ed McMahon and give me my check!
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Ed McMahon Wrote:HI-oooooooooooooooooooo!

HA HA HA HA!

Eat shit Ed McMahon and give me my check!

hi-oooooaaaahhhhhhh *sobs*

[Image: dawson-crying.jpg]
old a-hole
ratrad Wrote:
kaboobie92 Wrote:conservatives hate freedom, lol. And last time I checked, if you are on private property you still have to follow the constitution. So you can do whatever you want when you are at home? Idiotic. Keep creating psycho left wing threads, I enjoy reading them.

Make a list of your ideals and stances. We will point out why you hate freedom.

So now I hate freedom. And I suppose the troops do to? Ignorance.
I hate Jesus....Boooo!
kaboobie92 Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:Make a list of your ideals and stances. We will point out why you hate freedom.

Good lord. Where to start with this gem?
kaboobie92 Wrote:conservatives hate freedom, lol. And last time I checked, if you are on private property you still have to follow the constitution. So you can do whatever you want when you are at home? Idiotic. Keep creating psycho left wing threads, I enjoy reading them.

Oh really, so why are the boy scouts as well as religious colleges and charities allowed to discriminate against a job applicant based on the person's religious beliefs or lack thereof?

Companies regulate speech all the time. Haven't you read the stories where someone was fired for what they wrote on MySpace (on their own personal time, not the time of the company)? The only Constitutional ruling private businesses have to follow is in their hiring practices. "At will" employers can fire you at any time, for any or no reason.

When a large conglomerate bought my company, we were given a paper to sign. Basically this paper said that we were not allowed to work in the same field for a period of two years after our employment with them ended. It also stated that any inventions, whether conceived on their time or on our own personal time, were their sole property. I could understand something invented at work on their time with their resources, but something I came up with in my garage? As far as I'm concerned, the employer-employee relationship ends when they give me money to compensate for my services rendered on the clock. Anything beyond that is none of their business. Often these agreements are forced, contingent upon employment.

You call me a psycho, but I'm only seeing the writing on the wall.
kaboobie92 Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:Make a list of your ideals and stances. We will point out why you hate freedom.

Its pretty foolish to say that someone hates freedom, huh? Although, I'm sure its ok when a republican says that though. Ignorance.
scooterfanatic Wrote:Oh really, so why are the boy scouts as well as religious colleges and charities allowed to discriminate against a job applicant based on the person's religious beliefs or lack thereof?

I don't remember the Boy Scouts of America telling someone no based on their religion. I do remember the case with the homosexual but none based on religion.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
find when I said democrats hate freedom. I respect your opinions, you obviously have no respect for anyone except people who share the same views. That is the epitome of ignorance when you wont accept that other people have different views. Part of democracy is being able to respect other people's views. Differing opinions is what makes a democracy function. You obviously don't understand that
I like members who, no matter which way they lean, put up solid and well thought out opinions. There isn't a lot of that going on in this thread.

Then again, it merely affirms the description I gave this forum.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:I like members who, no matter which way they lean, put up solid and well thought out opinions. There isn't a lot of that going on in this thread.

Hi-ooooooooooooooo!
Ed McMahon Wrote:
Admin Wrote:I like members who, no matter which way they lean, put up solid and well thought out opinions. There isn't a lot of that going on in this thread.

Hi-ooooooooooooooo!

Alright. It was almost funny the first time. Now it's just annoying.

Who imitates Ed McMahon anymore, anyway? Half this board was born after Johnny Carson went off the air.

What's next, a Laurel and Hardy reset?

\

Again let me say, I respect that you have a different opinion. It dosen't bother me when you attack me for what I believe. But when you say that people like me hate freedom and the constitution I take offense. Someone like fistor that I agree with still respects me. But you take it to another level. I agree that corporations have too much power and too much influence on the government as well. Politicians have well fed pockets by the government and it needs to end.
Hi-oooooo?
kaboobie92 Wrote:find when I said democrats hate freedom. I respect your opinions, you obviously have no respect for anyone except people who share the same views. That is the epitome of ignorance when you wont accept that other people have different views. Part of democracy is being able to respect other people's views. Differing opinions is what makes a democracy function. You obviously don't understand that

A. Find where I said that "you said, democrats hate freedom".
B. No you don't respect my opinions because you call me ignorant etc. when you disagree.
C. I can accept that others have different views, I only attack you because apparently you can't accept that others have different views.
D. You obviously don't understand what hypocrisy is, since I only respond to you, the way that you respond to others. Only difference is, that you feel that it is ok when you do it, but when I do it, I'm not respecting you.

