Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"That" guy
Sorry. I know this isn't a Rome show chatroom but, I have been listening to Jim Rome...(I mean hey the guys are off), and he has this bit about "that" guy. ie, softball guy-always wears coaches shorts and spends more money on softball bats than his house payment. Or, Corvette guy-you know the type. Today he was talking about "golf" guy.

Anyway, do any of you have examples of the one's I have thrown out or, any other examples of "That" guy.
sportier than thou?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
brytn Wrote:Sorry. I know this isn't a Rome show chatroom but, I have been listening to Jim Rome...(I mean hey the guys are off), and he has this bit about "that" guy. ie, softball guy-always wears coaches shorts and spends more money on softball bats than his house payment. Or, Corvette guy-you know the type. Today he was talking about "golf" guy.

Anyway, do any of you have examples of the one's I have thrown out or, any other examples of "That" guy.
I always hated That Guy playing pool at a bar, like he's Minnesota Fats and this is for the Championship of the Universe. I just want to hang out, drink a few beers, and play a GAME of pool. And no, I don't want to play you for money or to see who buys the next pitcher.
The golf guy(s) I know can remember to the blade of grass this incredible shot they hit 3 years ago but, they cannot remember that they actually shot a 5 on a par 3 that just occurred. They can also remember some shitty shot you hit but, for the life of them cannot remember that round where you waxed their ass.
I can't stand "That Guy" when I'm watching a local minor league baseball game. He's the guy that knows what it takes to be a pro baseball player, because he played ball in high school, and none of these fools on the field are ever going to make it to the big leagues. "That Guy" also knows all this because he once saw Joel Zumaya pitch a game while playing for this team a few years back, and he knew that this Zumaya guy would make it big one day.
"That Guy" at the bowling alley who thinks because he carries a 245 average that anyone really gives a S.