Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Obama/McCain be a repeat of Kennedy/Nixon?
I think television is McCain's worst enemy. He just seems to keep shooting himself in the foot. He's now managed to piss off some of his greatest contributers - the Hiltons - by equating their granddaughter with Obama. Plus, his attempts to be "hip" just come off as sad and desperate.

I think Obama is going to destroy McCain in the debates. It doesn't have anything to do with how I lean politically. Obama is just the better speaker/debater. McCain couldn't even cut it against his fellow Republicans. I remember the republican debates at the Reagan Library. Romney would catch McCain in a lie, and he'd just keep going like he didn't even realize he got caught! The man's got no substance to him. Everything he says seems fake and rehearsed.
scooterfanatic Wrote:I think television is McCain's worst enemy. He just seems to keep shooting himself in the foot. He's now managed to piss off some of his greatest contributers - the Hiltons - by equating their granddaughter with Obama. Plus, his attempts to be "hip" just come off as sad and desperate.

I think Obama is going to destroy McCain in the debates. It doesn't have anything to do with how I lean politically. Obama is just the better speaker/debater. McCain couldn't even cut it against his fellow Republicans. I remember the republican debates at the Reagan Library. Romney would catch McCain in a lie, and he'd just keep going like he didn't even realize he got caught! The man's got no substance to him. Everything he says seems fake and rehearsed.
Apparently you haven't seen Obama when he doesn't have a teleprompter in front of him. I expect to hear a whole lot of stammering from both candidates during their debates.
I agree. However, when unscripted McCain is a much better speaker than Obama. Obama stutters and can't come up with a coherent sentence (much like Bush).
dasbow Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:I think television is McCain's worst enemy. He just seems to keep shooting himself in the foot. He's now managed to piss off some of his greatest contributers - the Hiltons - by equating their granddaughter with Obama. Plus, his attempts to be "hip" just come off as sad and desperate.

Apparently you haven't seen Obama when he doesn't have a teleprompter in front of him. I expect to hear a whole lot of stammering from both candidates during their debates.

He has his ups and downs, that's for sure. I was just expecting so much more from him, but he's proved that he's just politics as usual. Now more than ever did we need a really good candidate, but the ruling party that pretends to be two decided to give us some more snoozers this year.
kaboobie92 Wrote:I agree. However, when unscripted McCain is a much better speaker than Obama. Obama stutters and can't come up with a coherent sentence (much like Bush).

You should have seen Bush in the 90's. Totally different than he is today. Seriously, the man was SHARP. Check out this video:

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/Z12lrlNsjgQ&hl=en[/flash]
scooterfanatic Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:Apparently you haven't seen Obama when he doesn't have a teleprompter in front of him. I expect to hear a whole lot of stammering from both candidates during their debates.

He has his ups and downs, that's for sure. I was just expecting so much more from him, but he's proved that he's just politics as usual. Now more than ever did we need a really good candidate, but the ruling party that pretends to be two decided to give us some more snoozers this year.
No kidding. I was hoping for way better than McCain. Reminds me of the South Park episode where they had to choose between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich.
dasbow Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:He has his ups and downs, that's for sure. I was just expecting so much more from him, but he's proved that he's just politics as usual. Now more than ever did we need a really good candidate, but the ruling party that pretends to be two decided to give us some more snoozers this year.
No kidding. I was hoping for way better than McCain. Reminds me of the South Park episode where they had to choose between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

Was it just me who found it really strange Romney dropped out when he did? He was behind, sure, but McCain's lead wasn't insurmountable. Romney would have made a far better executive than McCain, that's for damn sure. I even kind of liked Mike Huckabee other than his quote about changing the constitution to bring it more in line with Christianity.
scooterfanatic Wrote:
kaboobie92 Wrote:I agree. However, when unscripted McCain is a much better speaker than Obama. Obama stutters and can't come up with a coherent sentence (much like Bush).

You should have seen Bush in the 90's. Totally different than he is today. Seriously, the man was SHARP. Check out this video:

If nothing else, this is a ringing endorsement for cocaine.
scooterfanatic Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:No kidding. I was hoping for way better than McCain. Reminds me of the South Park episode where they had to choose between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

Was it just me who found it really strange Romney dropped out when he did? He was behind, sure, but McCain's lead wasn't insurmountable. Romney would have made a far better executive than McCain, that's for damn sure. I even kind of liked Mike Huckabee other than his quote about changing the constitution to bring it more in line with Christianity.

