Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drumming
Just figured I'd see how many on the boards are drummers. I've been drumming for 2 and a half years, totally self taught.

Here's a cover I posted on youtube the other day. It's a Lamb of God cover of the song "Laid to Rest", so if you don't like metal, you probably won't like it. (I put the actual song on the video as well) It's the only video of just me drumming, haha. There are some more on youtube, but it's all with my band.

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/lIHtzAlgHIU&hl=en[/flash]
Not a drummer but a guitarist, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a good drummer here in the Myrtle Beach area.
Are you actually hitting those double kicks, if so single pedal or two pedals?
Kris!? Wrote:Just figured I'd see how many on the boards are drummers. I've been drumming for 2 and a half years, totally self taught.

Here's a cover I posted on youtube the other day. It's a Lamb of God cover of the song "Laid to Rest", so if you don't like metal, you probably won't like it. (I put the actual song on the video as well) It's the only video of just me drumming, haha. There are some more on youtube, but it's all with my band.

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/lIHtzAlgHIU&hl=en[/flash]

Hey, you did pretty good! I love Lamb of God, and Chris Adler is the freakin' man.

Btw, not a drummer.....just married to one. Smile
So it's 4/4 with double bass?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
ChevSSCamaro67 Wrote:Not a drummer but a guitarist, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a good drummer here in the Myrtle Beach area.
I wouldn't doubt it. Apparently it's hard to find a good drummer anywhere. Just like it is to find someone who can actually sing, and do metal style screams (like Howard Jones from Killswitch Engage can).

Derek Wrote:Are you actually hitting those double kicks, if so single pedal or two pedals?

Yeah, I am, the camera just didn't pick it up very well. You can hear them, you just have to listen harder for them. I'm thinking about posting the video to youtube without the song, just me drumming. I've got two pedals though. I wish I could hit a single pedal that fast, well, I can, but not for very long at all.

Admin Wrote:So it's 4/4 with double bass?

Yeah, Laid to Rest is 4/4 with double bass, but the bass drum rhythm is triplet eight notes at about 130 bpm, instead of the average straight sixtieth note bass rhythm found in a lot of other songs.

It's a fun song to play, one of my favorites.
Well if you find a singer let me know and I'll move lol
ChevSSCamaro67 Wrote:Well if you find a singer let me know and I'll move lol

haha, deal Tongue
A full size drum set will be one of the first 15 5hitngs I buy when I win the lottery next week. Anyone want to give me lessons ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:A full size drum set will be one of the first 15 5hitngs I buy when I win the lottery next week. Anyone want to give me lessons ?
ha, I will. It's easy to drum. haha yeah right.
Titan ! Wrote:A full size drum set will be one of the first 15 5hitngs I buy when I win the lottery next week. Anyone want to give me lessons ?

Learn how to count rhythms properly and the rest just falls into place.

On the other hand, i am currently fine tuning "Third Eye" from Tool on drums, if i can get my hands on a camera once i feel confident enough with it, i may post something.
providencecrow Wrote:

Learn how to count rhythms properly and the rest just falls into place.

On the other hand, i am currently fine tuning "Third Eye" from Tool on drums, if i can get my hands on a camera once i feel confident enough with it, i may post something.

counting rhythms is where a LOT of people fail.

I've been attempting to learn some Tool stuff. Some of the beats just feel so awkward when I drum them, haha.
Kris!? Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:Learn how to count rhythms properly and the rest just falls into place.

counting rhythms is where a LOT of people fail.

I've been attempting to learn some Tool stuff. Some of the beats just feel so awkward when I drum them, haha.

I give up on some of careys polyrhythms, the dude is a madman.

I have found the main reason that most people fail at counting rhythms are that they dont know how to break them down at all. What i see is instead of people going "1 e and a 2 e and a" for 16th notes they will just rapidly try to go "1 2 3 4, 1 2 3 4' and it throws them off.

I find it pretty easy to go to any different count because i can count to 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and so on. I have no problem switching a count from 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and to 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and. Maybe i'm just special.