Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn and Teller: Bullshit
I'm starting to really love this show (at times). Some I like and others...not so much. Which is good, it's polarizing.

Just recently saw the 'Going Green' episode and I loved it. I spend 40hrs a week surounded by Carbon Crediting, Rock Shockra hippies...I want to tape their eyes open and make them watch it.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I'm starting to really love this show (at times). Some I like and others...not so much. Which is good, it's polarizing.

Just recently saw the 'Going Green' episode and I loved it. I spend 40hrs a week surounded by Carbon Crediting, Rock Shockra hippies...I want to tape their eyes open and make them watch it.
LERRRRRV this show.... It is simply fantastic.... the one on sex was fantastic. Telling it how it is is makes good tv....
I got so pissed off at all the Carbon Credit a holes that i have to deal with everyday. It also makes me want to punch Gore in the face
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I caught that going green episode the other day too.... It was like a train wreck mixed with the witty sarcasm that I love... Im gonna have to catch more episodes now Smile
I could be wrong, as I don't know them, but they seem sincere. Being Liberterians they don't side with a party.

The gave data (I can't say they're facts as i haven't checked) that showed Gore uses more electricity in a month han move people do in over a year and that he does infact buy Carbon Credits...from a company that he owns.

They explained that Carbon Credits are just a "i feel bad for polluting so let me give someone money" and don't really help the enviroment.

They explained that Al Gore won the 'effing Nobel effing Peace effing Prize' by simply giving a presentation and not doing any real research.

I could kiss them
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I could be wrong, as I don't know them, but they seem sincere. Being Liberterians they don't side with a party.

The gave data (I can't say they're facts as i haven't checked) that showed Gore uses more electricity in a month han move people do in over a year and that he does infact buy Carbon Credits...from a company that he owns.

They explained that Carbon Credits are just a "i feel bad for polluting so let me give someone money" and don't really help the enviroment.

They explained that Al Gore won the 'effing Nobel effing Peace effing Prize' by simply giving a presentation and not doing any real research.

I could kiss them

Smile
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I could be wrong, as I don't know them, but they seem sincere. Being Liberterians they don't side with a party.

I could kiss them

lol!
now don't get me wrong....i'm not out burning tires to spite Al Gore....but I hate hypocrits.

I'm a very central person...I drive a truck to work which is bad on fuel and ride dirtbikes for recreation...erosion...pollution...blah blah blah...but at the same time I'm not convinced that Global Warming is caused by me...I'm sure i'm not helping but still... I also am very conscious about what I do with my motor oil, anti-freeze, pesticides, water use and so on.

I'm green-ish...I'm just not a fag about it ;D
I have to agree with the whole green-ish lifestyle. I recycle when possible. I'm conscious about my water usage and my electricity usage as well. I feel that if I can do my part, others can too... Big Grin
I am near Nashville and it is widely known that not only does he (Gore) use more electricity than anyone but, also drives around an old Mach Mustang. I don't necessarily agree...hell I almost dis-agree totally with this green push but, at least you can respect the ones that actually practice what they preach. I mean, I think Ed Begley is a complete moron but, he seems to live the stuff that he says. Gore is the definition of hypocrite.

Oh yeah, this thread is about Penn & Teller's show. I loved it when I had showtime but, haven't seen it recently (damn cable company figured out they were giving it to me free!)
brytn Wrote:I am near Nashville and it is widely known that not only does he (Gore) use more electricity than anyone but, also drives around an old Mach Mustang. I don't necessarily agree...hell I almost dis-agree totally with this green push but, at least you can respect the ones that actually practice what they preach. I mean, I think Ed Begley is a complete moron but, he seems to live the stuff that he says. Gore is the definition of hypocrite.

Oh yeah, this thread is about Penn & Teller's show. I loved it when I had showtime but, haven't seen it recently (damn cable company figured out they were giving it to me free!)

we can bash gore...it's cool with me ;D
My avatar said that I have post in this thread........ ;D
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:My avatar said that I have post in this thread........ ;D

everytime i'd see you post i'd think...i should start a thread...then I usually got wrapped up in word association or getting eyes rolled at me

i finally did it...

i loved the episode on profanity where they didn't swear....i thought about watching an episode off sidereel.com during lunch but quickly realized....swears, ocasional boob....government computer....maybe not
brytn Wrote:I am near Nashville and it is widely known that not only does he (Gore) use more electricity than anyone but, also drives around an old Mach Mustang.