There.
kaboobie92 Wrote:Part of democracy is being able to respect other people's views. Differing opinions is what makes a democracy function. You obviously don't understand that

I disagree. Democracy is tolerating other peoples' views, but I'm not under obligation to show respect for something when I don't have it. Take religion for example. Throughout the world, it is considered rude to criticize or "show disrespect" for someone's religious beliefs. This current incident with the communion wafer in Florida is a perfect example. Believing that a cracker magically transforms into the flesh of Jesus Christ is an utterly ridiculous and provably false belief. So why do I have to respect it?

If it were ANYTHING else, politics, philosophy, whatever, then criticism would fly like there was no tomorrow. But because it's a RELIGIOUS belief, it can be as stupid and ridiculous as the rantings of a mental patient, but we all have to be nice, and we all have to respect it because "it's what they believe." Bullshit!
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:Oh really, so why are the boy scouts as well as religious colleges and charities allowed to discriminate against a job applicant based on the person's religious beliefs or lack thereof?

I don't remember the Boy Scouts of America telling someone no based on their religion. I do remember the case with the homosexual but none based on religion.

The Boy Scouts discriminate against Atheists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_..._agnostics

Despite being publicly-funded, they are allowed to do this.
kaboobie92 Wrote:

\

Again let me say, I respect that you have a different opinion. It dosen't bother me when you attack me for what I believe. But when you say that people like me hate freedom and the constitution I take offense. Someone like fistor that I agree with still respects me. But you take it to another level. I agree that corporations have too much power and too much influence on the government as well. Politicians have well fed pockets by the government and it needs to end.

Where in this thread did I mention you personally? I said neocons. I don't consider neocons to be conservatives, although sometimes I mistakenly flip the terms once in a while. Sorry if I offended you.
scooterfanatic Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I don't remember the Boy Scouts of America telling someone no based on their religion. I do remember the case with the homosexual but none based on religion.

The Boy Scouts discriminate against Atheists.

ah ok....while I'm proud that I am an Eagle Scout...things like this make it hard to be proud of the organization....I'm not religious and don't think they should have turned anyone away...gay, athiest, even weinerpoopie...i guess thats redundant
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
scooterfanatic Wrote:
kaboobie92 Wrote:\

Where in this thread did I mention you personally? I said neocons. I don't consider neocons to be conservatives, although sometimes I mistakenly flip the terms once in a while. Sorry if I offended you.

Hey Scooter,

That is what I meant in my original response to you. Right leaning people tend to get offended by the term neocon. Whether you think a certain person is or not. They tend to get offended.
scooterfanatic Wrote:The Boy Scouts discriminate against Atheists.

ah ok....while I'm proud that I am an Eagle Scout...things like this make it hard to be proud of the organization....I'm not religious and don't think they should have turned anyone away...gay, athiest, even weinerpoopie...i guess thats redundant

HAHAHHHAHAHHAA!!!!!!!!!!
scooterfanatic Wrote:The Boy Scouts discriminate against Atheists.

HAHA to them, I made it through the Boy Scout cracks
scooterfanatic Wrote:

Oh really, so why are the boy scouts as well as religious colleges and charities allowed to discriminate against a job applicant based on the person's religious beliefs or lack thereof?

Companies regulate speech all the time. Haven't you read the stories where someone was fired for what they wrote on MySpace (on their own personal time, not the time of the company)? The only Constitutional ruling private businesses have to follow is in their hiring practices. "At will" employers can fire you at any time, for any or no reason.

When a large conglomerate bought my company, we were given a paper to sign. Basically this paper said that we were not allowed to work in the same field for a period of two years after our employment with them ended. It also stated that any inventions, whether conceived on their time or on our own personal time, were their sole property. I could understand something invented at work on their time with their resources, but something I came up with in my garage? As far as I'm concerned, the employer-employee relationship ends when they give me money to compensate for my services rendered on the clock. Anything beyond that is none of their business. Often these agreements are forced, contingent upon employment.

You call me a psycho, but I'm only seeing the writing on the wall.

Paranoid...Delusion..... :Smile
Scooter and Rat must both sleep on the left side of the same bed.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"