Or him denying evolution? The dude is Effing crazy.
I liked romney as well, if nothing else, the dude definetly looked presidential....albeit with bulletproof hair.
scooterfanatic Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:No kidding. I was hoping for way better than McCain. Reminds me of the South Park episode where they had to choose between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

Huckabee colluded with McCain in a couple states, W Va being one if I remember correctly, keeping Mitt from winning those states outright. He was never going to be able to make up the delegates. I liked Mitt, because he had a lot of solid executive experience as a governor and running the US Olympic Committee. Plus, as governor of Massachusetts, he proved he could work with an overwhelmingly Democratic State House and Senate. Maybe a bit of a stiff shirt, but also a highly competent executive.

100% Correct! Barack might sound like a great speaker but the SNL impersonator sounds better. That's how much he sucks. Look up the video of John McCain with George Stephanapolis (or however he spells it) and George Stephan... challenged McCain and McCain started to lose his temper with the ex-communications director for Bill Clinton. He won that fight and if he can do the same against Obama, McCain will be the winner of atleast one of the debates. Obama couldn't debate against Hillary Clinton! Hopefully John McCain will lose his temper with Barack and make people realize what a joke Barack Obama really is!
internkylebusch Wrote:Obama couldn't debate against Hillary Clinton!

1. Yes he could.

2. Is this supposed to be an insult? Is Hillary Clinton some sort of slouch?

Do you have anything to offer, other than blustering on about how evil Obama is without actually adding anything of substance to back it up?
Fistor Wrote:
internkylebusch Wrote:Obama couldn't debate against Hillary Clinton!

1. Yes he could.

2. Is this supposed to be an insult? Is Hillary Clinton some sort of slouch?

Do you have anything to offer, other than blustering on about how evil Obama is without actually adding anything of substance to back it up?

Let me just say that Hillary Clinton is much better than Obama. This is a complement to Hillary Clinton. If it was Clinton vs. McCain I would have a hard time deciding who to vote for. Barack Obama does not answer the questions that could clear his name. Anytime I hear him speak, he dances around the answers the questions that would clear his name from all the doubts (Rev. Wright, his muslim turned atheist father that abandoned him, the fact that he was completely lost when he was young and spent many hours in the back of churches trying to find himself, lack of experience, being too soft) from people who try to understand him and get to the bottom of who this man really is. But instead he sits there and takes the question and re-words it for the moderator without answering it. Just go back and watch some of the debates. All the doubts all have been talked about in all the news articles, politcal talk shows, etc. Go back and look at them. There was a particular article in the July 21 edition of Newsweek that leaves me scratching my head.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/145971
http://www.newsweek.com/id/151233

There also have been many books written all about the point I am trying to make.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainm...3489.story

And Some more:
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=13657

Also check these out:

Day 1: Obama's Great Lie

"Barack Obama's message that he is a reformer is a great lie," says National Review's David Freddoso. His new book The Case Against Barack Obama states, "If Barack Obama is a reformer, he may be the first reformer ever to become president of the United States before doing anything serious in the name of reform."

A quick look at Obama's record demonstrates his lack of willingness to engage in change and reform, dating from the beginning of his political career and continuing in his current service as U.S. senator. Obama has a history of sidestepping controversial issues and votes
Just because it's sensationalistic and supports your views, doesn't mean it's accurate.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200808050011?f=s_search
speedbump Wrote:Just because it's sensationalistic and supports your views, doesn't mean it's accurate.

I am no sensationalist and I don't think the books are 100% accurate. But if you read the Newsweek articles about how lost he was when he was young, does not make me feel safe. There are just too many questions about Barack Obama and that's one of the reasons why I will never vote for him. What I don't understand is why anyone would fall head over heels for a candidate who has very little, next to no experience in the Senate.
internkylebusch Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:Just because it's sensationalistic and supports your views, doesn't mean it's accurate.

I am no sensationalist and I don't think the books are 100% accurate. But if you read the Newsweek articles about how lost he was when he was young, does not make me feel safe. There are just too many questions about Barack Obama and that's one of the reasons why I will never vote for him. What I don't understand is why anyone would fall head over heels for a candidate who has very little, next to no experience in the Senate.
He's got a whole 143 days work experience in the Senate. You couldn't get promoted to manager at McDonald's after only 143 days on the job.
dasbow Wrote:
internkylebusch Wrote:I am no sensationalist and I don't think the books are 100% accurate. But if you read the Newsweek articles about how lost he was when he was young, does not make me feel safe. There are just too many questions about Barack Obama and that's one of the reasons why I will never vote for him. What I don't understand is why anyone would fall head over heels for a candidate who has very little, next to no experience in the Senate.
He's got a whole 143 days work experience in the Senate. You couldn't get promoted to manager at McDonald's after only 143 days on the job.

You can(be a McManager), if you speak Spanish. ;D