I love irony....
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
This show is on Showtime right? ???
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:This show is on Showtime right? ???

correct...i don't get showtime but the inlaws do...and Dad golfs a lot, and mom works long hours...so Howie in-law watches their tv and cracks up their AC to save on his bill

they live next door...
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:they live next upstairs...

:o
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:

[Image: WatchEverybodyLovesRaymondOnlineFre.jpg]
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Admin Wrote:

[Image: computer-stupid.jpg]
Admin Wrote:
brytn Wrote:I am near Nashville and it is widely known that not only does he (Gore) use more electricity than anyone but, also drives around an old Mach Mustang.

I love irony....

Don't let the lefties on this site read that. It'd ruin the rest of their week. Then we'd have to put up with more of their nonsense than usual. Big Grin
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Admin Wrote::o

[Image: WatchEverybodyLovesRaymondOnlineFre.jpg]
Perfection...
brytn Wrote:I loved it when I had showtime but, haven't seen it recently (damn cable company figured out they were giving it to me free!)

You too? I live in the Nashville area, and I had Showtime and HBO for free for freakin 6 years. I even told them I did because I wanted to make sure they weren't charging me and they did nothing about it. Then about 3-4 months ago suddenly one day both were gone.
residentialevil Wrote:
brytn Wrote:I loved it when I had showtime but, haven't seen it recently (damn cable company figured out they were giving it to me free!)

You too? I live in the Nashville area, and I had Showtime and HBO for free for freakin 6 years. I even told them I did because I wanted to make sure they weren't charging me and they did nothing about it. Then about 3-4 months ago suddenly one day both were gone.

we've got DirecTV and we've got everything but hbo... and trust me, we're payin for it lol
[Image: al_gore.jpg]
[Image: bush_mission_accomplished.jpg]
wienerpoopie Wrote:[Image: bush_mission_accomplished.jpg]

this thread is about global warming...al gore is a lier in that subject. While Bush may be a lier (up to debate, not here) he's not related to global warming

;D
[Image: content_cartoonbox_slate_com7.gif]
Quote:this thread is about global warming...al gore is a lier in that subject. While Bush may be a lier (up to debate, not here) he's not related to global warming

;D

[Image: bush.jpg]
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Quote:this thread is about global warming...al gore is a lier in that subject. While Bush may be a lier (up to debate, not here) he's not related to global warming

;D

[Image: bush.jpg]

ha ha....

looka da monkey!
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:[Image: bush_mission_accomplished.jpg]

this thread is about global warming...al gore is a lier in that subject. While Bush may be a lier (up to debate, not here) he's not related to global warming

;D

You spelled liar wrong.
http://www.nrdc.org/BushRecord/2005.asp

This ends in 2005, not sure why though
boizalynne Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:this thread is about global warming...al gore is a lier in that subject. While Bush may be a lier (up to debate, not here) he's not related to global warming

;D

You spelled liar wrong.

i know how to spell liar...but my fingers don't apparently
[quote="wienerpoopie"]http://www.nrdc.org/BushRecord/2005.asp

boizalynne Wrote:You spelled liar wrong.

i know how to spell liar...but my fingers don't apparently
It happens... especially when you should be working but instead just jerk off all day....
[quote="Howie Feltersnatch"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]http://www.nrdc.org/BushRecord/2005.asp

boizalynne Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i know how to spell liar...but my fingers don't apparently
It happens... especially when you should be working but instead just jerk off all day....

i'm waiting for my new soils to load....
Just load it with clay and call it DDT Smile
Quote of the Day:
dino Wrote:Just load it with clay and call it DDT Smile

you'd be surprised how many farmers are still using...then they say "it's illegal to buy not use right?"

uh no..illegal to own, use, sell, buy, have....
dino Wrote:Just load it with clay and call it DDT Smile

you'd be surprised how many farmers are still using...then they say "it's illegal to buy not use right?"

uh no..illegal to own, use, sell, buy, have....
Still using... like ddt is a drug or something... its hard to come of that shit I hear...
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:what is it?

Bush record on the environment, some good Smile some bad >Sad

you gotta give and take....some good some bad...

i saw a headline of making it easier for facilities to report toxins or something....

one side is: they should report like hell and it shouldn't matter how easy it is...if they don't report fine them.

other side is: if it's not easy they won't do it...and the harder you push the harder they'll push back and rebel...

you can't make everyone happy.

as far as Al Gore and Carbon Credits, he drives a snake oil tanker